“Great place to watch sports or grab a burger before an event”

Barlines Downtown Nashville
Ranked #90 of 2,417 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 26, 2019

This is my second visit to Barlines. Large place with plenty of room inside and outside seating. It was very busy and we still got in pretty quick. Make sure you try the cheeseburger. One of the best juiciest I have ever had!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 9, 2019

I was staying at Omni and needed an easy dinner close by due to the pouring rain. Stopped into Barlines and I’m glad I did, nice atmosphere with live singer that wasn’t too loud. Ordered the burger with slaw and a chocolate candy shake with vodka added. Dinner was delicious and server was very friendly. Nice place if you want to stay close to the hotel. Price was perfect!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019

Stepped in for a drink, was not a packed as most of the other bars on the strip. Was clean & good serves.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

When I asked locals what downtown restaurant (around 5th Avenue) they would recommend for lunch inevitably Barlines (barlinesnashville.com) was the only one to consistently make the top three on the list. So, after visiting one of the many tourist venues I made my way to Barlines.
First, while I did not wait to be seated at a table because I elected to sit at the bar, it is a busy and noisy restaurant and the tables were filling fast. When I read over the menu and the description of sandwiches and shakes my mouth was watering: Smoked Brisket Grilled Cheese, Grown-Up Bologna Sandwich (brought back childhood memories), Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich or the Moonshine Chicken Sandwich which I had: it included buttermilk cheddar, moonshine onion, fried egg on a toasted brioche bun. There also was a side of sweet potato fries waffle cut (at extra charge of about $2 discovered only after the check arrived). Shakes included a selection of non-alcoholic and alcoholic versions (Under Rattle and Roll descriptions) with either: Jack Daniel’s Honey, H Clark Black & Tan, or Pennington’s Vanilla Rye Whiskey.
Food was plated neatly and it was fresh, but the only ingredient that stood out in taste was the onion. Overall, it was just an average cheeseburger - even with the egg on top. The waffle fries were really good. Saved the shake to drink after I tasted the meal so it would not compromise the taste of the cheeseburger or fries.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank AEMTed
Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

Great food, amazing drinks and always fun entertaining band/singer! Love the nachos!! I’m not a huge drinker but I told the waiter that I like fruity things so he made me something super pretty and yummy!! We were in town for a week so we ate here at least 2x a day each day! It was nice, the waiter rememberd us and was always ready with my drink order!

Date of visit: November 2018