“Do not go there!!”

Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Ranked #99 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Being a woman and travelling alone I did not feel safe. The room was run down and smelled terrible. When I asked the manager for a different room he was VERY rude, yelling at me and ordered me to leave or he would call the police.
I have travelled through the US for 4 months and have never been treated so rude.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank hamstito

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went to this place on the 2nd jan , their was 4 of us ,we booked for 2 nights. We left the day after , the room was stinking , the beds had been slept in and just spread over , the sheets were filthy, the toilet seats were a disgrace , I know it's cheap but I didn't expect downright nasty ,the carpet was filthy dirty , the man on the front desk was rude , the place is terrible , so anyone who wants to sleep in filth then this is the place for you

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gail S
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a cheap room to stay in Nashville a couple days around New Years. Of course, all rooms at this time were beyond expensive. So the $120 we paid a night was decent for the room. However, we did not have expectations. The room smelled horrible. The heater did not work properly. The guy at the front desk was the rudest person on the face of the planet. I work at a hotel, and if I acted like that guy, I would get fired in a heartbeat. Housekeeping did not clean our room the first day because they didn't arrive until 4pm and she said she could offer us clean towels and take our dirty ones. Didn't even take our trash. When we checked out, the guy at the front desk did not say "have a great day!" or "thanks for staying with us!" he just stuck his hand out and took the keys. When we were 45 minutes away, we realized that we forgot our pillows. So I called the front desk to see if they could mail them to us (of course at our expensive - my hotel offers that service), but the guy working the front desk was awful and refused to even let us set up that UPS would come pick them up from him. So we had to drive back to the hotel and get them. We wouldn't have worried about it but one pillow was one of the iso-cool pillows my boyfriend had just gotten for Christmas. Anyways, long story short, spend the extra money and stay elsewhere. This is definitely not worth it at all.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank craigsl
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

We apologize for any inconvienience caused to you during your stay.When you called the front desk and mentioned you had left pillows in your room we immediately got the pillows from the room and contacted you.The desk clerk told you to send a prepaid ups box so we could ship the pillows to you.You became irate and insulted the desk clerk and mentioned that all hotels pay for shipping for items left in the room.The desk clerk was merely doing his job.You told the housekeeper not to enter your room when she came to clean the room as your spouse was getting ready.I hope this clarifies the matter.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We wanted to stay somewhere where we didn't have to pay $28 a night to park our rental car. This place has free surface parking. It is 10 minutes from downtown Nashville. It is right off the freeway and the area is industrial but we did not feel unsafe. The room was clean and we didn't notice any noise from the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Clean and basic we booked the Knights Inn due to the price and location to the downtown area. Our room was large, with a big bed and a sofa bed and fridge at the end near the window. We had a corner room so this could possibly explain why the room was so big. The room itself could do with being redecorated but for the price we paid it was what we were expecting. Being an older style motel, it may not suit individuals who are not well travelled as all the rooms lead straight out to the outside corridors, which if I had been travelling alone I wouldn't have been too comfortable with, so if you are a worrier then this place probably isn't for you. During the day time it is also fine to walk about 20 minutes to the downtown area over the bridge, but on an evening due to the motel being based on an industrial estate there aren't many people wandering about so get a taxi, which reception are more than happy to call on the phone for you. It cost us about $8 for a five minute ride but it was well worth it. There was a little noise from the trains (horns) in the early hours of the mornings but it didn't wake us as we were already up from jet lag but some people may find that annoying.

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay within close proximity of the downtown area for one or two nights then this should be fine.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and ask for one on the 1st or 2nd floor if you are concerned about safety.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We don't like to spend a lot on rooms, because we are always out & about....but this was RIDICULOUS! First I went to the laundry room and there was a note saying you could only buy tokens at front desk so I had to go back to the front desk, bought one token for $3 and was told that the machine often ate tokens and there were no refunds. Well, I guess I should have just stopped there, because of course the washing machine ate my token so we were stuck going to a laundry mat. The neighborhood is HORRIFIC!!!! Bars and gates on every business window and door!! Hotel was filthy, bed was miserable with two FLAT pillows, furnace rattled all night, nor irons or ironing boards, and the guy at front desk was RUDE at best!!! Our expectations were not high, but we never expected things this bad!! Then in the middle of the night somebody try getting in our room!! TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ron b
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

We apologize for the inconvienience caused to you during your stay.The washing machine was working prior to your use.The desk clerk even came with you to the washing machine and it worked.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed one night Nov. 30 to Dec. 1. Received a room to room inter hotel telephone call around 10 pm demanding I give a male black by the name of Mark my Master Card info ? I declined and he informed me we would be removed from the property ? When I told him I was a police officer on vacation he hung up. I called the front desk to check the few rooms that were rented fo locate the caller. Management just told me not to give my info ? And they were not interested in my complaint. Of course will never stay there again. Seedy place to begin with but we wanted something close to bars.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mike475

We thank you for staying at the hotel.The front desk did not call you regarding credit card information as you had already paid at check in.The desk clerk advised you that he will call phone company to find out who called you.We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay .