Location of the hotel is excellent and we enjoyed the various amenities offered by this hotel. I agree with the other reviewers regarding the noise from the construction, but we were forewarned about the construction prior to making our reservation. I would love to recommend this hotel but, unfortunately, we had problems with our bathroom facilities and I would not stay here again. On our first day, the toilet would not work properly and we had to call the front desk. Someone was sent up right away and it was "fixed." We had the same problem with the toilet the very next morning. The maintenance person again came to fix the toilet and we were advised that he could not fix it, so we would need to go to the front desk to get a new room. When we went to the front desk, they had no idea what we were talking about and told us they had no other rooms available. Finally, another front desk person arrived, as did the maintenance person. We were told that we could move to another room, but we could not do so at that time because the room was not "ready." We were told to pack our belongings and the staff would move us to the other room later that day. I advised the front desk that we were leaving shortly because we had plans that could not be changed and it was at this point that the maintenance person advised us that he could fix the toilet, but he did not want to do so while we were in the room because it would take a while to fix the problem. I asked whether we could wait until later that day to see if we had to change rooms because we really didn't have time to pack our belongings and I also wanted to make sure that the toilet was actually fixed. I was told "you don't understand" and that they could not hold the other room for us. We opted to stay in our room since we really did not have time to pack our belongings (and we did not want to change our plans) and we were assured that the problem would be fixed. We returned late that night, only to discover the next morning that the shower would not drain! The maintenance person again came to our room, this time to fix the shower drain. It took him so long to "fix" the drain that two members of our party did not have time to take a shower before we had to leave for the day's events. We came home late that night only to discover the next morning that both the shower and the toilet did not work! I went to the front desk and asked if we could use another room to get a shower, but I was told that they would send someone to our room to fix the problems. I advised the front desk that we did not have time to wait for the problems to be fixed since we had an airplane to catch and I highly doubted that it would be an "easy fix." It was only after I went through the whole story about our various problems throughout the weekend that I was finally given a key to another room so we would have bathroom facilities and could get a shower. The woman at the front desk was apologetic after I told her the whole story, but at that point it was just very frustrating. Frankly, for the money that we paid for the room I do not think it is unreasonable to expect bathroom facilities that work. Obviously, we were sorry that we did not move to another room, but we had been assured that the problem would be fixed and I did not think it was appropriate to to change our plans/reservations because we had to pack our belongings and move to another room. We loved Nashville and had a wonderful time, but we did not need the problems that we had at this hotel and our problems here definitely put a damper on our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown is located across the street from the Country Music Hall of Fame and just blocks from the Music City Center, live music on Broadway, and events at Bridgestone Arena. Our hotel offers complimentary breakfast, complimentary internet, and a convenient location close to everything Nashville has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Nashville - Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown Hotel Nashville
- Hampton Inn Nashville
- Nashville Hampton Inn