“Attending concert at Bridgestone”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Louisville, United States
“Attending concert at Bridgestone”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is my second time staying here. Rooms are very nice. Convenient to arenas and bars. Had issues this time with room rate and housekeeping wanting to clean rooms before check out time. My reserved rooms were $50 more than quoted to unreserved. I was given a credit, but wouldn't have known to even ask if I hadn't overheard the different rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dianne_Lee, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for your comments and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a variety of room types at our hotel and suites are higher rated than standard rooms so without knowing the room type you were assigned and the room type of the guest with no reservation I would be only guessing as to why there was a difference in rate. I'm glad that our staff responded and you were satisfied in the end. We do hope you'll return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Arkansas
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The two complaints I have are that I couldn't use my AARP discount because the clerk said I had to take care of that issue when I made the reservation, not when I checked in (I didn't see what difference that made and am a new member, didn't know this). The other complaint was that someone came through our door early in the morning using a key (housekeeping I only hoped!)!! When I yelled out something, the person left and shut the door. Other than those two things, it was a perfect stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your comments...we want to know when there are problems so we can improve our service. We will certainly share your experience with our staff.
Flo Mo
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent downtown location. Walked to museum, symphony and dinner. Room was large and very clean. Good breakfast. We experienced a bit of delay during check-in at our 3 pm arrival. Parking was easy, but a bit pricey.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate your taking time to review our hotel and certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you can return in the future!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I find it hard to believe that Hilton Worldwide's Vision, Mission and Value include any of the following - Ownership, Now and Leadership. Upon arrival we found used toiletries and previous guests dirty clothes in our room, which meant the bed and chair were not moved to clean under prior to us arriving and is very disturbing! We also were given a key to an occupied room at first - that was very embarassing for everyone involved. Upon checkout the young lady at the front desk counted my money 7 times (yes 7!). I could not help but look at her in shock! She then had the gall to ask why I was using cash and if it was because my credit card was over my limit!! Seriously, who does she think she is?!?! The manager stood there watching this whole conversation and did not say a word! Seems like he had some really good training - not! Our check out process took 35 minutes and we were the only one at the desk. As we walked out the young man with the young lady said "They are rude and just mad because they are hungover." How dare someone assume anything about me, I am pregnant and cannot even drink! Again, the manager said nothing! The only good thing about this hotel was Zach! He is awesome, kind, friendly and deserves better than to work at an establishment like this place! I would love to hire him!

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel
4 Thank kls3333
My apologies for the rudness you experienced. We like to hear from all of our guests even when things could have been better. We will use your comments in our staff meeting to emphasize unacceptable behavior and learn how we could have handled things more professionally. Thank you.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right in the middle of the bustling Broadway area of Nashville. Everything is within walking distance and the hotel is well maintained. The breakfast was a very good way to start the day.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmazingHohns
Thanks for your positive comments; we do appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and hope you'll return to Nashville!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed this weekend to attend a concert at Bridgestone. Location was perfect! Had a corner suite on top floor. Massive balcony!! Staff was VERY friendly and courteous! Everything is within walking distance. Good breakfast in the morning -lots of choices. We will defiantly stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob B
So sorry you had problems checking in with us. Sometimes check-in is delayed for good reasons but rudeness has no place in our hotel. We appreciate your review and will share your experience with our staff in effort for improvement. Thank you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I arrived at this hotel to participate in a conference being hosted there. I arrived at 8am, and I wasn't expecting to be able to check in that early, so I dropped my bags off and took a cab to a local mall. When I returned around noon, I spoke with a woman at the front desk about the possibility of checking in early. She was very condescending and told me that I most likely would not be able to get a room until 3:00PM. I waited for another hour in their lobby, but I noticed that other guests were arriving and checking in. When I went to inquire as to why they were able to, she told me that my room wasn't ready and I'd have to wait until the room that I specifically reserved was ready. At this point, I became very frustrated, and spoke to someone else working at the front desk. This gentleman was very kind and spent a few minutes trying to get me into another room.

The stay was fine, but the inconsiderate manner in which I was treated by their front desk attendants really put a damper on my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business