“Good location”

Ranked #18 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

After reading some of the reviews I was concerned that I may have booked the wrong hotel! We have visited Nashville for the last 10 years and was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Our room was hugh with kitchen facilities. The free breakfast excellent. The location was good, just a short walk to all the bars etc. Parking was not a problem, we used self parking for $9 per day which was only a short away. Overall I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will definitely go back next year.

2 Thank GillianDCh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 4, 2010

My wife & I decided to travel to Nashville for our anniversary. We figured we wanted to stay downtown (had never been there) but didn't want to pay rates of the "upper class" hotels. I am retired military, so I got a $120/night rate. What a gem! The location is simply outstanding...1.5 short blocks from the Ryman and just a few more to everything else. The valet downstairs suggested we park at the library parking lot to save some money (only $4/day) instead of use the hotel's $11 self-park. Everything was superb, with one little exception. Our room's windows were right next to the floodlights so we got some "bleedover" light in our room at night. We had no trouble sleeping, though. Truly outstanding breakfast buffet and such a nice, quiet hotel. Really a great place to stay...we will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ff0101
Cromwell, CT
Reviewed August 24, 2010

There was something about this place that turned me off. The entire place had a "funky" smell that was very unpleasant. Our room just didn't feel clean and I'm thankful that we only stayed there one night. I didn't like the location, the parking was a nightmare, and the people at the front desk weren't very nice. There was only one window in the room which looked out onto the lobby. Outside the window was a balcony that anyone could access. It didn't feel very safe; I just kept thinking that someone could easily climb into the bedroom. Don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Homewoodnashville, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Because vacations are very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Anthony Irwin
Chicago Suburbs
Reviewed August 23, 2010

There is something about southern hospitality that rings so true. From the moment we stepped into this hotel, we realized how different this place was compared to most hotels. For one, Craig, the front desk clerk was amazing. He tried to get us a room when we checked in at 10:30am. While he didn't have one yet, he said he would call us on our cell when it became avaiable. Then he proceeded to devote 10 minutes to tell us where to go to eat and visit for the next few hours. Then there is Peter, the concierge. He did whatever was asked, and gave us good advice for dinners etc. We had a room that faced the parking lot. It was large enough to have a seperate small kitchen area, bedroom area and living. The room was clean, The value was great, as Hilton was having a summer special on this hotel - $110 per night. It was way cheaper than most other hotels. The breakfast was above average for a place which includes free breakfast food - hot eggs, sausage, and french toast sticks . It is about a 5 blcok walk to Music Row. The walk back is all uphill. If you walk anywhere, bring comfortable shoes, as the city is hilly. There are ALOT of Homeless people around, especially on Church street. None of them really bothered us, except for a few asking for $$ or selling papers. There are tons of police around, so we always felt safe. I do wish there was a hotel bar/restaurant on site, but there are plenty around!

Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The Homewood is usually at the top of my choices when I travel. I'm a fan of their Mon-Thur free dinners and drinks, and their usually decent morning breakfast.

This property has those features. But keep in mind that you are in a downtown location. The parking can be a pain (go valet, otherwise you'll be walking a few blocks) and is expensive, and there are some down-on-their-luck folks that walk and gather within the 1-2 blocks surrounding the hotel, so if you plan on walking to Broadway, don't be surprised. The walk to Broadway isn't easy or that close, by the way. Additionally, some of the rooms have a rather lovely view of a parking garage and not of the atrium.

The hotel desk and reception area staff were great, as was the valet personnel. The staff that cleaned the room were subpar at best. In fact, I've noticed that the cleanliness "factor" in hotels recently has been lacking. There were dirty dishes in the dishwasher, a ton of debris that had collected behind the doors, the comforter appeared soiled, and there was a terribly streaky mirror. The evening dinner was excellent, but the breakfast was average at best. Good, but small, exercise room. Internet worked (and was free) but was very, very slow.

I was traveling solo, but originally I had intended to travel with family. I had booked - I thought - a room with a "separate living area" as the website suggests. I received a room without that, but I didn't bring it up since my family elected to remain home. If that's what you want (the 2-room version) make sure you confirm before you get there.

Since the view didn't matter, and the locals didn't bother me, it wasn't a bad stay and I'd still recommend the place. But there are some factors that bring this location down a few slots. 3.5 rating, the extra .5 coming from the great front desk staff ...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Very nice and competitive hotel totally renewed in a old building. Large suite, great lobby, smiling and well trained staff and excellent concierge. Thank you Peter.

A few blocks from the night activities and day attractions.

Excellent free breakfast.

We have tried other hotels in Nasville such a the close Sheraton Downtown, the Homewood is our place now !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
knoxville, tn
Reviewed August 16, 2010

It all started upon check-in when they ran our card after we asked them if any transaction would be ran on it. After discovering that they ran the card for more than the room was worth we went downstairs to ask them why they ran the card. Sara's (the rude lady working the front desk) response was "well we didn't take any money out" My friend proceeded to explain that she would have given her another card if there was going to be a transaction on her card. We called to get it switched to another card and she said she would do it but it wouldn't change anything! It also took me FOUR times to get extra towels in our room. I went downstairs the first time, called an hour later, called again 2 more hours later, and then called and hour after that. Finally Peter the concierge, delivered us our towels. Additionally after discovering that our tv didn't work, we asked to be switched to a room with a working tv. Mr. Kelly, the night audtior told us that if we didn't like it that we could call the cops. Overall customer service was no where to be found except from Peter, Craig, and Kyle. There were no apologies or even any attempt to make up for all of the mistakes. The general manager needs to invest in a customer service training for his staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends