“Excellent experience!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
Ranked #40 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed this weekend to attend a concert at Bridgestone. Location was perfect! Had a corner suite on top floor. Massive balcony!! Staff was VERY friendly and courteous! Everything is within walking distance. Good breakfast in the morning -lots of choices. We will defiantly stay here again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob B
Dianne_Lee, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

So sorry you had problems checking in with us. Sometimes check-in is delayed for good reasons but rudeness has no place in our hotel. We appreciate your review and will share your experience with our staff in effort for improvement. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I arrived at this hotel to participate in a conference being hosted there. I arrived at 8am, and I wasn't expecting to be able to check in that early, so I dropped my bags off and took a cab to a local mall. When I returned around noon, I spoke with a woman at the front desk about the possibility of checking in early. She was very condescending and told me that I most likely would not be able to get a room until 3:00PM. I waited for another hour in their lobby, but I noticed that other guests were arriving and checking in. When I went to inquire as to why they were able to, she told me that my room wasn't ready and I'd have to wait until the room that I specifically reserved was ready. At this point, I became very frustrated, and spoke to someone else working at the front desk. This gentleman was very kind and spent a few minutes trying to get me into another room.

The stay was fine, but the inconsiderate manner in which I was treated by their front desk attendants really put a damper on my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of the downtown, It's a walk distance from the streets full of places to eat and see. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were very good. The room and the bathroom were clean. My only thing that I did not like was the loud and powerful AC. I believe they are very standard in the hotels of this level, I did have to move some big chair to cover the air stream. Rather than that it's a nice clean place that I would stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor facing the street. A little bit more noise that I liked.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nataliya K

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and hope you'll visit again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everything was pretty satisfactory about this hotel: near central music area, good breakfast, comfortable room and pleasant helpful staff. A good place to explore Nashville from. Some noisy construction was taking place over the road but this did not mar our stay too much.

We enjoyed the hop on bus tour.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

You're right...we'll be thrilled when the construction is completed...just a couple of months away! Thanks for taking time to review our hotel and certainly look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I struggled for hours trying to pick the 'perfect' place for our one night stay in downtown Nashville. I was using Hilton points, and had a choice of this property, the Hilton Downtown (pricey), Homewood Suites (cheap on points, expensive paying cash), and the Embassy Suites (about a mile from downtown). I finally settled on the Hampton as it was closest to 3rd and Lindsley where were attending a great show on Monday night.

Immediately next door is the under-construction Hall of Fame/Omni complex (called Music Center I think). Within a couple of block is Broadway and all it's charms. The walk is pleasant and safe. Going the other direction (south I think) it's a little dicey. There is evidently a homeless center that direction that can cause problems from time to time.

The hotel lobby is standard Hampton fare, with a nice breakfast area and pleasant staff. There is no bell service, but the parking valet's ($24 a day) were quick to help us to the room with our bags. They were surprisingly short on good area information however. Our room was an upgrade on a slow night to a suite overlooking 4th Ave, and the hulking new building next door. The balcony was huge, and would have been even better if they had added a couple of chairs out there.

Some rooms have jacuzzi baths, but ours didn't. Evidently you can't get the balcony AND the fancy tub. Our room had a lovely sitting area with a fold out couch, separate king bedroom, and large bathroom. There was a small bar area with a dorm fridge. Wifi was free and worked well.

We slept well after a wonderful show, but were zapped awake at 7AM by noise next door. It seems that Mondays (well, Tuesday, but right after labor day) are the day to change out the dumpsters from the construction next door. This involved a large front end loader with forks on it attempting to lift dumpsters with the tip of a fork, and moving into position for the main dumpster truck. The trick worked about 6 feet at a time before the dumpster would fall loose (it HAD to be cracking the concrete underneath). Over and Over again.. about 15 minutes per dumpster from 7am til 10. Did I mention the waiting dumpster truck had an alarm that sound exactly like my alarm clock that he left running while waiting for the loader to finish? The hotel did an excellent job of warning us about the construction, but damn. They must be getting no cooperation at all from the workers next door.

That said, the work on that side is almost complete. The staff said that another building will be going up on the other side soon. I would ask the staff for a recommendation on a quiet room and go with it. They must be real pros on dealing with disgruntled guests at this point.

Breakfast was standard and fine. I always feel that 10 is a little early to end the service, but more and more it seems the standard.

All and all a decent stay, and a great location (when the work is finished).

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the construction.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank zjxtinpusher
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel was an excellent choice. As a family of 5, it was perfect for us. We booked a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. It was a large room with plenty of space for us all. Breakfast was included and was a good selection of hot and cold. Location was easy walking distance to all honky tonks downtown and close to a bus stop for the free bus that circles the main areas further out. Hotel was having some nearby renovations but it didn't bother us at all. Staff were friendly and helpful and servicing of the rooms was good. Wi-Fi was free within the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank trene37
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel room was clean - smelled clean, looked clean, and the Hampton beds are always amazing. The bathroom was big and we had plenty of extra towels. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. The hotel was in walking distance of everything. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton