“We had a good room / No problems”

Best Western Suites Near Opryland
Ranked #39 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I do read the reviews on Trip Advisor prior to making my reservations. I had slight concerns about this hotel based on some of the reviews, but was relieved to find my concerns were unfounded. Our room was clean and the bed was soft and comfortable - the room actually looked recently remodeled. We had a room directly across from the elevator. My husband thought this was a plus for location, but again - I was concerned due to a review that stated it was a noisy area -- but we had no problems.
We thought the 9:30 cut off for breakfast on a Sunday morning was too early. My husband did go down and grab coffee, danish and yogurt - which did hold us well until we went out for a hot breakfast later.
Our contact with the staff was minimal since we had no problems. However, we did have to state at both check in and check out that we did not want to be charged for a "safe" that we did not need or want (another tip from Trip Advisor reviewers).
There is a vacant hotel building in front of this Best Western Hotel - and I feared it might be a safety issue. However, there is a chain link fence around the property, clear of debris, and we saw no one loitering around the area. We were told by staff that the new owners are going to demolish the old building and build new. I'm sure this hotel can't wait to be rid of the eye sore.

2  Thank Jo Ann S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Overall reasonable value-for-money stay. Hotel is clean, rooms are big, beds are comfortable and rooms quiet.
Looking a bit faded in places and the carpets have seen better days, particularly in the corridors.
Breakfast was disappointing with no attempt to try something different - bit more fresh fruit for instance instead of the high carb and sugar content of most of the offerings.
But considering the price we paid it was OK.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I visited Nashville and first stayed in the downtown area at the Best Western Plus Music Row. Since we were going to the Opry we decided that we would get closer to the area. Don'e get me wrong, the place is very clean and the room was beautiful but after my experiences in the last two Best Westerns int left a little to be desired. In the two previous we we presented welcome bags containing water and a few edibles, not here..The front desk people were friendly but not as they were at the previous two.The place is very, very clean and the cleaning staff is terrific. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast is not like the others. They offer a very marginal menu with no meat, waffles only and only one waffle maker. When we stayed on Music Row they had waffles, sausage and scrambled eggs. They do cater to tour buses, we had three there during the second night of our stay which made breakfast pretty hard to do. Since they charge the same price for the room as Music Row, I would have expected the same type of treatment.

3  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went to Nashville and were planning on staying at Opryland Hotel. It was already booked, so they booked us at a Fairfield Inn ... one day later they called and said they had overbooked there, so we got booked in at the Best Western Suites Near Opryland. Although it was not luxiourious, it was very nice. I wanted to take the shower home with me ... plenty of hot water and a nice strong spray. The bathroom was actually one of the cleanest ones I have ever been in. You know how some bathrooms you look in the corners and there is a little grimy dirt? Well this one was spotless. The beds were comfortable and the room maintained a good sleeping temp all night. Their breakfast was your usual continental breakfast, but it was well stocked and there was someone there wiping the tables and checking on how much of things were left and replacing them. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline V
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I’ve been to Best Western before when deciding to pick hotels I said I had great experiences until now.

1) I placed this issue at the top of the list, the hotel has bed bugs! My friend who roomed with me spotted a bed bug on top of the bed, the second she tapped it went splat with blood. I lifted the covers and fond another one.

2) In reservations, the person on the phone was very rude to us. Would not budge in changing the reservations dates claiming that everyone tries to pull a fast one. I’m not here to pull fast ones; I’m the customer and guess what I pay your salary.

3) The hotel as a whole seems run down, the carpeting should be replaced talk about something that warned out and filthy.

4) The couch in the room has seen better days. It was full of stains and had a bad odor.

5) The fire / smoke detector was beeping when we got to the room. We told front desk, they said they would have the battery replaced. This is a major safety issue. When returned, the battery tab was rolled open with no battery and no word from the hotel telling us anything. We called the front again; the front desk clerk said they did not have any batteries to replace it with no regard for safety. He then said he guesses he has to get one from another room with no regard to safety. He inserted the battery, did not know how to test it, we had to tell him how to. After he left, the beeper went off again! Low battery. He came over again with another battery; this did work with no warning. One thing that comes to mind is all the batteries need to be swapped and staff trained.

6) The breakfast was loaded with carbs and junk food. Nothing healthy at all! If you’re on a diet as I am, mind you I lost over a hundred pounds before coming here, don’t eat here! The coffee is horrid!

7) Nice shower head but the tub drain is very slow.

8) Internet access was so slow that I had to jump on to Clear wire service to do my work.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank s b
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Other than the extremely loud toilets that you could hear flushing in other rooms (that you have to flush several times even for small pieces of tissue), this hotel was nice. The bed was really comfortable, but the pillows were so flat I ended up with a really bad neck ache, which is still there 2 days later. Pack a pillow! The hotel was clean and had been updated, especially the bathroom sink and shower head. The breakfast was decent, great coffee. Wifi on the fourth floor was pretty much nonexistent. Super close to Opryland- could walk there. Near lots of restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice Motel. Clean. The front desk Staff very courteous, very pleasant and professional. My only complaint is there was only one luggage cart, so we had to wait 15 minutes for the person ahead of us to finish with it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family