“Staff was super nice, the rooms were decent, cleaning crew needs help”

Aloft Nashville West End
Ranked #77 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I loved their staff here, super nice people, very friendly, the room I was in left pretty B grade. That might have been only because it was a pet friendly room, so I'll take what I can get. The Staff was super nice to my dog, me, my family. The room at first glance was great, and actually the rooms are pretty cool...the cleaning crew / maintenance crew is what the problem is, my room was pretty dirty, you could tell this wasn't the kind of "lift everything up and clean it" kind of place, which was sad, as that has never been my experience with the aloft.

My toilet was missing parts, under the sink was just filty, the hotel feels a lot more like a cheap rehab than a ground up build, but that was ok. The cleaning crew (at least in the dog friendly rooms) should step their game up a bit though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear wilreynolds,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. While we are glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating, we are disappointed to hear that that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room and our housekeeping services. We understand your frustration and know the importance of providing our guests with clean rooms, so you are able to unwind and feel comfortable during your stay. We truly apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.
We take our online reviews very seriously and value your input greatly - we use the feedback you provide as a means to improve our hotel and services in the future. I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel management team so they may review and address the issues you experienced accordingly. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Aloft Nashville West End

Reviewed April 19, 2013

before arriving the reviews made me nervous.
after a long 10 hour car ride i arrived very early in the morning. questioned the front desk agent if he had any rooms available. in which he did not. and i didnt expect him to either, he was very understanding. he was abel to let us park our car and hang out in their neat little 8th floor balcany. (although i do suggest maybe re vamping that area a tad) anyways was abel to unwind and poor myself a drink...... did i mention this was at 7:30 am... stressful car ride.
when a room was available which only took about an hour and half, huego was abel to get us a room. we requested a room with 2 double beds. he was awesome enough to upgrade us to a sweet.

the rooms were very clean and modern.
the lobby was in ocnstruction but didnt bother our stay at all.
due to their construction they were abel to give us breakfast which made the morning even better.

all over a great stay.
front desk agent huego was awesome!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hi shannon w,

Thanks so much for selecting us to host you on your recent trip to Nashville! I'm happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your needs and made you feel at home after your long drive - I'll be sure to thank Huego for a job well done!

Thanks again, and please come see us again next time you're in town!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I used Priceline to "name my own price" and ended up getting the Aloft for my husband and I's mini vacay. After reading all of the reviews, I got REALLY nervous. I called the hotel to request a room with a king bed and the person I spoke with was so helpful. (actually everyone we came in contact with throughout the week was more than helpful) She said that the construction would not be complete, but that it should not interrupt our stay.. she was right.

Nice hotel in a great location for the value. There was a bit of construction going on while we were there (re-doing floors on main floor, finishing touches on bar area) but this did not affect our stay in the least. There weren't any loud noises to be heard from our room, etc. I think it's safe to say that the construction is pretty much finished at this point. Overall it was a great stay in Nashville.

If you are looking for a couple of close by, good bites to eat- Noshville (breakfast) and Hattie B's (chicken spot) were both AMAAZINNNGG! They are a couple of blocks away from the hotel. Additionally, if you head over to the bars on music row there are some great happy hour deals! (the drinks at "The District" were pretty expensive)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Krystal S,

Thanks so much for your recent stay, and for taking the time to share this feedback. We're glad the renovation work we're undergoing did not disrupt your stay, and that you enjoyed the location, service & value. Please come back and see us again next time you're in Nashville, and enjoy the finished product!

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Disappointed. On arrival the gentleman on the desk was adamant that he didn't have a reservation for us and that was that, he was quite happy to just leave us stranded with nowhere else to go. A lady then came to the desk and said she would deal with us and within 10-15mins located out booking and booked us in. She then informed us that she knew we were coming but had failed to print the email off.
The hotel is still undergoing a revamp to which we were not informed of on booking, it was dusty, noisy and some of the staff were rude and abrupt.
The room however was lovely beds comfy, but no hot water in the shower on the first day. A lot if work to be done on the staff communication and hotel itself. Wouldn't stay again, location is mile and half from downtown nashville, nice walk or $8 in a cab.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello Finchyj78,

Thank you for your recent stay, and for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear your experience here was less than satisfactory. We strive to ensure each guest feels welcome and comfortable from the moment they arrive, and I'm sorry that's not what you experienced. We appreciate the feedback on how we can improve, and will make sure to address this.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

In February 2013 this hotel was undergoing considerable construction; a discount should have been offered. The hotel was noisy early in the morning until at least 6:00 p.m. making sleeping impossible during those times.

