“Deserted...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Alabama
“Deserted...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We found this property to be eerily deserted and quiet, except for the AC unit in our room which was roaring. Great breakfast, decent location, a bit overpriced. All in all probably one of the best choices in town, but left plenty to be desired.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Florence, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is an intriguing little hotel on the West End in Downtown Nashville. I was sent to Nashville on a last minute business venture and I check with at least 20 other hotels in the Nashville area and they were all booked full. After giving up I did one more check to see any other decent looking hotels in the area. I stumbled upon the Aloft.

My wife and 2 small children decided to take the short trip with me since they had just gotten out of school for the summer.

We arrived after dark and had no trouble finding the hotel. It is very conveniently located to the interstate and to many restaurants. We chose valet parking which was around $20-$26 dollars I can't quite remember. We parked and had a great experience checking in. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We were actually given breakfast coupon for a nearby restaurant.

The elevators are super small. Reminded me of my stints in Europe. The hallways at the hotel were huge! I mean, huge. Very wide and roomy. The rooms, well the room was huge as well. It was the largest standard hotel room I have ever seen. It was probably 40 feet from the door to the window. The bathroom was rather European too. It very boutiqish with bean bags instead of chairs and no enclosed closet or shower. The shower was in the bathroom but there was no door. It did cause a little water spillage, but not bad.

There is breakfast options, but not free. Complimentary coffee in the mornings. A Keurig in the room. There is a bar which was pretty busy the night we checked in. There is a small fitness room, but no pool.

I would stay here again, but there are better options in the area. The price was good, but the parking fee was a little much, although expected in a downtown setting. Free Wifi and nice and clean.

Don't hesitate to stay here, but I will look for other options first.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

There are other affordable options in the area - go elsewhere. The room was dirty with mold in/outside of the shower. Floor was sticky in the entire room. A/C was broken and made a grinding noise all night.
We paid extra for the breakfast rate, but there was a sign that there was no breakfast. The person at the front desk told us she couldn't do anything and that the breakfast was non-transferrable. She told us that we were out of luck and "maybe corporate could help."
I have been calling the hotel daily to find my glasses left in the room. I have left 4 voicemails and have received no response. Service at its finest! At least return my call to tell me you don't have them.
I did call corporate and she told me that she would refund the room with Starpoints. That was great, except they never hit our account (this is now 2 weeks later).

We USED to stay at Starwood hotels for all of our vacations because they did so well taking care of their guests. We changed our plans to avoid Aloft and Starwood after this experience. Not representative of the quality we expect from this brand, and rude service to boot.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel - dirty, loud, sticky, poor service.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear stellakay, We deeply apologize for the unsettling experience you had at our Aloft hotel and hope that you will allow us to make this experience up to you. If you feel comfortable sharing your experience in further detail, will you please reach out to Truett Pool, our General Manager, at truett.pool@aloftlascolinas.com, and he will ensure you are taken care of. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Quite pricey for missing some features such as a pool or hot-tub (or a solid bathroom door?), however, very clean and comfortable modern hotel near all the good stuff in Nashville. The room fit in with our personal style, clean lines, snazzy lamps, minimalistic/non-cluttered feel, excellent flooring and bedding. Impressive staff full of happy and chatty (and helpful) people, well decorated lobby with authentic Gibson guitars on display, pool table, internet, etc. If I had to change one thing I'd have them install a real door to the bathroom, it's nice and modern to have the slat-style door but not at all practical.

Room Tip: Go high up...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here during the Nashville Half Marathon. I had never stayed in an Aloft before so part of this review is towards the Aloft hotel chain. If you have never stayed in an Aloft, they are going for more of a boutique like experience. Trendy looking rooms that look and feel different from your standard rooms. Generally, I liked the room. The Aloft West End is about a half a mile from Broadway and the main strip of bars, easily walkable. The staff was very friendly as well. The one thing though is that I do not think it was worth the price. Parking was expensive as well. If you are a Starwood member like I am, this place works but its a category 4 hotel on the reward side so look to drop some points.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Staying in Nashville for the evening at Aloft or previously Indigo. First impressions when you walk into the lobby is wow, this is different. I think that sticks with about everything about this hotel.

This is a very modern hotel. A boutique hotel might be the better word for it. I am not crazy about the bean bag chairs in the rooms lol. I think that is a little too far on the cool idea side. Cool paintings and retro feel to some things. There are a lot of cool touches but also several "What were they thinking?"

We really enjoyed the lobby bar. They had a singer song writer night and it was actually pretty entertaining. Nice pool table and a great set up for grabbing some snack and food from their store. Again, a pretty cool vibe down stairs.

Issues? We are in room 213 and it seems that there is a gurgling toilet issue in this room. Just part of being an old building. Great service guy, just nothing you can really do about it. So, I would stay away from this particular room. Bed is pretty comfortable and the room in clean with a pretty cool shower. Great staff at every turn of our stay.

All in all? Not a bad stay.... just different.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I am one of those suckers for loyalty programs. Stayed at many many SPG hotels, but first time at an Aloft. I am aware that Aloft is supposed to be one of the lower end chains of the SPG family, and my stay was pleasant overall. But I would say my experience at Aloft West End was slightly below par compared to my other stays at SPG hotels.

Pros:
- The staff was very friendly. Upon check in, they upgraded me to one of the best rooms in the hotel, which was very nice. Every time I passed by the lobby, they always greeted me with a smile.
- The hotel room is clean and spacious.
- There are decent restaurants in the area.

Con:
- The hotel has pretty modern decor, not sure whether it has recently gone through renovation. But the elevator and the AC sound like they need to be replaced right away. The AC was so loud that it woke me up a couple of times at night.
- I requested 4 pm late check out on the day of departure. However, the housekeeping lady walked in on me at 10 am on the check out date. It seems there are some disconnect on the communication front.
- I don't particularly like the location. It's not terribly far from downtown but not exactly walking distance to the touristy sites and financial district.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business