“Great Value for the Money - Nice People”

Knights Inn Nashville Downtown
Ranked #92 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I went to Nashville to spend a weekend with my son at Vanderbilt. I chose the Knights Inn because it wasn't that far from campus and it was very reasonably priced.

When I checked in, the Patel's greeted me and made me feel very welcome. They honored the low rate I had booked online without any issue.

I had read the reviews before and was a little nervous. I was very happy and relieved when I saw my room. The room I got had clearly been renovated recently. The bathroom was new. The fridge and the microwave in the room were a nice touch and the fridge worked perfectly. The room was clean and smelled clean. The AC worked perfectly.

It looks like there are other rooms currently under renovation as there were contractors doing a few rooms while I was there. The work was just in the day and didn't disturb me at all.

There is free wifi and it worked very well. The location is very close to the downtown area and right off of the highway.

I will be returning to visit Nashville for at least the next 2 years and i will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I had room 119 which is away from the parking lot. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ecmmmm
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

We thank you for staying with us.We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will come and stay with us many times.

There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Nashville Downtown

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after a night in Nashville and was pleasantly surprised. The price point ($50 including all taxes found via internet special) was great, so I thought it might be seedy. My room was on the ground floor, had brand new carpet, a small fridge and microwave and was freshly painted / newly remodeled. It was spotless, but the bed was a little uncomfortable. That's fine. For the price, I'll live with t. There was free wifi which actually worked. BONUS!

Room Tip: Non-smoking ground room floors seem to be newly remodeled.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jeannettescape
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The staff here was great. They were very accommodating and always made themselves available. It was a great value and it was in a really good location. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We came here because it is close to downtown and the price was right. It looks pretty crummy from the outside, so I asked to see a room first, but it was satisfactory so we decided to stay. The room was large, had two beds, an old tv, microwave and a fridge. Thankfully the internet worked in the room, unlike at a lot of other motels in this price range. There's a bar next door, but I didn't check it out.

Breakfast was included, but was very limited. Even the plastic cutlery was cheap and flimsy. The area isn't the greatest and I'm not sure that the motel's clientele entirely comprises those who stay all night, but that wasn't a problem. We drove at night anyway and in daytime it was fine. I was able to go for a morning run across the nearby bridge to downtown thanks to its proximity to the city.

As long as you have modest expectations, this place is fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RobWinmar
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We just needed a place to come back to after a night in downtown Nashville. This fit the bill perfectly. Nothing fancy but a great value for the money. We had a 2nd floor and felt sorry for the people underneath us as the floor seemed pretty thin (noisy). Mr. Patel at the front desk was very polite and helpful.

The area may seem a little sketchy but we decided to walk downtown anyway. Didn't have a problem at all. I gps'd it on my phone and it clocked in right at 1.5 miles. Bonus of walking downtown : 1) You get to walk by the stadium, 2) You get to walk over the river bridge which offers awesome views (not for those scared of heights though), and 3) After the bridge you end up at Public Square Park which has a nice monument there which allows you to go up to an observatory with lots of historical plaques and great views of downtown. After a night of hitting up the bars, we just took a cab back (from printer's alley) and it was only $5.

Additional tip : We found one of those "Hotel Coupons" books at a McDonalds about two hours outside of Nashville. They cover hotels throughout the state though so are probably all over. Inside was a coupon for $45/night. They are walk-in only coupons but just call beforehand (phone number on coupon) and make sure they have a room and that they will honor the coupon.

Overall a great experience. I wouldn't stay here on my honeymoon but for a weekend with the guys it was a very good value. Next time in Nashville i won't have to hustle for a hotel as I will just call the Knight's Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NightEmber
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is as close to downtown Nashville I could find in our budget. For $50 a night, which includes all taxes, it was a very clean, modern room. The neighborhood is a bit sketchy, but they did have a security guard in the parking lot at night, at least on the weekend. It is in walking distance from downtown, but only during the day, I did not feel the area between the motel and downtown was safe to walk at night. We did not go to a Titans game, but the stadium is definately in walking distance during the day. Best of all, a 20oz soda is only $1 in the vending machines here. The free breakfast was lackluster though, two cereal options, toast, and orange juice. The staff was very friendly and courtious. Unless you want to pay over $150 a night, this is as close to downtown as I could find. I would stay here again, unless I win the lottery.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheSots
Reviewed January 19, 2012

room was clean, fairly large w/free wi-fi. Those are the only good things about this property. The room had no amenities-no hair dryer, shampoo,coffee,-bed /pillows were hard and very uncomfortable. The door was warped. Had to push hard to get it closed and deadbolt hit the door jamb,instead of going into its slot. "Continental" breakfast was horrible -in an unheated room.The price was not bare bones tho-$56.00 for 1 night. We stay in hotels about 50 nights each year and for about the same price have all of the above mentioned amenities, comfy beds, nice hot breakfast, and a door that locks. One night here was 1 night too many. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: ask what is included in the room you are about to rent
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business