“Good cheap place close to downtown!”

Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Ranked #93 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Its not the Hilton but we stay here when attending concerts at the Bridgestone. Dont expect much bit its clean and well located. It's location is great for a tight budget and the downtown area! Definitely book online tho you'll get a better price.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank keystone82

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The only cons I would say is the furniture is aged, the carpet is a bit grungy as is the room smell, but the pros are:
- reasonable price
- has nice pool outside
- great location if you have a car (not so if you want public transit)
- aircon works great
- good water pressure
- nice beds/sheets clean
- flat screen tv
- small fridge and microwave included
Works for me, I just made sure to wear socks in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cosmacka
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The hotel was located on the other side of the river but was in downtown area.The hotel was not fancy like some of the newer hotels downtown.We were very appreciative of the price which was pretty reasonable for the area in downtown.The breakfast was great,The wifi was super fast.We took a cab to downtown for $6.The person working at night time mir was just too good.He helped us a lot and was very friendly.Room was super clean.We saw on going renovations that will make the property even better.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank martin u
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The location is very good with walking distance (half an hour) or less than 10 minutes by car to Down Town and Broadway. The hotel is a bit old but the rooms are clean and nice with good air conditions.
The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed towards the parking lot and the room was free from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 57Klas
Reviewed May 20, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
4  Thank Christine S
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had a very positive experience at this hotel. I realize that it is not the most high end place and that it's not truly downtown because guests have to cross the bridge over the river to get to the main attraction. However, for an inexpensive, conveniently located hotel, this was perfect for me.

The room was plain but what I needed was there - a soft bed, a shower with good water pressure and a tv. On trips, I tend to think of the hotel room as the place where I like to sleep and nothing else because I'm out all day exploring. For this, the Knights Inn was perfect. Yes, it was loud outside my first floor room for a few hours during the night (it was a Friday night). But I have experienced the same type of thing at high end hotels in other cities.

I have read some of the negative reviews on here I respect people's views. I think with a hotel like Knights Inn, you essentially get what you pay for - nothing fancy, but a fine place to lay your head down at night.

One closing thought: Irfan, the gentleman who works at the front desk during the day (I think he's the day manager) treated me wonderfully. I had to leave unexpectedly early and needed to cancel the second night of my reservation. I asked if it would be possible for me to get a refund and at first he said that it wouldn't be because I had booked the reservation through a third party (Expedia). Then, just as I was leaving, he called me back. He said that he felt badly about me losing the money and gave me a full refund for the night I wouldn't be staying. I just wanted to make a special note of this because I think that kind, accommodating staff at a hotel is one of the most important aspects of staying there, and Irfan embodied these characteristics.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank elephantfancy83
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I chose this hotel because the prices of the hotels closer to the downtown area were way over my budget. The reviews weren't good but I was nicely surprised. The room was small but clean, good shower with plenty hot water and tub, the breakfast simple but okey, and the staff helpful. It is easy to access downtown in a taxi, and if you drive the airport is pretty near. The main problem may be the noise in the room facing the parking lot, specially on weekends. Specially suited for young travelers.

• Stayed: May 2014