The room was nicely furnished with laminate floors but too dark. The small windows looked directly into another building.

The service was terrible. We had booked this hotel using reward points but a bill appeared under our door for the full amount - 20 minutes wasted trying to get that resolved.
We stayed two nights; the room was not cleaned until after 4:00 p.m. on the second day. It was too noisy to take a nap AND we couldn’t find a place in the hotel to get coffee (I had to request that the coffee in our room be replaced). The phone in the room did not work. Although I informed the front desk staff of the broken phone while asking for our room to be cleaned, it was never repaired/replaced.

Access to the parking garage is awkward. There is no elevator access which was an issue for us when we had to move large suitcases up/down stairs.

There are nicer hotels in Nashville in better locations with better service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Vay_KayK8e,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As you know, we are undergoing renovations to bring the full Aloft experience to Nashville, and we apologize for the disturbances this caused you while staying with us. I'm also very sorry to hear about the sub-par service you received; this is not our standard and will be addressed. This kind of feedback is critical so thank you once again for letting us know how we can improve.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We checked into this hotel on March 28, 2013 for a two night stay while we took our son on a college tour at Vanderbilt. While I was aware that the hotel was undergoing construction, we were taken aback when we were placed on the 4th floor that had no carpeting on the floors, the room signs were taped on the doors, and there was dust and dirt everywhere. As we made our way to the room (from the parking lot on the 4th floor that connects guests to their rooms, but is not handicapped accessible, especially when you have a son in a wheelchair) we noticed there was pile of dust and dirt smack dab in front of our room door. I thought to myself "gee, why wouldn't the housekeeping staff at least sweep it up so it is not tracked into the room?" Well we just rolled our eyes and made the best of it. The room was fine, dusty, but we managed. The staff couldn't have been nicer. It was nice to have breakfast provided and the woman working at the breakfast was very pleasant. The second night of our stay there were extremely rude and intoxicated guests making all kind of noise in the middle of the night, they even smashed a bottle of vodka not far from our front door. I guess without carpet on the floor you can hear everything. When checking out I made mention of this and the front desk person took off a half night's stay from our bill. That was very nice, and something I had not expected. If my son is lucky enough to get into Vanderbilt I'll definitely give this hotel another try. I felt bad for the staff who had very little control over the bad decisions the corporate suits made regarding the renovation. It would have been better to shut down for two weeks and get it all done, rather than have guests put up with the chaos, I'm sure it is all related to revenue.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank abtuccillo
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hi abtuccillo,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. We've been undergoing extensive renovations since last fall, and have rolled this out in a phased approach in attempt to continue operating while minimizing disturbance to guests. I'm sorry to hear we fell short here and appreciate your willingness to give us another chance once our renovations have been completed. We're nearing completion and will be announcing our grand-reopening very soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Aloft is currently working out a few kinks here in Nashville, kinks like floor removal machines blasting away old wood 20' to the right of the check-in desk and creating a noise so loud you literally have to shout to be heard. Piles of carpeting line the hallways, the breakfast area is in the Tactic Room on the second floor, and the gym, though it has terrific new LIfeFitness equipment, has no towels or stretching mats. If you're coming to this wonderful city before July 2013, you might want to book somewhere else. Don't hotels usually renovate and THEN open, rather than renovate right at your feet?

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the power sanders.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

HI Hughster,
Thanks so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Nashville, and for taking the time to share your feedback. As you mentioned we're currently undergoing a hotel-wide renovation, and while we do our best to minimize disturbances, we're sorry to hear that you experienced some of our "growing pains". We're nearing completion and would love to have you back soon to experience the finished product!