Best Western Suites Near Opryland
$292
$211
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites(Nashville)(Great Value!)
$119
$259
$212
HotelIndigo.com
$332
TripAdvisor
1,201 results
All reviewsgrand ole opryroom was cleandowntown nashvillehard boiled eggsgeneral jacksonthe breakfast areashuttle downtownwaffle makershuttle serviceyogurtbiscuits and gravywould stay here againcontinental breakfastminute drivesitting areaup to dategreat place to stay
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had originally booked one night, thought it was $169 but with taxes etc it was $199. We asked the first night if we could stay an additional night, that was fine. At first the girl said. Yep same as first night $139 plus taxes, we told her we didn't get THAT price, she corrected her self, we are SURE she told us $405 for the two nights. When we checked out our bill was $504, I told the lady that cannot be right, called for the manager.....I told him the same room cannot be $100 difference from we'd to thurs night. Oh yes he said, due to availability....at the time no else wanted the room!! Didn't matter. What we said he said the girl must have made a mistake and that is what it is. I couldn't do anything else.... Now put me off best western....poor service....not happy jan!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chooknhally
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Best Western Suites Near Opryland is well-located for both business travelers and tourists, being within a short drive or a longish walk to Opryland and with good highway access to Nashville proper and the surrounding area. It is also very close to fast-service restaurants, a gas station and mini-market, an old mall with some fun shops, go-karts, mini golf, full service chain restaurants and a local bar and grill with live music (John A's...a review on that in its appropriate section). A little off-putting is the derelict old super motel across the street which is apparently slated for demolition. The windows should at least be boarded up on that to make it less of a blight, but BW has no control over that.

The Best Western Suites is in a plain-looking building quietly situated with a good setback from the highway. The grounds are well kept. The lobby is modern style in darker wood, tan, beige and brushed steel. It's not bad, just a bit dull and I'd point out if you're going to have steel elevator doors, you do need to polish them frequently and brush off graffito scratches with ultra-fine steel wool as soon as you find them. It is a somewhat older building that is striving to look hip. There is a complimentary all-day coffee station in the lobby near the elevators.

The lodging level I was on has an attractive and clean celadon-colored textured wallpaper in the moderately wide halls. The carpet is a burgundy-floral-mix that begged for a vacuuming (or even a sweeping) that it never got in the five days I spent there.

The room smelled clean when I entered, and didn't reek of freshening powder or spray. The color scheme was the dark and medium wood tones, tan, brown and gray carpet in a swirl design and two inviting-looking double beds with thick comforters dressed with loden green, russet and gold scarves and skirts. The bed I slept in was indeed comfortable, with three pillows of differing density. The bed linens were in good repair spotless and fresh.

The sitting area, separated from the sleeping area by partial walls flanking an attractive arch, had a hide-a-bed sofa in a russet stripe, coffee table, desk with lamp/power station and a comfortable office chair (celadon pattern). In the sleeping area a roomy low-rise dresser had room for a 42" flat screen TV on top with space to spare for "stuff."

A nice touch was the wooden suitcase bench, which was much sturdier than the usual folding rack that's provided, plus it provided a place underneath to store the suitcase and a handy spot to sit while putting on shoes. A roomy in-room safe was also appreciated.

The dark-mottled-stone-topped mini-bar had a clean and effective small refrigerator, a stainless steel sink, a small, clean microwave and a Keurig single-cup coffee maker. Four stoneware mugs were provided, along with a couple each of a hotel brand regular and decaf coffee k-cups and the snarky packets of sugar, etc. In the bathroom, the usual ugly plastic ice bucket was flanked by four actual glasses. More on the dishes later...

The bathroom was roomy enough, with a large mottled brown-black-tan counter on a curved wooden base. The tile was a stylish brush-stroke textured type in beige. There was a large mirror framed in an antique-gold-toned baroque molding. Everything was clean and shiny, the way I like it. The leading edge of the toilet tissue was nicely fanned, but only on arrival. Towels were neatly arranged in two compartments under the counter, with a hand towel and two wash cloths done up fancily on top. I raised an eyebrow on the third day when the bath mat that was left was frayed and thin. Hotel operators: retire frayed linens to the rag bag.

The breakfast bar was fastidiously attended by a smiling local woman who had a greeting for everyone. Seating was plentiful. Offerings were "cook your own" waffles and the usual yogurt selection, boiled eggs, cereal, juice selection, coffee, bagels, bread, muffins and pastry.

Now for the bad part: the dishes. I do not trust in-room dishes and so I washed the cup and glass I intended to use. I am SO GLAD I did. On a hunch I marked the bottoms of them with waterproof mascara the first morning. Yup, the same items were there when I returned in the evening, but they LOOKED clean. I can't believe housekeeping staff is going to stand by and do dishes properly, so again I washed them, taking care to leave my marks. The next day, I happened to leave a lipstick smear on a coffee cup in the morning. That evening, it was still partially present but showed evidence of a quick wipe. With WHAT? Washing dishes, again! The third day I happened to be in the room working while housekeeping came along. I didn't watch the proceedings, but when I went to make a cup of coffee the cup was again shiny on the outside, but still bore traces of coffee and cream in the bottom of the inside. The glass was nice and shiny, too, but I hadn't heard any dish washing going on. Washed 'em again and the next day and the next. Why didn't I complain to management? No faith and I wouldn't trust the results anyway.

That aside, the room was clean enough and reasonably well maintained. I've yet to stay somewhere that actually kept the vents on the heat/air conditioning unit clean. The location and building were quiet (most of the other guests were senior citizen tourists). The fitness room had four pieces of equipment but the carpet had been soaked with beer and stank. I poked my head into the dry sauna but didn't use it. The swimming pool was not opened yet but the deck looked small, so not really a place to lounge.

Room Tip: A suite on the fifth floor is roomy and quiet, even facing the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Coloradotuff
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly and our room was very large with a separate sitting area. The room itself was clean, but they still use glasses and we had to wash them before using them. The room was quiet, the beds comfortable, and it was close to the opry. The continental breakfast is just average, and when they say expanded, the mean they have a waffle maker. Also, when they say they have "area transportation", they mean they would take you to Gaylord convention center. Not Gaylord hotel to see it and not to the opry. For those, you're on your own. The WiFi is excellent. The laundry (washer and dryer) need to be cleaned. I've used cleaner public laundromats. Overall, an average experience, but not what I would have expected from an AAA 3 star hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

was a very nice hotel rooms were very clean and on the second floor next to the stairs so we never had to use the elevator. did not eat the breakfast but was always crowded. the only complaint would be the hotel staff at the front desk were not very friendly. when i arrive at a hotel and come in and out i guess expect at least a good morning and hello. there was only one young man who directed us to the downtown nashville shuttle and we thank him for that . want to come back to nashville but may look at staying closer downtown, but this hotel was very close to the grand old opry and opry mall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western near Opry Land in 2012. The rooms are spacious and clean, which is great. But there isn't much atmosphere in the hotel and the personal is not very patient and polite. But if you're looking for a place to rest your head after a hard days vacation in Nashville, it's a great bargain!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends