“Best thing all week!”

iRide Nashville
Ranked #9 of 106 Tours in Nashville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: In the heart of Music City USA, iRide Nashville gives you the most unique and relaxing way to enjoy downtown Nashville. Within one and half or two and a half hours, you'll learn how to ride a Segway and get a guided Segway tour around the most popular sites in Nashville. We'll take you through downtown Nashville covering such landmarks as the Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Country Music Hall of Fame, Bridgestone Arena, Bicentenniel Mall, Farmer's Market, and the Tennessee State Capitol. We'll even cover some areas that most tours can't get to, because you're on your own Segway! Age Requirement: 14 years or older Additional Policies: Helmets are provided and required & training is required for everyone, regardless of previous experience* Various tours daily at multiple times per day.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Even though I am a budget friendly traveler, we decided to do this as our unique thing of our trip. We all loved the 2 staff members (April and Kevin), and loved the experience! The info that was shared with us was so unique and shared sights that we didn't know to come see even though we had been here for 3 days. My family of 4 said that this was the best part of our weeks vacation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)
All reviews
"training session"
in 16 reviews
"great fun"
in 43 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 27 reviews
in 34 reviews
"sights"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had long wanted to try out a Segway, so I signed up for the tour while visiting Nashville with a friend. When I arrived on site I met Kevin, my tour guide. I expected him to give me a short tutorial on operating one, followed by some hands on experience, but it ended up being something I'll remember for a lifetime. I got so much more for the price than I could have imagined.
After the tutorial and hands on familiarization, we hit the pavement. The Segways are deceptively simple to operate, so even the most tepid of operators were soon moving around with ease. Our road tour started by 'driving' our Segways to a large area where we could master our maneuvering technique unencumbered by pedestrian traffic. Then we proceeded to travel to different historical landmarks in Nashville, stopping at each one while Kevin gave us a short history lesson. This was done via a wireless mic worn by Kevin hooked to a receiver on each Segway.
When we encountered the inevitable pedestrian traffic, the Segways were simple to operate in close quarters, so it was safer than one might think.
One of my favorite parts was how the crowds of people ogled as you drove by.
I highly recommend this tour if you're ever in Nashville.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Yesterday, I went on a tour around Nashville on a Segway. What a blast! April and Kevin were excellent guides. They were funny and extremely knowledgeable about the history of Nashville. (They were NOT the corny type of funny, but rather clever and interesting.) April made sure everyone felt comfortable on their "new ride" around the city. I will definitely do this again. Thanks April...see you again soon!

1  Thank Joey434
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I would highly recommend this activity to anyone wanting to see Nashville. We were able to see sights more efficiently than if we walked, yet get up close to so many more sights than if we took a bus. My teenager loved it and I did too! The tour guide was helpful and made sure we were give proper instruction on our Segway and felt comfortable on them. He knew tons of history facts and fun stories about Nashville. The trip is a little over two hours and packed with lots of sights. Well worth the money!