“Great hotel experience”

Aloft Nashville West End
Ranked #76 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I love aloft and nashville's location was exactly as I expected. Wonderful overall experience and very classy for those of all ages! I love the stylish way that each of these hotels are put together. Rooms are always very clean and nice. This is one hotel that regardless of the location, I never have to worry about my experience.

• Stayed: October 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear PinkPrancer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I planned a meeting for 40 people with the Aloft West End Nashville being our main hotel. The hotel was excellent! From check-in to invoicing the staff went above and beyond! They had great customer service, were flexible with our needs and even ran to a local store to ensure we could serve exactly what we wanted. Chris White worked with us from start to finish to bring our vision to life and we couldn't be happier. The sleeping rooms were awesome too! Live Life Aloft...we will when we are in Nashville that is for sure!

Room Tip: Room 816 has a balcony (shhhh!) and all rooms on the 8th floor have access to a patio with a view of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear jennifer l,
It's wonderful to hear your meeting went well and our staff went above and beyond your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to share this positive feedback with us and we hope you will once again choose our hotel when traveling to Nashville - whether it is for business or pleasure!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Every bad review written is absolutely true. I read them before I booked, however I needed several rooms for a wedding party staying here. Not even a shower cap? Mark the desk manager kindly went to Walgreen's for them. As a gold SPG I found this hotel a mess, please take the pictures off the hotel site and renovate. You can book much better for less.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank David B
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear David B,
We first want to thank you for being a loyal SPG Gold member - we value your continued business as well as your comments on our property. We are truly disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with our hotel accommodations during your recent stay and want to apologize for any inconvenience you or your group experienced. We know how important it is to provide our guests with the essentials and understand how you may have been left frustrated. We appreciate your feedback so we may try to improve our property to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The location was great- an easy walk down Broadway to the downtown area. Our room was huge. Our friends rooms weren't quite as large but still bigger than other rooms I've seen. It is updated and clean. For breakfast, we visited The West End Cafe right across the street. Aloft has its own small restaurant too that friends ate at. I definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank alexadunn
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was my first experience at an Aloft. The staff was very friendly....both the front desk and the bar staff. The rooms were big and clean. The bathroom needs a solid core door for privacy and because the shower is open the floor gets pretty wet. It was a pricey for this level of hotel without breakfast included. Lots of restaurants within walking distances and a $10 cab ride to the city.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Normally the Aloft would command a better review. The best thing I can say about this property is how wonderful the whole staff was. We sincerely appreciated everyone who we interacted with there.

Our issues were with the room. We didn't care for the bathroom layout. The shower has no door or curtain so water gets splashed onto the bathroom floor. The shower nozzle was next to impossible to adjust. This meant that it was pretty much fixed in position. For $229 a night, I expected better. Compared to other Alofts I've stayed at, this one has some catching up to do.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just wanted to share a little feedback on my recent stay at aLoft in Nashville. I live in NYC currently but lived in Nashville for a really long time and have tons of friends and family. My 30th birthday celebration concluded in Nashville after parties in NYC, CT, Miami and Virginia. I come to Nashville probably once every three months for business and pleasure. I always stay at the Hutton which I love. I decided to try something different this time and book with aLoft. Unfortunately my experience was not quite the best. I had specifically called earlier in the week to request early check in because of a work meeting. I know most hotels don't guarantee that ever - however the front desk agent assured me "That will be no problem." When I tried to check in early on Sunday I was told nothing was available. I also booked through hotels.com (which I often use for rewards benefits) and I waited ( I think like 45 minutest) trying to check in because hotels.com payment info wasn't received. It was so annoying although staff was very sweet in trying to resolve the situation. The following day...my 30th bday...I had gone to Barrys Bootcamp then came home sweaty and gross to take a shower before my birthday party guests arrived to go to dinner. There was a power outage. The power came back on so I got in shower to rush on my special day. Power shuts off again while in shower and I slipped and fell. I am so fortunate I didn't really hurt myself because I'm a fitness instructor and my body is my business. It was just a really messy experience. I understand hotels.com and the power company were part of the problem...I just had to pass on my dissatisfaction. I'm a very habit forming guy and for me to sway from Hutton was a big deal. I truly wish my aLoft experience for the grand finale of my 30th birthday experience had been different.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank johnnyd615
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear johnnyd615,
We want to first thank you for you honest feedback of our hotel based on your recent stay. we apologize for the issues you encountered at our hotel and our front desk. we understand how you may be frustrated after your stay but want you to know we take your feedback seriously and have therefore passed along your comments to the rest of the hotel management team so we may address accordingly and resolve moving forward.