“Good folks to stay with and affordable”

Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Ranked #88 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Good folks to stay with and affordable”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I needed a place to write for about a week. I needed a place to just concentrate and be close to downtown. I saw Knights Inn from the interstate and thought that would be perfect !

They were very nice. I had a room that was less than I desired and they promptly moved me to another room. They were quick to make the change and compensated me for the inconvenience. There some improvements needed to the building and I suppose some rooms. However, Irfan, the GM, has been diligent to make sure I was comfortable. He is a good GM.

My room was clean and bright. The bed was extremely comfortable and most importantly quiet!

The breakfast is well balanced meal and filling. The lady who prepare the meal is always smiling and welcoming the quest. It was great southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Room 130 was great
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Scary! I'm surprised the Knights chains allows their name on the building. It is in total friend!. The dresser n night stand had old broken drawer. The carpet was filthy n very old. I did not walk on it barefoot. It was smelly in the room. I was on floor 2 n the floor boards were warped or water damaged under carpet. I moved an old desk in front of door for fear someone would break shabby door in. The continental breakfast was the only thing that was decent.

Room Tip: The carpet needs to be stripped n water damaged floor boards need to be fixed. The room looked like...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Minerva P
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at our hotel.We are a large hotel and have a lot of guests staying at the hotel.There is going to be traffic movement around the building.We have thousands of satisfied guests who are very satisfied with our area.We also provide free parking.We have a 7000 people crosspoint church right across our property.They even have a following on crosspointtv.com.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

None
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Pros: Low cost, short drive to downtown, good breakfast
Cons: Unclean room, sketchy neighborhood
I stayed here for a week because it was the cheapest place I could find relatively close to downtown. At first, the location/room didn't feel safe at all, but the front desk clerk assured me that they have a nighttime security guard, and they also turn on flood lights at night that help make it safer. The carpet in the room turned my socks black, and there was also a crumb on the floor and some small stains on the sheets and towels. The hotel was a short drive (about 5-10 minutes) from the hotel but was a little too far to walk (30-45 minutes). The service and breakfast were good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank None1111
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Overall we enjoyed our stay! The room was clean and had the basics (TV, bed, fridge, microwave), but honestly you don't come to Nashville to stay in the hotel room. The bed was comfortable and our room was cleaned while we were out. The breakfast was decent; we had a waffle, although I wouldn't suggest the eggs. Having the breakfast option helped us save a little money on food, which is always nice. The staff was friendly and the location is a little too far to walk downtown, but a taxi ride is less than $10 one way. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was not my first time staying in Nashville, but my first time staying at this motel. The front staff were very friendly and prompt. During the stay they assisted us with calling a taxi and also provided us with an iron. The rooms were very basic, but we did not expect much more than that. It has comfy beds/pillows, great shower water pressure, microwave, fridge, flat screen TV and air conditioning. I agree that this motel isn't exactly close to downtown, but we cabbed it to Honky Talk Row and it was about $8.00 -not bad! My friend and I felt safe and secure while we were here and had no issues with the area. The pool was nice and clean and parking is also no cost for your car. This motel is worth a try is you're on a budget. If you can afford a bit more for your stay, you may want to shop around for another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor. It's too close to the parking lot and you may get a few headlig...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Hotel was in good area.Hotel had very clean rooms and price was just very affordable.We went downtown broadway walking it took us 15 mins to walk.The breakfast scrambled eggs were awesome and suasages very tasty.Wifi was superfast.Irfan the desk clerk was very caring and helped guide us so everything went smoothly.Parking was free.

Room Tip: Pool side room is very appealing as pool was beautiful and large
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed three nights at Knights Inn during late April on my 'Bucket-list' trip across America from Johannesburg, South Africa, using Knights as a base from which to see Nashville. The day after I arrived I found that I needed to get to Memphis for a day too... I have to say that if it were not for the friendly help and inspiration of Knights owner/management I wouldn't have made it..... thankyou so much for not only being welcoming and accommodating, but helping to make my trip the wonderful experience that it was! My room was fine, breakfast much-appreciated, but most of all thanks again to the Manager for his help and encouragement. Best wishes, Phil from Joburg, South Africa.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo