Prior to our trip, I read the reviews left by previous guests about the poor customer service by the front desk. I did my best to forget the reviews and give the place another chance. However, the reviews were correct!
The hotel room was extremely clean and comfortable. However, the front desk employees and the breakfast room attendant need guest relations/customer service training. They weren't rude; just impersonal and quite unfriendly.
When we arrived, we went to the lobby to enjoy a cup of complimentary coffee. There was no cream available, so I checked with the front desk. The employee was less than helpful, explaining the coffee supplies were locked up, and he would have to "bother" the manager to get the key. He could tell by the look on my face, I didn't mind "bothering" the manager, so he reluctantly did so. After waiting an unacceptable amount of time, I got the cream and confirmed what the other reviewers had expressed - great place to stay but don't expect friendly employees. The breakfast room is LOCKED before and after breakfast which is quite a disappointment because there are very few chairs in the lobby. I've never stayed in a hotel where the tables and chairs were locked. The kitchen was in a separate area and supplies were locked away, so I don't understand why the seating area was locked. It gave a cold and impersonal feeling to the small lobby area.
The breakfast area was always well-stocked, but don't go expecting to get hot eggs or breakfast meat. The waffle maker got a good workout, but the sweets came from the grocery store. However, something is better than nothing. And don't expect any smiles from the breakfast area attendant - she was mostly sullen and kept her head down. I'm wondering if she even spoke English becasue many travelers thanked her, and she hardly acknowleged the comments
I was traveling with a group, and everybody had Keurig coffee makers in their room, except one. However, every day the cleaning staff left K cups in their room. You can't make coffee in a regular coffee maker with K cups!! After pointing this out to the cleaning staff, a Keurig was brought to the room. It was a very nice touch, having Keurigs in the room.
BEST WESTERN - wake up and give your employees some training! You have a great hotel, but the front desk experience is unacceptable. You can't escape the Tripadvisor reviews!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our SMOKE FREE hotel is located in the “Music Valley” area of Nashville, conveniently located near the Gaylord Resort and Convention Center. Also we are located near the World Famous Grand Ole Opry, The General Jackson Showboat, and Opry Mills Mall. Our amenities include: Complimentary high speed wireless internetComplimentary Concierge Service, Microwaves, coffee pots, refrigerator, iron and ironing boards, hair dryers and sofa sleepers in all of our rooms, Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Free USA Today (Monday through Friday). Free local calls• 2 smoke detectors and 3 sprinkler heads/room• On-site laundry• Outdoor pool (open seasonal)• Exercise room with a sauna• Inside corridors• 2 elevators ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Suites Near Opryland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Suites Near Opryland Hotel Nashville
- Best Western Near Opryland
- Best Western Nashville
- Nashville Best Western