“First trip to Nashville”

Best Western Suites Near Opryland
Ranked #38 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Advance, North Carolina
“First trip to Nashville”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Prior to our trip, I read the reviews left by previous guests about the poor customer service by the front desk. I did my best to forget the reviews and give the place another chance. However, the reviews were correct!

The hotel room was extremely clean and comfortable. However, the front desk employees and the breakfast room attendant need guest relations/customer service training. They weren't rude; just impersonal and quite unfriendly.

When we arrived, we went to the lobby to enjoy a cup of complimentary coffee. There was no cream available, so I checked with the front desk. The employee was less than helpful, explaining the coffee supplies were locked up, and he would have to "bother" the manager to get the key. He could tell by the look on my face, I didn't mind "bothering" the manager, so he reluctantly did so. After waiting an unacceptable amount of time, I got the cream and confirmed what the other reviewers had expressed - great place to stay but don't expect friendly employees. The breakfast room is LOCKED before and after breakfast which is quite a disappointment because there are very few chairs in the lobby. I've never stayed in a hotel where the tables and chairs were locked. The kitchen was in a separate area and supplies were locked away, so I don't understand why the seating area was locked. It gave a cold and impersonal feeling to the small lobby area.

The breakfast area was always well-stocked, but don't go expecting to get hot eggs or breakfast meat. The waffle maker got a good workout, but the sweets came from the grocery store. However, something is better than nothing. And don't expect any smiles from the breakfast area attendant - she was mostly sullen and kept her head down. I'm wondering if she even spoke English becasue many travelers thanked her, and she hardly acknowleged the comments

I was traveling with a group, and everybody had Keurig coffee makers in their room, except one. However, every day the cleaning staff left K cups in their room. You can't make coffee in a regular coffee maker with K cups!! After pointing this out to the cleaning staff, a Keurig was brought to the room. It was a very nice touch, having Keurigs in the room.

BEST WESTERN - wake up and give your employees some training! You have a great hotel, but the front desk experience is unacceptable. You can't escape the Tripadvisor reviews!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Vacationermom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Chilton, Wi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel had nice large rooms, room for 4 with no problem. Had a limited breakfast. Close to drive to the attactions at that end of town. Good food near by, music on the decks close by. If going to the Grand Ole opry, recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
West New York, New Jersey, Usa
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The layout of the room was nice, and the room itself was clean. However, the walls were so thin that I could hear people in neighboring rooms zipping luggage, blowing their noses, etc. I experienced a dangerous situation when the lights went out while I was on the treadmill in the exercise room. They must have been on a timer. I found it difficult to make my way to the lightswitch in a pitch black room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Danville, Illinois
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very clean. Smelled great. Updated. Very personable employees. Will be staying here again. Very close to downtown and Grand ole Opry. Lots to do close by. Only hot food offered for breakfast was waffles. Muffins and cinnamon rolls were "Little Debbie" style.. Keurig coffemakers in rooms was nice also microwaves in room. Very spacious rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Krobinson5
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night while visiting Nashville.

It was a nice stay. The room was nice. It was central to the Opry area so if you are interested in staying here it is perfect with endless restaurants and stores in surrounding areas. The staff were nice too.

I stay at a lot of BW and other hotel chains and in comparison to those it was in the middle-high range of quality in terms of comfort, style of room, bathroom etc.

If you are interested in Broadway and bar hopping you may want to stay around there and not in the Opryland area. Parking near Broadway was ok though, if you do and drive out the 15 minutes it is. About $20 parking for 5pm-6am from memory.

If Opryland is your preference, you can't beat this hotel. It was cheap enough, free parking and free breakfast...pretty good all round. But ultimately depends on what location you are wanting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Toni F
Van Wert, Ohio
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel was clean and the front desk staff very friendly. The breakfast was warm and inviting and there was a good variety. We went to a concert while we were there and when we returned the front desk staff remembered that and asked about our day. There was a shuttle service available from the hotel to take you downtown. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I didn't care for the pillows but the beds were nice. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to others! Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jandmmay
boyne island
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had originally booked one night, thought it was $169 but with taxes etc it was $199. We asked the first night if we could stay an additional night, that was fine. At first the girl said. Yep same as first night $139 plus taxes, we told her we didn't get THAT price, she corrected her self, we are SURE she told us $405 for the two nights. When we checked out our bill was $504, I told the lady that cannot be right, called for the manager.....I told him the same room cannot be $100 difference from we'd to thurs night. Oh yes he said, due to availability....at the time no else wanted the room!! Didn't matter. What we said he said the girl must have made a mistake and that is what it is. I couldn't do anything else.... Now put me off best western....poor service....not happy jan!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple