“Nice Hampton Inn”

Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

After reading some of the most recent reviews, I was concerned that this hotel might seem a big shabby. I didn't feel that way at all. Its a very large lobby with breakfast room plus other sitting areas - one w/ a little electric fireplace. Our room was very nice and clean. (607) I asked to have a room facing downtown. I stay in Hamptons a lot and found it to be on the nicer end of the ones I"ve stayed in. As far as breakfast goes, I usually don't usually eat there - its a standard Hampton breakfast - useful if you just need to get something in your stomach but not gourmet. I just expect that and feel overall value for what I get is very good. Oh yes, the staff was great. I did get a great Hotwire rate that w/ tax came to 120.00 - not sure how I"d feel if I paid 200.

Room Tip: Room 607 faced downtown and was in good shape.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank greatpondgirl
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay. We are glad that you had a good time at our hotel! We hope that you will stay with us the next time you come to Nashville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

The best room I have had at a Hampton Inn (and I have stayed in many). Combined with location relative to Broadway, a great property. However, the construction surrounding the hotel makes for a loud, early morning. Once that is over, this is a true 5* property.

Pros: 3-4 blocks from Broadway. Great, new, spacious rooms - I had a separate sitting area with couch, kitchenette, spacious bathroom, very large balcony and clean / modern design / looks. Standard Hampton Inn breakfast. Quick and efficient valet service. If you are looking to have fun in Downtown Nashville, this is a great value for your dollar (except for the Con below)

Cons: Construction noise -- a lot is being built around the hotel. If you plan on sleeping in it will be tough -- it can get pretty noisy. As I mention above, once that is done, this hotel is a definite must stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank zmoba96
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for the great comments on your stay! To say that we are the best Hampton Inn room you have ever stayed in means a lot to us! We too are ready for the construction to be over with! We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Stone Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Had the best time ever, some construction going on next door, but the staff every other aspect of the trip made our weekend the best ever. Will alwasy stay there when even close to Nashville. Thanks for making a such a great weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful comments on your stay! We are so glad that you had a great weekend with us! We look forward to you staying with us soon!
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The location is close to everything that you need. Clubs on Lower Broadway and 2nd ave, Hall of Fame, Bridgestone Arena, LG field and good resturants. You can drive to Vanderbilt/Music Row Area in 5 minutes. Hotel is clean and staff is wonderful. Breakfast added special items such as tomatoes(great southern food). The GM is real friendly as was the whole staff including Valet parking. Great experience and I would never stay anywhere else when in Nashville. Best Hampton Inn ever. Rob Almond

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ralmond
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for the great comments on your stay! Our GM Don will definitely get a kick out of your review! We are so glad that we are your favorite Hampton Inn! Have a very happy new year!
w. kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Booked this room thru Hotwire and couldn't be happier! Very nice hotel and everybody there is friendly and helpful in every way. The gentleman who checked us in after 4 or so was absolutely the best, I just wished I could remember his name. Every business should have employees like him. The room is very clean and neat as well as having a comfy bed. I have not had the breakfast yet but if it's anything like the rest of the hotel I'm sure it will be great as well. There is construction going on all around the hotel but we were here on a weekend and there was no noise to speak of. A great place to stay and only a few block walk to all the places you wanna see on broadway.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1mule
Thank you for the great review on your stay! We are so happy that one of our front desk agents did a great job at making you feel welcome! We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I looked at this hotel and wanted to stay here but was trying to mind my budget as our mini-vacation as I am calling it was last minute. I decided to take my chances on Hotwire so you can imagine my surprise and delight when I ended up in the very hotel I wanted to start with.

The hotel is conveniently located across from the Country Music Hall of Fame, just three blocks from the Ryman, and just down the hill from Broadway and Second Avenue where all of the restaurants and shops are located.

The staff could not have been any nicer, from the attendant at the door, to the front desk personnel, and even the breakfast bar worker. They greeted us with a smile even on Christmas Day when we arrived and never failed to greet us as we came and went from the hotel. They were able to recommend restaurants and even had coupons for a great pizza place that delivers even late at night.

The room was comfortably appointed and the decor not loud or garish. It was a relaxing room with comfortable beds, a nice desk area, and generous sized bathroom for a hotel. There is no additional seating or table, however. The only issue I had was getting warm enough though I am not sure the room's heat was at fault. We had been walking Broadway and it was FREEZING. The complimentary hot chocolate in the lobby finally helped me get warm; my daughter enjoyed the lemonade, and my husband the coffee.

The breakfast bar for this hotel is above average as far as I am concerned. Yes, there were pastries and muffins, and the expected waffles. There were also cereal, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, sausage, one morning cheese omelettes, the next bagels topped with eggs, cheese, and bacon, and biscuits with gravy. The OJ wasn't weak or watered down and they also had milk, apple juice, coffee, hot chocolate, and teas to choose from.

This property has an indoor pool. The room is heated, the pool is not. This made for a chilly swim but we heated up in the hot tub when we were finished.

We greatly enjoyed our stay and recommend this property if you are looking for a great location and well run property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bookwormwendy
Thank you for the wonderful compliments on your stay! We are glad that you were able to get the hotel you wanted through Hotwire! We are so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and pool! Hopefully you will stay with us the next time you come to Nashville! Happy New Year!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here after Aerosmith after staying here before for another concert. It is great to be able to park your car and walk everywhere to eat, drink, and enjoy the show. Very nice room. I had forgotten to ask for a room away from the construction, but really it is on both sides, so I brought a noisemaker which helped mask it some, but ask for a room facing the Batman building if you can. The downside is you will be further away from the pool and hot tub which is accessible down the stairs on the other side, but if you take the elevator you'll have to go through the lobby. Breakfast was cheese omelets, biscuits and gravy, and smoked sasuage. Plenty of juice and everything else. Check out is at 12:00, (I hate when places make it 11:00). Room very nice with fridge and microwave, nice big shower. King bed very nice with fluffy bedding and pillows. I like the way the rooms are laid out with a little living area. The hot tub very nice also, though the towels are kind of dinky. Saw lots of business people using the gym, which seemed well equipped. The best thing is really the location, but the staff are all nice and helpful. I'm sure we will be back soon.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the construction.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mexilady
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Happy Holidays! Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you had a wonderful time at our property! Hopefully you had fun at the concert! We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Nashville!