“Amazing at every turn!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
Ranked #41 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I was really amazed at how wonderfully we were treated. We arrived late (about 12:30 a.m.) and were greeted at the front desk as if it were 10:00 in the morning. Trolleys were readily available for moving all of our luggage. We asked for and got 2 rooms by each other (right across the hallway), which I was shocked at because this was the day before the highly anticipated One Direction concert. This, by the way, was the reason for our trip. The rooms were quite comfortable, especially the bed. The linens were clean and new (at least new looking!) and I loved having plenty of pillows. The temperature was good. The noise from other guests opening and closing their doors was the only problem I had with sound. But that was only in the morning. The breakfast in the morning was amazing! I didn't really think the southwest omelets looked all that appetizing, but I was pleasantly surprised. And there was fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, sausage, biscuits, a few different juices, milk, coffee, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. I didn't mind paying $19.99 for parking, because we were off the street (very busy) and out of the blazing hot sun. And I liked the security that came with it. My only suggestions would be: Make charging stations available in the hotel lobby and at the seating areas around there (breakfast, lounge area). Maybe charge a little less for the sundries. Whew! $5+ for a pint of ice cream!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank 207melissap
Lisa G, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Hello 207melissap,
What an amazing review, thank you so much for your kind comments. We are very glad to know as a team we delivered and exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your suggestions and will give each of them consideration. We are looking forward to your next visit when you come to Nashville.
Downtown Nashville

Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

The location of this hotel couldn't be better. It's away from the noisy section of the city but close enough to walk to all the great venues. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. We had a great time in Nashville and it started with a great hotel stay.

Hello Dinah W,
We appreciate your time in commenting on your recent visit with us. We are very happy to know you had a wonderful time and that our team and property were contributing factors. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We stayed here one evening on a recent road trip. Location was excellent (across the street from the HoF and a couple of blocks from Broadway) and the rate was fair considering the location. It was everything you'd expect at a Hampton Inn, including the free breakfast. As an FYI, we had room 211, which was an accessible room and seemed to be right over the AC units. Not a huge deal, but not totally quiet either.

Hi nlghills,
Thank you for your time and your great review. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and the location of our property. We are anticipating your next visit.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed here because of a 3 day convention & it is within a block of the music city convention center. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by friendly staff. I asked if they had a king room available rather than a double. At the time of scheduling reservations they only had the double room. Tori check & found a room available & move me to the room. Upon entering the room, it was obvious that the air was not working, as it was 82 degrees in the room. Maintenance came to check it. David (Dave) came & ran some checks & decided the unit needed to be changed out. After he changed it out, it still did not work proberly so he offered to move me to a new room. I agreed & he went & got the keys to my new room at the same rate. He assisted me in moving to my new room room. It was lovely, a suite with kitchenette, livingroom, king bed, jacuzi/shower & a wrap around balcony outdoors. I was so thrilled & appreciative of Dave's making sure my stay there was a good one. He said he didn't accept tips, it was part of his job to make sure guest had a good stay. WOW, I hope that they will compensate him for his kindness & a job well done. I could have stayed at the Omni for the same rate, but chose the Hampton because in my travels, I always have a positive experience with Hilton properties. This experience was one of the best. Great breakfast, gym, & location is perfect for all of the downtown fun & restaurants. Thanks Dave, you are awesome!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank xtravert91

Hi xtravert91,
We are very appreciative of your lovely comments regarding your recent visit with us. We are extremely proud of our staff including our wonderful engineer David. We are glad to know our "Hamptonality" was just what you needed during your stay. We are looking forward to the next time you visit Nashville.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Nice hotel. Only a few minutes’ walk to all the bars on Broadway. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool area was clean, warm and relaxing. Nashville was very busy as Taylor Swift was in town and the hotel was full, the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. We would stay here again when in Nashville

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peepies

Hi Peepies,
We appreciate your taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very happy we were able to fulfill all your needs in an exceptional manner. We are also excited to know you will be returning to visit with us again.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

There's nothing fancy about the hotel except the location. Great location, a walk to everything, just up the street from the country museum hall of fame. Loved the fact that you can walk anywhere. Rooms were average, breakfast was average. Hotel was undergoing renovation in the lobby, but it wasn't really an issue as far as noise.

Room Tip: Great Location walking distance to everything Nashville has to offer. Museums, Broadway street,...it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leah V

Hello Leah V,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit with us. We are happy to know you enjoyed the location of our property. Our brief remodel is complete, we are excited to have you return to share our beautiful results. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Hampton Inn August 17-20, 2014. I must say they have great employees who are always ready to answer questions and point you in the right direction. Zach the valet always said hello and called me by name when I saw him in the Lobby. We were in town for the One Direction concert and wanted to be able to walk to LP Field to avoid the traffic headache on the night of the show. It is an easy walk to the field from the hotel. They have a great breakfast with lots of variety so everyone can find something they like. The room was large and the bed was cozy. I could not have asked for a better stay!

1  Thank Stephanie F

Hello Stephanie F,
So happy you took the time to comment on your recent visit with us while in Nashville. Zach was delighted to know his "Hamptonality" was noticed. We are all very proud of our team here and are glad we represented ourselves in such a way you felt our desire to exceed our guests expectations. We are anticipating your return when you visit Nashville once more.