Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
  • Pool
Fairlane Hotel(Nashville)
Stay Alfred(Nashville)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleanbudget hotelmicrowave and fridgecab ridefree breakfasttitans gamemin walknissan stadiumyogurthot breakfastcoffee makerbridgestone arenadowntownbroadwayubercabsrates
Reviewed May 6, 2014

For the price this hotel was good location, the room was clean, Close to downtown. I would suggest they need to replace all the rugs though! We walked about 5 blocks away from the downtown direction to a liquor store and felt safe as everyone was very friendly and said hello to us.. At first I did not like the room, as it was dark, dingy and at the end of the complex by the gas station which was loud at night. I complained about our room however, they did end up moving us the next day to a nicer room, which was closer to our friends and the pool. I had to leave early and Mr Mir Ali let me use his front desk computer and phone to book a last minute flight home and ordered me a taxi to the airport. He was very kind and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Knights Inn, Nashville for one night in April 2014. We chose the motel on price alone-it was the cheapest motel in the area whilst being the closest to downtown in that cost bracket.
We weren't expecting much and out expectations were matched. Check-in was swift, as was checkout. The staff we met were efficient.
The room was...yup, average. It also stank of smoke. Either people pay no heed to the warnings about a fine for cigarette use in the room or the threat is an idle one. It smelt like our room had been inhabited by smokers since it was last decorated in the 70s.
The beds (it was a double room) were comfy though, the air conditioning functional and the tv had a host of channels.
A common theme with the Knights Inn seems to centre on plumbing issues in the bathroom and our room was not an exception. The toilet leaked a little when flushed, which meant a small puddle by the side of the loo that you might put your foot in if not careful...
A quick word on location-its pretty fine. Of course there is nothing near to a nice view from the window (the hotel is by a petrol station and a hire vehicle depot) but the Titans stadium is a ten minute walk and Broadway et al is about 25 mins, the other side of the bridge.
We walked to downtown during the day but being tourists and not knowing the area intimately, we got a cab back in the evening-it was about $8.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ugaxque
Reviewed May 6, 2014

They were friendly and helped us a great deal. I forget the gentleman's name at the front desk, but he was very helpful and we appreciated his help a great deal. I would go back if on another business trip through Nashville.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2014

By some of the reviews on here, I was expecting the worst. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, there was no homeless people harassing people, and the staff was friendly. The hotel was just a $5 cab ride from downtown.

The beds were very hard and uncomfortable though. My back hurt for the rest of the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The only positive notes I have for this hotel is that the owners are friendly, and it is located just down the road from the Titans' stadium...so if it was a day game, you might walk there (i.e. if it is DAY LIGHT); otherwise, the area does not seem safe. It is located just off the highway, and there are only a few restaurants within a walking distance (about a mile away...and in DAY LIGHT). The gas station/convenience store does not have much, so if you stay here, take food/beverages in the room with you. So, the room...The room had a small refrigerator and a small microwave. It was probably clean, but it was hard to tell, and I did not have much faith in that, anyway. Everything in the room is of the brown and orange (with a tiny bit of white) motif -- like from the '70s (and everything sort of felt like the room, itself, had not had any upgrades since the '70s).

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business