“Great friendly place to stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
Ranked #41 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Booked this room thru Hotwire and couldn't be happier! Very nice hotel and everybody there is friendly and helpful in every way. The gentleman who checked us in after 4 or so was absolutely the best, I just wished I could remember his name. Every business should have employees like him. The room is very clean and neat as well as having a comfy bed. I have not had the breakfast yet but if it's anything like the rest of the hotel I'm sure it will be great as well. There is construction going on all around the hotel but we were here on a weekend and there was no noise to speak of. A great place to stay and only a few block walk to all the places you wanna see on broadway.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 1mule
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for the great review on your stay! We are so happy that one of our front desk agents did a great job at making you feel welcome! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I looked at this hotel and wanted to stay here but was trying to mind my budget as our mini-vacation as I am calling it was last minute. I decided to take my chances on Hotwire so you can imagine my surprise and delight when I ended up in the very hotel I wanted to start with.

The hotel is conveniently located across from the Country Music Hall of Fame, just three blocks from the Ryman, and just down the hill from Broadway and Second Avenue where all of the restaurants and shops are located.

The staff could not have been any nicer, from the attendant at the door, to the front desk personnel, and even the breakfast bar worker. They greeted us with a smile even on Christmas Day when we arrived and never failed to greet us as we came and went from the hotel. They were able to recommend restaurants and even had coupons for a great pizza place that delivers even late at night.

The room was comfortably appointed and the decor not loud or garish. It was a relaxing room with comfortable beds, a nice desk area, and generous sized bathroom for a hotel. There is no additional seating or table, however. The only issue I had was getting warm enough though I am not sure the room's heat was at fault. We had been walking Broadway and it was FREEZING. The complimentary hot chocolate in the lobby finally helped me get warm; my daughter enjoyed the lemonade, and my husband the coffee.

The breakfast bar for this hotel is above average as far as I am concerned. Yes, there were pastries and muffins, and the expected waffles. There were also cereal, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, sausage, one morning cheese omelettes, the next bagels topped with eggs, cheese, and bacon, and biscuits with gravy. The OJ wasn't weak or watered down and they also had milk, apple juice, coffee, hot chocolate, and teas to choose from.

This property has an indoor pool. The room is heated, the pool is not. This made for a chilly swim but we heated up in the hot tub when we were finished.

We greatly enjoyed our stay and recommend this property if you are looking for a great location and well run property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bookwormwendy

Thank you for the wonderful compliments on your stay! We are glad that you were able to get the hotel you wanted through Hotwire! We are so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and pool! Hopefully you will stay with us the next time you come to Nashville! Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here after Aerosmith after staying here before for another concert. It is great to be able to park your car and walk everywhere to eat, drink, and enjoy the show. Very nice room. I had forgotten to ask for a room away from the construction, but really it is on both sides, so I brought a noisemaker which helped mask it some, but ask for a room facing the Batman building if you can. The downside is you will be further away from the pool and hot tub which is accessible down the stairs on the other side, but if you take the elevator you'll have to go through the lobby. Breakfast was cheese omelets, biscuits and gravy, and smoked sasuage. Plenty of juice and everything else. Check out is at 12:00, (I hate when places make it 11:00). Room very nice with fridge and microwave, nice big shower. King bed very nice with fluffy bedding and pillows. I like the way the rooms are laid out with a little living area. The hot tub very nice also, though the towels are kind of dinky. Saw lots of business people using the gym, which seemed well equipped. The best thing is really the location, but the staff are all nice and helpful. I'm sure we will be back soon.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the construction.
2  Thank Mexilady
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays! Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you had a wonderful time at our property! Hopefully you had fun at the concert! We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Nashville!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Hotel was good, very clean, extremely helpful staff- they were great. Room was large, not too fance but really nice bathroom. Only complaints were that the water takes a long time to heat up in the shower, and the early morning ( 7 AM) construction noise from all the building going on around the hotel.
The location is excellent, walked everywhere and never took the car out of the garage the whole time we were there!

1  Thank CindySC1
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for the amazing comments on our staff and location! We are glad that you were able to experience all that Nashville had to offer without having to drive everywhere! We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you come to town!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The location of the Hampton was perfect for us! Room was clean & comfy; mattress was great. Bathrooms in great shape & clean. The breakfast served is superb and got us off to a great start each day! Will definitely stay there again when we go to Nashville. Only 2 blocks from Broadway, close to the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Ryman and many other great places to see.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 12Indiana
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We can not wait for you to come back!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The location of this hotel couldn't have been better just a few blocks from Broadway! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, great restaurant recommendations, and they let me print in their office when the computer in the business center was down. We were warned about the construction, and booked at our own risk, it did wake us up on Friday morning, however Saturday and Sunday weren't an issue. I think the cleaning staff could vacuum and clean the bathrooms a little better, I dropped something by the desk and when I picked it up I realized the floor wasn't clean at all. Overall good experience and I would stay here again.

2  Thank Laurenm6
DavidM808, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for the great comments on your stay! I have alerted our Housekeeping Staff on your issue at the Front Desk! We appreciate all feed back and we hope the next time you come to Nashville, that you will stay with us!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed for a weekend with friends ! This hotel was great ! Nice and clean the breakfast was great! Very friendly staff! We arrived on Friday morning and check in was not until 3:30 pm but when we got there at 9:30am our room was ready ! It was great that we could freshen up and put our things away and hit the town! The workout fatality was great and the pool and hot tub were great as well. We definitely will be staying there again! It's also right there were everything is in walking distance!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eahagler

Thank you for the wonderful comments on your stay! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities such as the fitness center, and pool! We do hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Nashville!