“Great hotel great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
Ranked #30 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Kentucky
“Great hotel great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel is clean and modern. I found the employees friendly and helpful. Our room and bathroom was large, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast is among the best I've ever had at a hotel like this. It's located within easy walking distance to the Nashville "strip."

Two minor complaints. The parking garage doesn't have enough spaces for guests. We told the staff and they allowed us to park in a "prohibited" area. Also the room darkening curtain was too small, it allowed a lot of light to stream into the room in the morning on either side of the curtain. Other than that, this place was great!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Hampton Inn made for a relaxing weeekend getaway for my recent trip to Nashville. I enjoyed the both the pool/spa and the free wifi. The property was in good shape and the front desk clerks courteous. The complimentary continental breakfast was enjoyable. Many downtown attractions were within walking distance. Just wish the weekend had lasted longer!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with my bf while on a southern road trip. This hotel was beyond perfect for us as we're very low key travelers. It's really nice inside, the rooms were spacious and clean, there is an indoor pool and hot tub, and the breakfast they serve every morning is fantastic. The location is great! It's one block away from the Country Music Hall of Fame (highly recommended!) and about another block away from the downtown Broadway area. The parking is $17/night which I think is a bit steep but it was convenient that we could come and go as we pleased without having to worry about finding a spot. And as others have mentioned, there is construction going on across the street but it really didn't bother me at all and I am not a deep sleeper. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here on a family holiday - 2 adults and 2 teenage girls. The hotel is located in Downtown Nashville, literally across the road from the Country Music Hall of Fame, and within a quick stroll to all the shops and eateries in the Downtown area.

The rooms were clean, free wifi worked fine, and the free breakfast was very impressive. The staff were super friendly and courteous, probably the nicest and most helpful we encountered during our US holiday - they provided excellent local advice on where to go and what to see etc.

The hotel is a flat $25 taxi fee from Nashville Airport, and the same flat $25 fee to the Grand Ole Oprey.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Davoanth
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I am a travel agent who has used Hampton Inn Properties since the 90's. I must say this property is not up to par! I called a month in advance prior to booking this reservation for myself to specifally check on the property's location and view to 4th's fireworks. Knowing hotels could guaranty on rooms I had booked the room over the internet and sent in a request asking for a view w/a higher level room. After making the reservation and knowing the process for request, I wanted to ensure mine was granted given I had prepaid for the room and I could not cancel or change the reservation. I was assured it would be no problem. When we arrived...the parking was not easily visible, the room did not have a view of the fireworks, but a view of the construction next door, the AC did not work properly, as did the tv not work properly. When we first checked in and asked for a different room we were told they were sold out, however when the problems with the room persisted, they offerered us a different room. When I complained at check out the only discount offered to my bill was a credit for the parking. Natalie the manager continued to make excuses and insisted that I should know this could happen being I am a travel agent. I think they need to better train their staff and I in good conscience could not refer this property to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank knichols01
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We are sorry about your stay last year. Unfortunately as our hotel only has 154 rooms we can not guarentee all requests. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you will give us another try.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

Nice hotel, if only it wasn't across the street from the building of the convention center. Woke up at 6 AM both mornings to the sound of pile driving and jack hammers. Would have slept in the tub but there was just a shower pan. UGH....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise. We are going through some growing pains in our lovely city so construction can be a bit noisy but please feel free to stop by our front desk for some ear plugs. Thank you for your comments, they have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again
Erie Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Came to visit Nashville to check out the Country Music Hall of Fame and eat at the Wild Horse Saloon. This hotel is the perfect location to do that and to check out all of the fun shops in downtown. The hotel has a parking ramp that you can self park for $17.00 or have valet parking. We have a full size 4 door truck and had no problems with the parking. We had trouble deciding to stay downtown or at the Gaylords oprey land hotel because we knew that we wanted to visit also. We are happy that we chose the downtown hampton because there is just so much more to do though if we ever came for a show at Oprey land I would probably stay there. But to see a football or hockey game definately stay at the downtown Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family