“Good location, close to Broadway St.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 23, 2010

My husband and I had a spontaneous trip up to Nashville to see one of his friends play in a band at the Hard Rock Cafe downtown. After midnight, we decided we would rather stay the night instead of make the 2 hour drive back home, so we went down the street a few blocks and found the Hampton Inn. This hotel is very close to the Titans stadium, to 2nd Avenue, and Broadway Street. We didn't have a reservation and luckily they had a vacancy.
The hotel itself was very clean, as was our room, but I was disappointed to find out that it has a 3/4 bath (no tub, only shower). I was tired and would have liked to take a bath, but the shower is pretty big for a hotel shower. The countertops were solid surface. I did notice the hot water wasn't very hot the night we arrived but the next morning it was as hot as you wanted it to be.
The breakfast was good -- a pretty decent selection for a hotel offering free breakfast. Parking was free and in a gated parking deck so we felt it was pretty safe. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,789)

Reviewed February 22, 2010

We made reservation with this Hampton Inn on March 15th 2009 for the SEC tournament which is March 11-14th 2010. We get a message 18 days before we are to arrive informing us their computer system crashed and our reservation was lost. We call and have 3 different people one at the hotel, one at corporate, and us looking on-line showing our reservation. According to the manager and booking agent at the hotel itself we have no room even though it shows we do. They stated they re-booked us 10 minutes out of downtown at a hotel near the airport which the hotel itself is booked and has no record of us having a room. Corporate states their system cannot crash corporate has every reservation; they are the backup. The manager tells sorry we are out of luck, so now we are almost 2 weeks away and all the hotels in downtown are booked. Sad thing is we have a e-mail with confirmation # and dates when we are staying. The manager sees that as well but we still have no room. Sounds to me they are getting rid of the older reservations at $169.00 a night and charging a higher price for people that booked later. They state they have had to relocate 50 other guest, wonder if that is true? Thanks to this Hmapton I have no faith in this chain anymore. Will never step foot in one of their chains again. Have also filed a complaint with the local BBB.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Unfortunately accidents do happen, and we are sorry that your reservation was lost. Our hotel by no means would kick someone out of the hotel due to someone else having a higher rate. We apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that you will give us another shot.

Reviewed February 2, 2010

The hotel is new and the rooms are excellent. The staff are also very very helpful and make you feel welcomed. I really liked this place. It was close the main strip, free parking and a great breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed January 20, 2010

My husband & I were recently in Nashville, TN for a long weekend to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. My parents' wish was for us to stay at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Well - we did for the first three nights - but then my husband and I opted to move to a hotel closer to the downtown Nashville honkytown scene (Broadway) for our final night. Found a great rate of $115/night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Nashville. This rate included a hot breakfast in the AM, and free parking.

I travel a lot for business to really great hotels - and this Hampton rates up there with some of the nicer hotels I have stayed at across the country. The hotel has recently been renovated. It is tastefully decorated - very modern. Breakfast was plentiful - served from 6AM-10AM.

I have been telling people since I got back from this trip that I would take the Hampton Inn Downtown Nashville over the high price & distant location of the "prestigious" Gaylord Opryland any day. I think our room at the Hampton was as nice (if not nicer) than the one we paid double for at the Gaylord. And, at the Hampton, we were able to get a King bed (the Gaylord didn't have any of those left!).

If you are looking for a contemporary hotel, comfortable beds, good value for the price, and a great location (right across the street from the Country Music Hall of Fame), then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LevyMN
Reviewed January 16, 2010

If you stay at Hamptons - you know they are not 5 star hotels; however they consistently deliver friendly service, clean rooms and a decent "free" breakfast at a reasonable price. The downtown Nashville Hampton - delivered exactly this - and so it was exactly what I expected.
My husband I drove to Nashville to see a hockey game at the Sommet -- I was worried about safety being in a downtown city -- however, it was fine, the hotel was fine, and there was nothing to worry about.
The location was FABULOUS - right across the street from the Country Music Hall of Fame - a short walk (2-3 blocks) to the Sommet center - and very close to great restaurants -- shopping was a bit disappointing (I can buy made-in-pick-a-cheap-labor-country stuff anywhere -was looking more for local artists, etc.).
The room was clean - the desk service was friendly - the parking was FREE (we parked the car and did not drive it again until we left) - the room had wireless - and the Hampton breakfast was a great way to start the day.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed at this hotel Christmas Day for the Tennessee Titans game. The room was clean, plenty of hot water and comfortable. Check in/out services were good. We walked about a block and a half to get to the pedistrian bridge to crossover to the stadium. It seemed like a long walk but it was very cold!! After we returned to the hotel we enjoyed the hot tub and the hot chocolate! I think that was the highlight of our stay!! The breakfast the next morning was o.k. Fresh fruit, oatmeal, pastries, assorted juices and the scrambled eggs were a little dry. My only recommendation would be for this hotel to invest in sound proof windows. Other than that it is a nice place to stay. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Great hotel, rooms were clean and comfortable. Close to the honky tonks, Titan's stadium and the Wild Horse Saloon

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business