“Nice one night stay”

Aloft Nashville West End
Ranked #77 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
“Nice one night stay”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Needed a place to sleep in Nashville and since I had a pleasant stay at an Aloft hotel before I'd give this a shot. Just like the rest of their brand hotels, Aloft is super trendy and caters to the 20-30 something crowd. The rooms are clean and unique, feels like your sleeping in an Ikea catalog. The keurig coffee maker was a nice change from ordinary hotel coffee. The bed was very comfy too. Only thing negative about this place is parking is $17+!!!!! Seriously? On a Sunday night? And 80% of the parking garage is empty? Kind of ridiculous I say. And you have to reach your room through a stairwell in the parking garage, doesn't feel too safe even in a quiet part of Nashville. Luckily they have valet parking if you are one to be timid.

• Stayed November 2012
Kim K, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Tony C,

Thank you for staying with us, and we are glad to get your feedback. It sounds as if you are a great fan of the Aloft Brand, and I'm happy to know you had a great experience while at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit to the Aloft Nashville West End.

Kim Klafter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
cleveland,ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are so big I feel like I'm in an apartment. It has 2 beds and a sofa sleeper. 2 tv's (one wouldn't pick up a signal). Keurig coffee machine (I used to brew my own brand ORGANO gold).
Nice size bathroom but pubic hair in shower.
Love the hardwood floors. Usually when a hotel has hardwood floors, you hear the person above you walking. But I'm not sure if anyone was above me.
Overall I had a great stay!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Tayshan1,

We appreciate you staying with us and for your great comments. I am happy to know that you love our rooms. We look forward to seeing you again, and hopefully in the near future!

Eads
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel certainly has the potential to be a really nice hotel but simply falls short - not on the big things, but the little things. I was bracing for the worst when I read the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised by the room - it was large, clean, comfortable and recently renovated. From the room alone, you would think you were staying in a trendy 4-star hotel. But here's why the hotel isn't 4-star. When I arrived, nobody - literally nobody - was at the front desk. After waiting 2 minutes, somebody came back to staff the desk and was apologetic, saying she "thought the coast was clear." How many 4-star hotels staff their front desk with a single person? The garage was dark, dingy, and had trash everywhere. On top of that, the front desk didn't inform me there was a $17 charge for parking. Not outrageous in downtown Nashville, but it might be worth mentioning. There are signs posted everywhere in the garage to "take your ticket" with you, but the front desk had told me I could just use my room key to get in and did not need a ticket. I called down to find out which was correct and was told to not worry about the signs. Then why are they posted everywhere? The signs for "odd" and "even" rooms weren't correct. I wandered around for 5 minutes trying to find my "odd" room, which was in the direction of the "even" signs. Bottom line - if you want to be a 4-star hotel, act like one. Staff up, fix your signs in the garage and hallways, clean up the trash in the garage and replace a few light bulbs. Otherwise, you will be a 2-star hotel with 4-star rooms.

Dear Buckbrown3,

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate you sharing your comments, as it is with guest feedback we are able to address areas where we need improvement.

Although you found the room to be very pleasing, I am disappointed to know of the service you received. I truly apologize that no one was at the Front Desk to greet you. I assure you that this is not the welcome we want our guests to have, and this has been addressed with the Talent Members. We are looking at our staffing and making improvements in that area. In addition, they should have informed you of the parking charge, and I regret that this did not happen. Please know that we are also addressing the parking garage. We now have a new Valet Team who is helping us to improve our focus in this area.

Again, I apologize for the experiences you encountered, and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to prove that your satisfaction is important to us and that we believe each guest is deserving of outstanding service.

Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I paid abut $150 on hotwire and expected to be closer to music row (walking alone at night was the plan). The room was clean enough, but cheap furnishings, scrapes on the walls, no refrigerator. II felt it was overpriced for what it offered. The bar staff was nice, but they ar supposed to offer music and were not.

Dear BeachDog32842,

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your thoughts on your visit. I am happy that our Bar Talent Members were courteous and made you feel welcome. However, I do apologize that you were disappointed with the location. In addition, your thoughts regarding the conditon of the hotel are well received. We are starting a great renovation in our lobby, guest rooms, and restaurant that will continue our journey as an Aloft hotel. We are very excited. With this, music will start again in our Re:Mix area. We do hope you will come and stay with us again because it will be the place to be!

Fenton
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Hotel has just been renovated and overall is OK. Hallways and stairways need to be updated. A little to far to walk to all the clubs on Broadway. Staff was friendly but desk clerk not familair with area. We paid $188 for one night which is a bit high for this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear YogiBFenton,

We are so glad that you stayed with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Our guests' satisfaction is the most important thing to us, and I regret that we fell short in your case. Please know that your thoughts regarding the conditon of the hotel are well received. We are starting a great renovation in our lobby, guest rooms, and restaurant that will continue our journey as an Aloft hotel. We are very excited. In fact, we are almost complete on the exterior of the building. In the meantime, things like cleanliness of carpets and painting are being addressed for more immediate improvements. I do hope you allow us another opportunity in the near future to serve you so we may replace your unpleasant memories with happier ones.

SF
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I checked into the hotel in spite of the price of $169 which I thought was high for the area but I wanted to try this property since it is sort of new to the starwood chain so I stayed there. I most likely will not return unless all the other starwod properties are booked for future visits. They took over an existing hotel and put the starwood brand on it. When I stayed there the painting was underway on the floors and I hope they replace the hallway carpets which are pretty beat up and stained. I suspect this was a party hotel before because it is close to Vanderbilt University. The self parking rate is a total rip off of over $17 a night. That is super high for Nashville and if you are willing to walk 2-3 blocks you can park on a side street for free. The hotel does not have a pull in area for arrivals and you literally have to park in a traffic lane on the cross street to go inside and check in - in order to get into the overpriced garage behind the hotel. The Valet parking has the first 5 floors of parking locked up so you cannot even go park in the garage while trying to check in. Again poor planning on the part of the hotel.
The other weird thing is that you get to the 5th floor to park and you have to enter through the exit door onto the 5th floor to get to the elevator to go downstairs to check into the hotel. There is no separate garage elevator to go to the lobby. So you wander around the 5th floor looking for the elevator to go to the lobby. Very strange and not easy to find.
I was given the end room of 901 which is a large corner room with plenty of views (nothing to see) and thought that is great. However my room was next to the soda and ice machine. So for a long while and past 10pm I could hear people getting ice and sodas. So my recommendation is do not taken any room ending in 01 or 03 because you will hear the ice machines. As a platinum member I was rather surprised they gave me the room. I did not change because I was there for one night only.
What I liked?

open bar area with food to order but I did not order any. I went out to eat.
room had been remodeled which was set up well except for the lack fo electrical outlets
Nice gym with TV to exercise in.
close to I-40 freeway.

Room Tip: make sure you are not next to the ice machine. Ask the check in clerk. 01 or 03 is a room to avoi...
Dear SFjoe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you stayed with us and appreciate hearing from you.

I can understand your concern with the condition of the hotel. As we have transitioned to the great Starwood Brand, we are excited for the coming months. We will be going through a renovation that will bring with it changes in our lobby, guest rooms, and restaurant. Please know the carpets will be replaced, but in the meantime we are getting them professionally cleaned for a more immediate impact. In addtion, I regret your arrival was not seemless. We have a great new Valet Team where presence will be the focus so as to assist our guests with entering the hotel. I assure you it is not our intention for anyone to be confused or frustrated with any part of their stay. I will share your comments with them so they are aware. Furthermore, I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the location of your room. We would be happy to place you in a different location upon your next visit.

I am confident that we can provide you with a better experience, so I do hope you will give us another opporunity to demonstrate this to you.

Nashville
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I only booked this because the Hutton where I usually stay was booked (this one was the same price as a room at the Hutton, where they have a luxurious lounge, delicious restaurant/bar/room service, many more amenities, and it's clean---all things lacking at Aloft). I had booked the room when it was Hotel Indigo. I first read about the acquisition in the Nashville Post, before receiving any communication from the hotel. When I called to check on the status of my reservation, the agent did not even know about the change---and this was after the hotel had already issued a press release! After two more calls, I was assured I still had a reservation. First impression upon arrival---bad signage and the valet parker was rude. Not very welcoming. Walked in and the lounge area looked like a bad college dorm. Our room was directly across from the elevator---there is no elevator lobby---so we heard the elevator all night. The walls are paper thin, so we also heard our neighbor's tv all night. Bathroom grout was disgustingly filthy. I have never been moved to write a hotel review before. That is how bad this place was (especially for the price).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nashmac
Kim K, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Nashmac,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests so we can make improvements where needed. I truly apologize for the experiences you had before and during your stay. I assure you that the entire staff wants our guests to have only great experiences, and it is apparent we fell short in that area. Please know that we are making improvements in all areas of our hotel and service. We are very excited about the coming months where our lobby and guest rooms will take on a brand new look, bringing with it a bold, savvy and sassy atmosphere. It will be the place to be. Changes can already be seen in our exterior signage where the hotel name can definitely be seen. In addition, we are making improvements in our Valet Service where a more welcoming and prominent presence will be seen.

Again, I sincerely apologize that your visit was not everything you expected. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to prove that we believe each guest is deserving of outstanding service.

Kim Klafter

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels