All reviewsrooms are hugemusic rowparking garage isvanderbilt universityuber ridetwo queen bedslive musicbars and restaurantsclose to downtownaloftsvaletlobbyhattiekeurigbroadwaywalkablepets
Reviewed October 11, 2017

As a hotelier myself, I can be a bit over critical when staying at other hotels, but this is because I believe that when a hotel is charging a pretty decent rate for the room, the standards should be of a good standard, especially when it's part of a large branded chain. Having stayed in Aloft hotels in Asia my expectations were set at pretty high level, so maybe that is why I found this hotel disappointing. This is obviously quite an old building that has been converted to a hotel, the standard of fixtures and fittings were quite poor, loose electrical sockets, dated bathrooms and extremely poor lighting in the bedrooms; which are indeed quite large, but with a feeling that they haven't finished furnishing them yet as there is a vast expanse of empty space once you get past the bed, no lighting, no tables or chairs just a large dark empty space...most bizarre. As for cleanliness, there was a layer of dust on the window ledge which I wrote the date on and 5 days later, the dust and date were still there. We had to remove hair from the shower plug and because the room is so dark, it just felt a bit dirty. One day we didn't even get our room serviced, the excuse given was that we had put the do not disturb sign on the door the night before and apparently security make a note of all the rooms with the do not disturb sign on when they do their rounds at midnight and then advise housekeeping not to service the room in the morning! This was obviously just a ridiculous excuse as we had put the sign out each night we were there and this didn't happen any other day. You have no doubt gathered by now that we were disappointed with our stay. We had just been staying in Washington DC at a much better standard of hotel (Kimpton) and paying about 1/3rd less for our room. Had we not prepaid for the room at Aloft West End, I think we would have checked out early and found somewhere else to stay. I will say that the bed was comfortable, the pool table in the lobby is a nice touch and the location is pretty good. Luckily we weren't in Nashville to stay in our room, so it didn't spoil our visit.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JB39
christiwalden, Front Office Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back we love to hear from our valued guest. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us! We always strive to provided a memorable experience for our valued guest here at Aloft Nashville. Please accept our sincere apology for the troubles you faced during your recent stay. I have passed the information you have provided to our management team and we will address these things right away. Thank you again for your review. If there is anything I can do for you please give me a call directly at the hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

A few of my favorite things about this hotel: there was a pool table on the main lobby, rooms were very spacious, perfect location in Nashville (close enough to the action, but not too close). Otherwise, the Aloft was a bit average and did not really surprise. It was a great find for the price and location.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
christiwalden, Front Office Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

We thank you so much for your feed back of our hotel during your stay. I am glad to hear that you had a good time in Nashville. We hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

What a great hotel. Boutique style rooms, great music posters abound with a Clean, beautiful, comfy room to boot.

Courtney was great at the front desk. It was early and I was asking for a high floor, quiet room. I could tell this was a big ask but with a pleasant, wonderful smile... Courtney made it happen. I mentioned that I had Starwood number and we were put on a SPG preferred floor! Yippee.

Thanks Starwood, Aloft and Courtney! Now off to Grand Ole Opry!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
christiwalden, Front Office Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

We are so glad that you had a good time at our property and that Courtney took good care of you! Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was amazing..we stayed here for the Ed Sheeran concert, 8th floor..the room was spacious with two queen beds. The only complaint was the water in the shower gets super hot, and the sink water comes out fast. The toilet is also low to the ground, but these are all minor complaints. Super clean, bar and sushi bar downstairs, super cool artwork, definitely would stay again!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2017

My husband and I stayed here during the playoff's for the Predators game,and waiting for our daughter's class group to return, it was a last minute decision, wanted to be downtown in all the excitement. The Aloft employee's were VERY nice, addressed you by your names, loved the decor in the room. Loved the sitting area on top of the building over looking downtown. I wish we had stayed the four nights here instead of one! The only least I would have to say is the food (snacks) was a little pricey and the Chinese restaurant didn't have the regular southern sweet tea. But that was only minor stuff.

Room Tip: Rooms that are overlooking the downtown area!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Hugh H, Front Office Supervisor at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us this fantastic review. We enjoyed having you, and hope to have you back whenever in Nashville.

Cheers!