“would not change a thing”

Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Columbus, United States
“would not change a thing”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel was extremely comfortable. The room was beyond expectations. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable! This hotel is in a good location. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was very tasty. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Brookhaven, Mississippi
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My problem wasn't exactly with the hotel itself, but with their reservation services. I called the hotel's local number as I didn't want to go through any kind of internet or 800 service. I informed the man (who I assumed was at the front desk of the hotel) I was talking to that my party, which included my 86 y/o mother, was attending an event at the Bridgestone Arena, and that we needed to be within very close walking distance. We did not want to have to drive in downtown if we didn't have to. This man assured me that the arena was just across the street and would be a very easy walk for my mother. I was also told that if we didn't want to valet park that there was plenty of public parking around the hotel. What we found when we got there was that the arena was a fifteen minute walk downhill, which meant it was a fifteen minute walk uphill to return to the hotel. It cost $24 dollars to valet park, and the nearest place for public parking was 2.5 blocks away and cost $10. We ended up having to valet park, then drive to the arena and pay an additional $10 to park for the event we attended. When I talked to the manager about how BADLY things were misrepresented to me when I made my reservation, he offered no apology. He said that even though I called their local number, all reservation requests were sent to a central Hilton reservation center, and that the person making my reservation was probably thinking about the Hilton that was actually across from the arena. When I pointed out that my reservation was based solely on what that man told me, which turned out to be completely untrue, he just said that they would review what he said and use it as a "teaching moment" for future reservations personnel. I was not happy with his response and was definitely unhappy that I was lied to while making my reservations. If I had known how far this hotel was from the event I was attending, and had known that I would have had to drive downtown anyway, I would never have made a reservation at this hotel and paid $360 for a night. We could have stayed at a much cheaper hotel if we were going to have to drive downtown anyway.

Room Tip: We were given a room that did not have an outside view. Our windows opened to the walkway above the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Braselton, Georgia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you stay at this hotel with a family of 3 or 4, either draw straws to see who gets stuck with the sleeper sofa, or snuggle closely in the King size bed. Other than the sleeper sofa, it is a great hotel. Very close (walking distance) to all of the downtown venues.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

New Jersey
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel was clean and offered plenty of space and comfort. We pulled up to a meter on side street unloaded or luggage and dropped off our car 2 short blocks away to park. Not sure what all the huff is about it is what it is and it's a walking city so just go with it people!! The staff were wonderful and so friendly. Great location and comfy bed!!

Room Tip: We wee on the 3 floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank smiley2269
Surf City, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is centrally located to the Music City Center and the downtown area. The complimentary breakfast is hot and satisfying. The Manager's reception is a very nice touch and the evening dinner's, though I did not partake, looked awesome.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Mark H
Memphis, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel has very clean rooms and a very comfortable lobby, I only wish the fitness room was more equipped. The Hot tub an pool was down for service during my entire stay. The stay was for business and this location was idea for the meeting that I was attending.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean but on the old side I would have to say it needs some work. The area where the jacuzzi was smelled really bad and we were there for about 5 days. The morning breakfast and the afternoon drinks and food was very good. The rooms were fine and the bed was very comfortable. We tried to get the government rate but they said there allotted amount was used up. I feel for the price we had to pay for the room it was not worth it and I don't give bad reviews and I'm not saying it was a bad place to stay either. The employees were all very friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business