“A joke.”

Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Ranked #89 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“A joke.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I completely understand that you get what you pay for, but this hotel is a joke. My friend and I were driving back to Rhode Island and wanted to stop to check out Nashville. So we looked at a few hotels and I called hotels.com for a review on a Howard Johnson's and the rep said it wasn't in a safe area and that the Knights Inn for around the same price was in a much better location and got a better review. He couldn't be more wrong, we pull off the highway and are immediately skeptical about the location (we are two 25yr old girls in a city we had never been to before) but I had already made my reservation so we proceeded.

We pull around to park and see a ton of people are staying here so we were slowly feeling more positive, but they apparently were tricked by the reviews just like us. Our room was filthy, there was hair in the sheets and all over the bathrooms and it just did not smell clean. It looked like they just dumped furniture in a room and left. We left the room to look for a vending machine and had to take our pepper spray because we had no idea what was around any corner. We didn't find a working one and everything was caged up so we ran back to our room. While in the room we started to hear a cat meowing- now the hotel claimed to have a strict no pets policy so we assumed it was a stray cat. But it went on ALL NIGHT. The cat had to have been in the room next door and possible even abandoned. We hardly slept because of it and apon further investigation saw reviews about bed bugs!! So needless to say we had a horrible night and we left at the crack of dawn.

When I checked out I told the man at the front desk (who felt horrible, obviousl) and told me he couldn't really do anything about a reimbursement because I paid through hotels.com. He did however give me $15 cash for breakfast because he felt bad. And probably so I wouldn't write a bad review. He also complimented my jewelry, my hair color and said I was beautiful- all probably for the same reason. But maybe if you didn't want me I write a bad review you would take more pride in your business. So I called hotels.com and I was able to recieve a 50% reimbursement that was handled instantly. So I really only spent about $12 on the room, but I would have rather spent full price on a room and location we were satisfied with.

There are a ton of great reviews for this place on tripadvisor and yahoo, don't believe them. I'm sure it's just the staff writing them to get people into the hotel. I'm sure any place would have been better than this.

• Stayed March 2013
15 Thank barlykrunelle
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
You had wanted a refund on the room after staying at the hotel as you were running low on funds.We have many satisfied guests that stay at our hotel because of clean rooms and great price.The reviews are all written by guests who have stayed at the hotel and are satisfied by their nice experience.You did not want to pay $300 plus tax at the embassy suites on 21st avenue where parking is $35 per day .The desk clerk asked you why you did not mention about your misgivings earlier and stayed the whole night wanting a free night.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 20, 2013

i stayed at the knights inn for three days, and it was a great experience, they had free internet, and the room was very clean,management was very helpful and very very nice, all in all i was very satisfied with the room and their service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank randy j
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The room, service and price are great. My,only advice is be careful in the neighborhood! This would not be suitable for a girls get away or families traveling without a man! It is in walking distance of downtown, however dont walk it at night. We came back to our room in the day time to find a man sitting on the porch in handcuffs for stealing cash and credit cards out of a room. We loved that we could walk right to the Titans Football Field! We would not stay at this hotel again, only because of the neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank bnlewis
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
thank you for staying with us and liking good rooms,service and price about our hotel.The person you refer to had a domestic problem with his wife and was nothing to do with the hotel.we have many guests that love us for our fair pricing and our hotel being one mile from downtown where hotels have exorbitant rates and charge $35 for parking whereas we don't.
Lahore, Pakistan
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have very good experience during my 6 nights stay in Knights Inn at Nashville, Tennessee, USA. The accommodation was so cheap and luxury that I never imagine in such a nice music city. Secondly staff was very cooperative and friendly taking so much care of all the clients. They offered nice breakfast and all the facilities. Very quick service and prompt response by efficient staff members I never seen in any country. I found all the staff members very cooperative but Mr. Irfan Manger of Knights Inn was so nice guy, very caring and determined. I was very comfortable and found that place never less than my house. I will definitely recommend all the friends and clients who wish to visit Nashville must choose Knights Inn and enjoy cheap and comfortable luxury environment with nice staff.
Noor Khan

Room Tip: Room on front are very nice and comfortable