Aloft Nashville West End
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$272
  • Pool
$113
$289
Hampton.com
All reviewsmusic rowrooms are hugeparking garage isvanderbilt universityuber ridetwo queen bedsvalet stafflive musicclose to downtownaloftslobbyhattiekeurigbroadwaypets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Aloft is currently working out a few kinks here in Nashville, kinks like floor removal machines blasting away old wood 20' to the right of the check-in desk and creating a noise so loud you literally have to shout to be heard. Piles of carpeting line the hallways, the breakfast area is in the Tactic Room on the second floor, and the gym, though it has terrific new LIfeFitness equipment, has no towels or stretching mats. If you're coming to this wonderful city before July 2013, you might want to book somewhere else. Don't hotels usually renovate and THEN open, rather than renovate right at your feet?

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the power sanders.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

HI Hughster,
Thanks so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Nashville, and for taking the time to share your feedback. As you mentioned we're currently undergoing a hotel-wide renovation, and while we do our best to minimize disturbances, we're sorry to hear that you experienced some of our "growing pains". We're nearing completion and would love to have you back soon to experience the finished product!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is currently being renovated.. This did not cause any issues for us. 18$ per day to park in hotel garage. Easy in and out, with room key. PLENTY of food options around the area.. Exactly 1.1 miles to the front door of Bridgestone Arena/ and the "strip". Walk it or cab it for about 5.50 to 10. depending on traffic.
Room.. Very spacious room and one the most comfortable beds we've slept in in awhile. Kuerig machine in room with Green Mountain coffees and teas.. complimentary.. Shower very nice! comfortable quiet room.. We stayed in room 911.. Right in front of elevator.. Normally.. I would ask to be moved, but even with Blackhawk fans and a nearby cheerleading tournament.. We didn't hear anything in the halls.
Stay close enough to the strip without paying the premium!

Room Tip: Request a room above the 6th floor during construction. Rm. 911 was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello tlkafam1,

Thanks so much for your recent stay and for the kind words. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your understanding as we work to complete our renovations. Happy to hear you didn't experience any disruptions - this is certainly important to us! We will be finished renovating shortly, and would love for you to come back and see the finished product!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here March 29th and 30th.We were told at booking that this was newly renovated not UNDER CONSTRUTION. There was construction going on everywhere. Front lobby,halls,rooms etc.It started early in the morning and well into the night. Our exhaust fan and Phone didn't work in our room which was no problem but rates should've been discounted to refect the state the hotel and rooms were in. The door on the bathroom has louvers so if you are sleeping and someone decides to take a shower or fart on the toilet you get to listen. Please change the bathroom doors.We booked six guests but had to ask numerous times for bedding for the sleeper sofa. Seems the housekeeper didn't know what a feather comforter or blanket was. We kept getting sheets and no blanket for the bed. The beds themselves were very nice and comfortable and I hear the couch was too once the bedding was obtained. Having two TV'S was nice for six people. The size of the room was nice also. We were quoted a price of $209 for the first night and your birth year as the price of the second night. I was born in 1960 so that would make the two nights $269. I have traveled all over the world but never seen fees on the total end of stay bill total $393.That is $134 worth of extra fees..... I have stayed in Nashville many times and I understand tourism fees but $124 worth of extra fees. I can see this hotel has potential to be very nice, SOMEDAY, but its no where near that now and I won't be staying here again.I also agree with a prior review that the front lobby people were very nice. PS. There is currently no pool which was important to the teenagers in the party and listed as being available.We had four unhappy girls once this was learned.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
George H, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your family. I am sorry the communication regarding renovation did not reach you. I can imagine what it must have felt like walking in to such a project. The good news is the renovations process is near the end and at the cusp of being complete. There are only a few items remaining in the common areas and then we will replace the old hotel furniture with the new Aloft Brand Standard furnishings. I know the taxes and fees are higher than most Metropolitan cities but are usually explained in detail once brought to our attention. Our State Sales Tax is 9.25% and Hotel / Motel tax is 6.0%. There is a local City Tax of $2.50 as a hospitality / Tourism fee on top of all the applicable aforementioned taxes. To break it down looks even worse than the explanation: $209 (Room Charge) + $19.33 (Sales Tax) + $12.54 (Hotel / Motel Tax) + $2.50 (Local City Tax) = $243.37 (which is $34.37 in taxes the 1st night).
I am glad you enjoyed the spacious room and room amenities. I apologize for the miscommunication for a blanket. I feel we are all on the same page as far as that goes. What troubles me is the mention of a pool. I checked all of our reservation pages and saw no mention of a pool. Unfortunately we will not be constructing one during this renovation process. I am sorry we disappointed your teens.
Please come back and explore what we have once completed. All of our guest rooms will be complete with new beds, TVs, chairs, desks, lamps, alarm clocks and phones. All of our public space is wide open for lounging and having fun. The pool table will be installed later this week! I look forward to the opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you our way. I thank you for the response and for allowing us to take care of you while in Nashville.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I visit Nashville on a monthly basis due to work obligations and this is my second time staying at Aloft Westend. It was over the weekend so my husband and pup joined the trip. I booked the hotel through my work travel website and there was no indication of construction. Starwood recently purchased this hotel (formerly Hotel Indigo) and they are undergoing an extreme renovation. I am sure the end result will be beautiful but I have no desire to be a part of the process. The gym and bar are both closed due to construction. The walls are half painted and the room signs are on the floor. We would be able to handle all of this, but in addition, we were awoken at 6am on a Saturday morning to what sounded like a great explosion. When I called the front desk they were looking into what happened. The drilling and construction within the building started soon afterward. The rooms seem to be struggling to find their identity between a modern hotel and more traditional taste. If you are not planning to spend any time in the room, this may be a decent option. Otherwise, I would choose another hotel and pay the extra few bucks in cab fare downtown. The Embassy Suites nearby is a little more expensive, but I have stayed there many times and they are consistently what you would expect from them. The staff however was very cheerful, despite the fact that they had many unhappy guests. When checking out they offered an additional 10,000 SPG points due to the construction.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dannelle S

Thank you so much for the second visit! I am happy your husband and pet could join you this time around. I understand the renovation was a major pain. The good news is, its very close to complete! I was aware of the loud explosion. Matter of fact, it has gone off every morning since, except Easter Sunday. There is a high-rise hotel being built 3 blocks away. The explosion is happening at their site prior to rush hour traffic.... everyday. I wish I was able to control it but is almost impossible. As for our renovation noise, we are at the quiet furniture move in stage.
I am happy the Talent up front was able to accommodate you with the Starpoints. I hope that eased the pain somewhat. I look forward to seeing you again soon. The lounge and restaurant will reopen this week with a fun, vibrant atmosphere. Stop by and see our new lobby with plenty of space to mingle and enjoy the big screen TV, a game of billiards or jus relax and take it all in.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

While I was aware of the renovation when I booked, with a stated completion date of April 1st, I figured that was only a week after we would be staying there, so it's got to be close to complete.  NOT!!  This place won't be complete for 3 - 5 months at least.  I don't understand why they didn't shut down a floor and remodel one floor at a time.  They we're ripping out carpet right in front of our room, installing light fixtures, stacking of trash up and down the halls, etc.  very tacky and disappointing.  Poor decision to rent rooms to guests with that much construction going on.  If you stay out late to enjoy the entertainment, don't think you'll be sleeping in, construction starts early and they are LOUD.  It really ruined our 20th anniversary.  A budget hotel would have been a better choice.  As for the shower, you need to be under 5 1/2 feet tall to fit under the head.  The water pools up outside of the shower since there is no door, curtain or guard to keep the water in the shower.  Jeff Von Molt

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff V

Jeff,

Thank you for entrusting us for your 20th Anniversary celebration. I can imagine the experience was unexpected to say the least. I can not explain the design as well as I can the process. The intention was to have one floor done at a time. The problem was the materials did not arrive when scheduled or expected. This caused us to move forward with what we had on hand. Ne did our absolute best to accommodate our guests with little interruption. Unfortunately, there were a couple of floors being carpeted during your stay. In order to meet our targeted deadline and lack of secure storage, we were forced to move forward. There were a few days the drilling started before 9AM. We did what we could do to control the noise issue. I am so sorry for the inconvenience and for this to occur on your 20th anniversary. If there is anything we may do to ease the pain of this experience, please contact me directly. I am more than happy to assist where I can.