“Excellent. Michelin style food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Watermark

Watermark
Reserve with OpenTable
Watermark is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 2,031 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: 11th Avenue
Odense, Denmark
“Excellent. Michelin style food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This turned out to be one of the most perfect dinners ever. We had a 5 course chefs suggestion with wines. Served by Trish she accompanies every dish with a story and with perfect wines for each dish. We were 7 in our party and stayed till the restaurant closed. Got to shake hands with the chef himself also. I would love to go there again!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank MadsDK

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Ok, nothing special, expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The menu was peculiar and expensive. Nothing special about the food for the cost. We had ribeye, which was not worth the expense. Dinner ala carte, sides were fine. Wine list was okay. Would find somewhere else to dine on next visit to Nashville.

1 Thank cindeeandjim
Canada
“Nice but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

A colleague and I had dinner here this evening and I have no complaints other than they use too much salt! Service was friendly and not too intrusive. I had the blue crab and shrimp cake - to die for! Followed by the scallops, again, amazing! You won't go wrong here. Entrees $25-$35. Good wine list. Great ambience.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank GypsyGirl21
Grove City, Pennsylvania
“Very good: Food, view, and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining with friends at this establishment while visiting Nashville in July. The establishment is very clean and has just added, I believe, a bar area of their lower level. We chose to dine up on the garden balcony which gave us a great view of nashville and made the evening that much nicer.

One note about service as we felt we could not help but enjoy our waiter who was both attentive and unobtrusive. This is very hard to do and he managed to do both while also recommending several dishes that went over well with our table.

The food is a mix of what you would expect with a fine restaurant (fish, lamb, pork, etc.) with a southern flair. For example, on the recommendation of the waiter I had the Hickory grilled domestic lamb tenderloin over a ragout of young leeks, patty pans and braised neck in a yellow tomato, olive, caper and garden thyme jus. I tend not to live olives or capers but I decided to trust his judgment and I am glad I did. The lamb was exceptionally cooked and very tender and the rest of the dish was so flavorful I had no problems cleaning my plate. The crème brûlée was also quite nice not only in terms of the dish itself but also the addition of the hazelnut nougats the chef added. The wine list was extensive - and well enjoyed - and the cocktails were also well made and not watered-down.

All in all an exceptionally enjoyable evening out with great food that was well worth the price paid. It is not a cheap place to eat but if you want to get the best food for your dollar I doubt you could do worse in Nashville than Watermark.

1 Thank RobC614
New York City, New York
“Innovative and Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I visited Nashville for the first time recently, and we were lucky enough to celebrate my husband's birthday at Watermark. The service was courteous and attentive; the food was innovative and delicious. We sat outside on the terrace, which was lovely. We will definitely visit Watermark again the next time that we are in town.

1 Thank Jocelin E