“A Good Value”

Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Ranked #93 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at the Knights Inn at 99 Spring St. Nashville in November of 2013. We picked it because the walk to downtown was short. We walked it very easily and did not have to take our car. The walk was scenic and safe. The rooms were better than expected for the low price and again safe and quiet. The employees were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast included eggs, waffles, cereal, bagels, juice and more. A good start to the day. All in all we were very pleased and will stay there again if we get back to Nashville.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I went to Nashville on a whim. We found a lot of the hotels were quite expensive within walking distance of the strip. Fortunately we found the Knights Inn and were lucky enough they had a room. The room was clean and stocked with all our basic needs. We thought Andi was just fantastic. He was so helpful and knowledgable. Thanks to the value we found at this clean, conveniently located hotel, we were able to enjoy more of Nashville with the money we saved! Thank you, Knights Inn on 99 Spring Street!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank MrsBrinnon
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Well, where do I begin.
We arrive later in the evening, after travelling for 11 hours by car, to the desk clerk who looked like he needed a shower and to change his dirty spotted shirt. Nice gentleman, not a great first impression. I had booked two rooms and wanted to put them on one credit card. I was told I could not do that. This is the first hotel that I stayed at that needed two seperate credit cards, one for each room. After the front desk, we proceed to our rooms. WOW...the sheets had spots on them, including blood spots. The bathroom walls had plaster peeling off, and the room was what felt like 100 degrees, and could not be adjusted. We wake up the next morning to check out the free breakfast included with the room. Coffee was the only thing I would trust, barely. They had hard boiled eggs, already peeled, sitting in a container without being cooled or covered up. I wanted something, so I opted for toast. The bread was terrible and the jelly came out of the container as one square and it could not be spread out on the bread. i had not been feeling to well so I was laying down in the room in the afternoon when the phone rang. I pick up the phone and the guy on the other end said he was from the front desk and they had a software update and needed to re enter my information. i said I would come to the front desk but he demanded I give the information over the phone. I gave him my email address and home address and then he asked for my credit card info. I told him no, that I would come to the front desk and give that information, and he hung up. Be aware of this scam if you still decide to stay at this hotel!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank jerry s
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay at the hotel.You had two rooms booked under different names.By credit card company rules the credit card has to be in the name of the person whose name is listed on the reservation unless written authorization is given by credit card holder to charge another person's credit card.The desk clerk was only doing his job.
All hotels have to credit card name the same as reservation or credit card company can deny charges.
The bread we get for breakfast and hard boiled eggs we get from a reputed food distributor.You kept on mentioning that omni hotel has these facilities and we did not have so many things they have as amenities.We are a budget priced hotel and try to provide the best service for the price we charge.We have thousands of satisfied guests.
The desk clerk offered to book you a room at the Omni hotel and forfeit charges by the hotel.After learning that room was$400 per night plus taxes.Parking $35 per day.Breakfast you have to pay.You also have to pay for internet and microwave and fridge and tip several times you balked.We have never advertised ourselves that we are like the Omni hotel.
Please next time book at a five star hotel as they can meet your high expectations.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at the wonderful stay we had last night at the Knights Inn. The room was perfectly clean and had everything we needed. Don't expect anything super fancy, this is still just a cheap hotel but it was excellent for the price. The staff was friendly and it was only a $7 cab ride super to Broadway. I think they also have free breakfast but we didn't wake up in time.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Being a woman and travelling alone I did not feel safe. The room was run down and smelled terrible. When I asked the manager for a different room he was VERY rude, yelling at me and ordered me to leave or he would call the police.
I have travelled through the US for 4 months and have never been treated so rude.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank hamstito
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went to this place on the 2nd jan , their was 4 of us ,we booked for 2 nights. We left the day after , the room was stinking , the beds had been slept in and just spread over , the sheets were filthy, the toilet seats were a disgrace , I know it's cheap but I didn't expect downright nasty ,the carpet was filthy dirty , the man on the front desk was rude , the place is terrible , so anyone who wants to sleep in filth then this is the place for you

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gail S
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a cheap room to stay in Nashville a couple days around New Years. Of course, all rooms at this time were beyond expensive. So the $120 we paid a night was decent for the room. However, we did not have expectations. The room smelled horrible. The heater did not work properly. The guy at the front desk was the rudest person on the face of the planet. I work at a hotel, and if I acted like that guy, I would get fired in a heartbeat. Housekeeping did not clean our room the first day because they didn't arrive until 4pm and she said she could offer us clean towels and take our dirty ones. Didn't even take our trash. When we checked out, the guy at the front desk did not say "have a great day!" or "thanks for staying with us!" he just stuck his hand out and took the keys. When we were 45 minutes away, we realized that we forgot our pillows. So I called the front desk to see if they could mail them to us (of course at our expensive - my hotel offers that service), but the guy working the front desk was awful and refused to even let us set up that UPS would come pick them up from him. So we had to drive back to the hotel and get them. We wouldn't have worried about it but one pillow was one of the iso-cool pillows my boyfriend had just gotten for Christmas. Anyways, long story short, spend the extra money and stay elsewhere. This is definitely not worth it at all.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank craigsl

We apologize for any inconvienience caused to you during your stay.When you called the front desk and mentioned you had left pillows in your room we immediately got the pillows from the room and contacted you.The desk clerk told you to send a prepaid ups box so we could ship the pillows to you.You became irate and insulted the desk clerk and mentioned that all hotels pay for shipping for items left in the room.The desk clerk was merely doing his job.You told the housekeeper not to enter your room when she came to clean the room as your spouse was getting ready.I hope this clarifies the matter.