“Very Trendy”

Ranked #78 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
El Paso, Texas
“Very Trendy”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel for families. It is more for adults especially those thirty and younger. It is very, very trendy in decor. Lobby is not quiet or peaceful. It is loud with color. If you want a hotel that is tranquil, this is not the place for you. It looks more like a night club. Parking is outrageous; $24 a day. It is hard for friends to come and pick you up or for them to even park. This is an old building and although they tried to make it new, it still had an "old feel" to me. Staff is courteous although there seems to be issues with valet parking. The first person always seemed to disappear. Every time I needed him, he was no where to be found. Twice I had to go back into the lobby to ask the front desk to find him which was irritating. On Sunday evenings they only had one valet and he really needed help as he was too busy. On a brighter note the personnel were courteous and very friendly (of course, you are in Nashville). I called for a very minor maintenance issue and maintenance arrived within 5 minutes of my call. Location is good if you want West End or Downtown. Very good spot if you are visiting Vanderbilt or Belmont. Showers are excellent. Bed was comfortable. Room and bathroom were very, very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susie60768

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here the weekend of July 26-28. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient at check in. We are SPG members, so had a room on the top floor (10). The view was nothing special, but the room was nicely decorated and the huge bean bag chair was awesome. We didn't use the desk, but there was plenty of room to get some work done if needed. The bathroom was especially notable with a large walk in shower and cool sink. It did appear the bathroom was a bit dusty, but it was nothing significant. The bar in lobby has some great local brews to choose from and some local live music. Overall, a very enjoyable place to spend a weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went here on a trip with my friends and arrived to a gross unclean room. While the design of the hotel was good, but the only thing I really need is a clean bathroom. Looks like the maid forgot to clean the toliet which was full of dried urine. Pleasant right?

There are PLENTY of other hotels in Nashvilel that are designed well but offer clean rooms.

DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laura692013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Laura692013,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel with us after your recent stay. We are very disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered with cleanliness in your guest room and want to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. We understand your frustration and want you to know your comments have been passed along to the rest of the hotel management tam so we may look into this further and resolve moving forward.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while attending a festival in Downtown Nashville and it was exactly what I wanted for a night out. The lobby was spacious and a safe and fun place to hang out with friends. The rooms are nicely arranged with a large flat screen TV, comfortable bed, and huge shower. Each of the staff members I came into contact with were very approachable and quite helpful with directions and recommendations of restaurants in the area. I will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Deci A, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Melinda L.
I am glad to hear that you had a great time with you were in Nashville, and especially while you stayed with us at the Aloft. Our lobby is very spacious as you had mentioned...and I hope that you were able to catch a game of pool while hanging out in the lobby.
We want you to feel at home and get that "fun" vibe as soon as you walk through the door.
Can't wait to see you when you return!
Fun Times!
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Last night I was there I had all my money stolen out of my room! The maid cleaned our room and was done at 12:50pm, ironically my key was checked in at 1pm. Funny thing is I wasn't even at the hotel at the time! No cameras in the hotel hallways....safe huh? Toilets were disgusting in my room. There was pee all over the back of it. My keys kept not working so I had to switch out my keys twice, once when it was late I'm the night! Manager will not even talk over the phone. Only prefers email! So if you have a complaint just save your breath no one cares there!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Hlotke96
Dear Hlotke96,
I do apologize about your experience you had while at the property. We are doing everything that we are able to do at property level to investigate this case. Theft is a big allegation and we want to make sure that each of our guests feel safe. We do have safes in all of our rooms that are password protected for valuables for use by all our guests.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we are using this as a learning tool as well as trying to get things worked out for you.
Best Regards,
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The concept is refreshing. Uniquely decorated rooms, groovy bean bag contemporary vibe, and friendly helpful staff. Bar has live music and/or DJ and the location is super convenient to downtown and Vanderbuilt/West End area. Clean room, fast internet, comfy beds, all in all a good value with the exception of parking. Parking is $24 a day and notincluded in the room rate. A bit of a surprise in Nashville.. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
MarkD,
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words. We are working at making our clientele aware of our new "unique" décor and making this the place to be while in Nashville. We do have live music each Wed. evening, Friday evening, and Saturday morning.
Glad you enjoyed yourself! See you next time you are in the area!
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am a long time Starwood member and am incredibly disappointed in this property. The front desk staff is very helpful. And that is the only positive thing I can say.

Checked in and left car with the valet who was the only one on at 10:30PM while 5 cars sat trying to check in. He was doing his best but left cars unlocked with motors running or keys in the ignition while he left his station and went to another street to help other customers checking in. This while a bunch of people were walking around and not being watched by anyone. The hotel is lucky no car was taken.

Got to the room and it was filthy. Balls of hair on the floor in the bathroom, food on the floor all under the desk area, a dirty bandaid on the floor under the television. The bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time -- visible dirt -- and the sink's faucet was crusted all around with brown gunk. The toilet was a mess around the floor -- dirt visible, crusty/scaly crud all in the back on the floor. The main room floor was sticky under your feet and very clearly dirty.

At this point we had driven a long way and were just exhausted. The beds were made with clean sheets so we decided to tackle the rest of the issues in the morning. I should mention we were told we got the last room when we made the reservation so we knew that there was additional room where we could move.

IN the morning, told the front desk and the staff was exceptionally apologetic. We went out for the morning and were assured it would be cleaned when we got back later in the day.

Well, some things were okay. The hair tumbleweeds on the floor of the bathroom were gone, the dirty bandaid was cleaned up and the food under the desk was cleaned up. The bathroom floor and the bedroom floors were okay...a little sticky but at least your shoes no longer make sticky noises when you walk across them. The brown gunk on the faucet, the crusty/scaly toilet area and the dirt around the toilet still remain. I just wet a face cloth and rubbed those areas (no cleaner) and it came up so clearly no one is actually cleaning anything.

Hotel is very loud -- loud lobby (expected) and loud rooms (not expected...you can hear every car that drives by even over the A/C) and not very clean.

This hotel was incredibly disappointing and I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MAtraveler123
Deci A, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear MAtraveler123,
I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and that you had to experience the situation that you did. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, as I use guest comments and suggestions as learning tools every day.
I hope that when you are in Nashville, TN again, that you will give us another try!
Best Regards,