“Best pet friendly hotel in Tennessee”

Aloft Nashville West End
Ranked #73 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Dallas, TX
“Best pet friendly hotel in Tennessee”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have stayed her about 15 times over the last year and by far this is my partners and I favorite hotel. The staff loves our dogs and the valet staff is so attentive when we visit every time we drive back and forth from TX to NY. They are always asking how we are doing and remember us each time. Great hotel!! I wish they would make a doggy park area in the garage. Only problem it is hard to find a spot for the dogs to use the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback of our hotel with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was a little worried because I booked before I read the reviews. I was in Asheville at the time, at an Aloft there, so I figured it would be a safe bet. Then I read the reviews, and thought I had made a mistake..until I arrived. Maybe it's Nashville, or maybe it was just the staff, but these were some of the nicest people I met on my way from Boston to California. Really. SO helpful, SO welcoming...The room was HUGE!!! and they are EXTREMELY dog friendly. there's not much by way of a view, and its definitely not the most scenic- but that didnt seem to matter during my stay there. I did need my car, or taxi, as I found anything I wanted to do was a drive (only a few minutes), and the $25 parking is a bit of a buzz kill, but they probably don't have a choice there. I was very happy with my stay here, and I am so glad I didn't heed the negative reviews on this site. I would have missed out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Traveling most of the country for work, I've found this particular hotel to be in the Top 3 of my favorites.

The hosts at the front desk we super friendly and very helpful. The lobby was super trendy and neat. (Awesome sushi joint next door. The owner talked to me about his exotic fish for a good 10 minutes. He was so adorable!)

The room I stayed in was huge! (King room). There was a decent view a the city, a keurig pot with coffee and tea, bottled water, and a ginormous beanbag pillow.

The bathroom was probably my favorite. I'm also a really big fan of the soap at Alofts!

If you're in to modern and funky, you'll like this hotel. Pretty sure they have live bands too, but I didn't get a chance to see any.

It is a bit pricey and while parking is convenient at the attached garage, it's also pricey.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Federalsburg, Maryland
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

After making my reservations using Hot Wire and finding out which hotel is gotten and checked the reviews, I was very worried I'd made a terrible mistake. But I was pleasantly surprised, overall. I did reserve a king room, however, and was given a "double queen", which wouldn't have been a big deal if the beds had actually been queen sized, which they weren't. They were only fulls. When I brought this up at checkout, the staff said, "They're small, aren't they?" (Leading me to believe that they get this complaint a lot). When I said that, yes, they were small and definitely not queens I was told that they were "hotel queens". I've stayed in a few hotels and have gotten rooms with queen beds and they were normal sized queen beds. I don't believe that they actually intend for two people to share these beds. There is a single nightstand between the two, so unless you do sleep in the separate beds, only one of you gets access to the table. And two to a bed was not an easy night's sleep due to the smaller size. The bathroom is really neat and we loved the shower. The shower is large and doorless. I saw some reviews where this was an issue and that other guests had trouble with water getting everywhere. We did not observed this ourselves. And the soap/ shampoo/conditioner dispenser is really neat. Now for the bathroom door. I do agree with all of the negative reviews there. It is a plantation style shutter and it leaves no doubt as to what is going on in the bathroom. I think this design could have been easily achieved by a solid door with a louver design on the exterior. There is really neat, funky artwork in the rooms, but it is oddly placed. They cluster it in one area, sometimes blocked by the nightstsnd lamp, and leave other entire spans of wall bare. Parking I thought was a little pricey and not all that well organized. But it was a cool place and we enjoyed it there. The sushi place attached was awesome!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Rachel S
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I love aloft and nashville's location was exactly as I expected. Wonderful overall experience and very classy for those of all ages! I love the stylish way that each of these hotels are put together. Rooms are always very clean and nice. This is one hotel that regardless of the location, I never have to worry about my experience.

• Stayed October 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear PinkPrancer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I planned a meeting for 40 people with the Aloft West End Nashville being our main hotel. The hotel was excellent! From check-in to invoicing the staff went above and beyond! They had great customer service, were flexible with our needs and even ran to a local store to ensure we could serve exactly what we wanted. Chris White worked with us from start to finish to bring our vision to life and we couldn't be happier. The sleeping rooms were awesome too! Live Life Aloft...we will when we are in Nashville that is for sure!

Room Tip: Room 816 has a balcony (shhhh!) and all rooms on the 8th floor have access to a patio with a view of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear jennifer l,
It's wonderful to hear your meeting went well and our staff went above and beyond your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to share this positive feedback with us and we hope you will once again choose our hotel when traveling to Nashville - whether it is for business or pleasure!
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Every bad review written is absolutely true. I read them before I booked, however I needed several rooms for a wedding party staying here. Not even a shower cap? Mark the desk manager kindly went to Walgreen's for them. As a gold SPG I found this hotel a mess, please take the pictures off the hotel site and renovate. You can book much better for less.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank David B
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear David B,
We first want to thank you for being a loyal SPG Gold member - we value your continued business as well as your comments on our property. We are truly disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with our hotel accommodations during your recent stay and want to apologize for any inconvenience you or your group experienced. We know how important it is to provide our guests with the essentials and understand how you may have been left frustrated. We appreciate your feedback so we may try to improve our property to better serve you in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels