“Believe all the negatives”

Aloft Nashville West End
Ranked #73 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Believe all the negatives”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Every bad review written is absolutely true. I read them before I booked, however I needed several rooms for a wedding party staying here. Not even a shower cap? Mark the desk manager kindly went to Walgreen's for them. As a gold SPG I found this hotel a mess, please take the pictures off the hotel site and renovate. You can book much better for less.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank David B
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear David B,
We first want to thank you for being a loyal SPG Gold member - we value your continued business as well as your comments on our property. We are truly disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with our hotel accommodations during your recent stay and want to apologize for any inconvenience you or your group experienced. We know how important it is to provide our guests with the essentials and understand how you may have been left frustrated. We appreciate your feedback so we may try to improve our property to better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The location was great- an easy walk down Broadway to the downtown area. Our room was huge. Our friends rooms weren't quite as large but still bigger than other rooms I've seen. It is updated and clean. For breakfast, we visited The West End Cafe right across the street. Aloft has its own small restaurant too that friends ate at. I definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank alexadunn
Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This was my first experience at an Aloft. The staff was very friendly....both the front desk and the bar staff. The rooms were big and clean. The bathroom needs a solid core door for privacy and because the shower is open the floor gets pretty wet. It was a pricey for this level of hotel without breakfast included. Lots of restaurants within walking distances and a $10 cab ride to the city.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Humble, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Normally the Aloft would command a better review. The best thing I can say about this property is how wonderful the whole staff was. We sincerely appreciated everyone who we interacted with there.

Our issues were with the room. We didn't care for the bathroom layout. The shower has no door or curtain so water gets splashed onto the bathroom floor. The shower nozzle was next to impossible to adjust. This meant that it was pretty much fixed in position. For $229 a night, I expected better. Compared to other Alofts I've stayed at, this one has some catching up to do.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just wanted to share a little feedback on my recent stay at aLoft in Nashville. I live in NYC currently but lived in Nashville for a really long time and have tons of friends and family. My 30th birthday celebration concluded in Nashville after parties in NYC, CT, Miami and Virginia. I come to Nashville probably once every three months for business and pleasure. I always stay at the Hutton which I love. I decided to try something different this time and book with aLoft. Unfortunately my experience was not quite the best. I had specifically called earlier in the week to request early check in because of a work meeting. I know most hotels don't guarantee that ever - however the front desk agent assured me "That will be no problem." When I tried to check in early on Sunday I was told nothing was available. I also booked through hotels.com (which I often use for rewards benefits) and I waited ( I think like 45 minutest) trying to check in because hotels.com payment info wasn't received. It was so annoying although staff was very sweet in trying to resolve the situation. The following day...my 30th bday...I had gone to Barrys Bootcamp then came home sweaty and gross to take a shower before my birthday party guests arrived to go to dinner. There was a power outage. The power came back on so I got in shower to rush on my special day. Power shuts off again while in shower and I slipped and fell. I am so fortunate I didn't really hurt myself because I'm a fitness instructor and my body is my business. It was just a really messy experience. I understand hotels.com and the power company were part of the problem...I just had to pass on my dissatisfaction. I'm a very habit forming guy and for me to sway from Hutton was a big deal. I truly wish my aLoft experience for the grand finale of my 30th birthday experience had been different.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank johnnyd615
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear johnnyd615,
We want to first thank you for you honest feedback of our hotel based on your recent stay. we apologize for the issues you encountered at our hotel and our front desk. we understand how you may be frustrated after your stay but want you to know we take your feedback seriously and have therefore passed along your comments to the rest of the hotel management team so we may address accordingly and resolve moving forward.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed for southern ground and it was walk-able / quick cab ride. Also close to Vanderbilt so seemed pretty central. Hotel is not in the best condition but we didn't spend much time in the room and we liked that we could have 2 queen beds and a queen pull-out couch to squeeze 5 people in one room, that was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've stayed at one previous Aloft before -- a new construction version in Minneapolis. It was bright, clean, and totally serviceable for a no-fuss budget stay. You don't go there expecting W or luxury hotel standards, but you get a nice experience there for the money.

This one, not so much. It's clearly a renovated property, but this was a pretty slap-dash renovation. The W/Aloft-like details are kind of bolted on and make you feel as if you're staying in a franken-hotel. It is also poorly done, with wood laminate floors bowing and bathroom carpet tiles coming unglued.

Beyond that, it's dark, kind of dingy, the room HVAC is indeed incredibly loud (unless you're used to window units in an apartment), and I found a roach in my room as I was checking out. The friendly front desk attendant was apologetic but offered nothing in return for the gross-out. I'm sure they'd notice a big dead bug on the floor even if I didn't complain.

Front desk staff was nice, as others have noted, but that doesn't make up for the serious shortcomings of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear BenZ616,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel with us as we value your input based on yuor recent stay. We're disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered in your guest room and that you did not enjoy the look and feel of our hotel accommodations. I have shared your comments with the rest of the hotel management team so we may look into some of these issues further and resolve moving forward. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during yuor stay.