Stayed here just one night for a meeting at the Omni, which is right next door. The Hampton was about ½ the price of the Omni and certainly a very decent hotel although still not inexpensive by my standards. My room was clean, spacious, well maintained, and well furnished with a king bed, a sofa, a desk, a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel is conveniently located and within easy walking distance of downtown (Broadway Street). The included breakfast was quite adequate with several hot items and you know you have made it to the “South” as breakfast included the always necessary grits. There was also a good assortment of cold items. While the hotel doesn’t have a lot of glamor and glitz it was certainly a very pleasant place to stay. I will be coming back to Nashville later this year for a longer visit and there is a good chance I will stay at the Hampton again.
One complaint. I arrived at about 11:30a.m. and was not surprised that I was not able to check in that early. The desk clerk “checked” to see if I could get in but told me that she could not check me in and to try back in about an hour. So I trekked down to Broadway, had some good barbeque for lunch along with live music all for less $15 including a tip for the musicians (Nashville can be fun on not much money). Upon my return to the Hampton, the same story. Not yet, check back in about an hour. However, this time I noticed that a couple of other guests ahead of me had been able to check in, I inquired why some people were able to check in and others were not. Turns out that, when you have a reservation, they evidently pre-assign a room to you and they do not check you in until it is ready. I guess the idea is to make sure you get the exact type of room you requested in the reservation. When I said I would be okay with pretty much any room they had available, he cheerfully looked for another room and had no trouble finding one I could check into immediately. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why I had to ask in the first place. I have checked into lots of hotels early and this is the first time I ever had to ask the desk clerk to see what rooms might be available. It has always been something like: “ I can get you in but you will have to take a room without -----------, etc.” Since I dealt with two different front desk clerks it would appear that it is a hotel policy to not offer early check in if the pre-assigned room in not available and it was not just a matter of a single clerk not knowing what to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown is located across the street from the Country Music Hall of Fame and just blocks from the Music City Center, live music on Broadway, and events at Bridgestone Arena. Our hotel offers complimentary breakfast, complimentary internet, and a convenient location close to everything Nashville has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown Hotel Nashville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Nashville - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Nashville
- Nashville Hampton Inn