“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #80 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Fantastic stay!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Aloft. Our room was excellent and the staff was very friendly. We loved the modern decorations throughout the hotel and our bed was really comfortable. Check-in and out went smooth and parking was free (unless you use the valet). We hung out at the bar one night and had a great time. The bartenders were awesome! My only complaint is that they didn't have live music, which I understand to be due to new management. They should definitely fix this since they are in Nashville! They located by all the bars in Midtown, which was nice if you wanted a break from Broadway. One recommendation would be to make sure you don't stay in a room next to the stairwell. I would imagine you could here people coming in and out constantly from the parking garage.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the stairwells!
1 Thank Cristina C
Kim K, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Cristina C,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Nashville. I am happy that your time with us was a great one! I will be sure to share your comments with our Talent Members, as they strive to provide only excellent service to our guests. Please know that we will be adding back live music once our transformation is complete. We will have a great bar area in which to showcase local talent. We hope you return soon and look forward to many opporutnities to serve you.

Kim Klafter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Thought i was checking into a NEW hotel. NOPE. They just hung a new sign (Aloft) on an older hotel (Indigo).

Hotel shows a lot of wear for a young, contemporary brand.

The parking is awful. First time in literally THOUSANDS of hotel stays where i had to park on the street, run in...check in...get permission to park...then proceed to garage and come back in with my bags. Really? Awful parking design. Heard all about this being about my 'security', but no...its really all about TERRIBLE parking design/integration. Period.

Rooms are OK, and rather large.

NOt impressed with the design at all. Corridors feature stained carpet, and features that no longer work. (Projectors in the ceiling ??? for what???).

I dont like to be misled...and i feel that way here. This is NOT a new hotel. Promises of new features to come abound, including a six foot billboard right outside my room.

Im coming back to Nashville next week, but i think i will go back to my regular hotel. I might try this again, but it will be a while.....

Room Tip: Not sure if new rooms exist. If they do....ask for one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JamesE339
Dear JamesE339,

I appreciate you staying with us while in Nashville, and I thank you for your comments. I am so sorry that you were disappointed when you arrived. Please know that we are very excited about what is coming with regards to our hotel. You will see a great transformation into savvy, sassy, and bold experiences where our Front Desk Talent Members will be right there as you walk in. Where our bar will have bright colors showing off all the great drinks we can make for you. Where you can lounge around and listen to live music at night or play a game of pool with your friends.

Again, I apologize that this trip was not everything you expected and that you felt misled, but I do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. It sounds like you may come to Nashville often, and we would love a chance to make you a life-long fan.

Kim Klafter
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

It's 3:00am and I've just checked out of room 702. I couldn't take it any longer!!!!!! As a platinum member of Starwood I usually get pretty decent rooms. This was my first stay here and they upgraded my reservation. As I arrived back at the hotel after a full day of business meetings late in the evening, I was prepared for a good nights rest, as I had a 9am flight the next morning.

I got ready for bed and began to fall asleep when suddenly I was startled by the turning on of the AC unit (to the point where I almost fell out of the bed). The AC unit was the size of a 3 ton whole house AC unit and was positioned at the head of the bed, 2 feet away from my pillow. The roaring sound of the unit was absolutely unbelievable (it was like sleeping in your AC/furnace room in your house). I turned up the degrees hoping it would keep the AC from cycling on ( as clearly the room wouldn't reach 78 degrees in October). 2 o'clock in the morning it cycled on again!!!!!! I SCREAMED!!!! It was soooooo loud!!! At that point, I've had it! I immediately prepared to leave and just head to the airport.

I went to check out and get my receipt. The agent gave me my receipt (which had an incorrect charge). I told her that particular charge was not mine and, by the way, I had a horrible stay. She totally didn't acknowledge my terrible stay and preceded to tell me she had to make sure that wasn't my charge. I'm fuming even more at this point. After 5 minutes she came back and said "ok, that's not your charge". No "I'm sorry" or anything. She precedes to print me another receipt and says "Have a great rest of your day". I couldn't believe it!!! After all I'd already experienced (not to mention it was 3:00am), this was totally unacceptable. I took my receipt and left (no energy to fight any longer).

Never again will I stay there!! Highly disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Stefsims

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our previous stay at an Aloft, was a very small efficient, but tiny room. We were very surprised our room was so spacious. The bed was very comfy and the staff was friendly.
Parking was really great, we were able to park on the floor our room was on and enter from the side door.
We were really tired when we arrived and ate at the Japanese restaurant in the hotel.
The food was quite good. Sushi a pleasant surprise for Nashville, we were impressed they had super white tuna and it was delicious.
Shower was great and we had a great nights sleep.
We will stay here again and recommend it, as it was pretty convenient from the expressway.

2 Thank IllinoisTravelnut
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed about a month after this was converted from the Hotel Indigo into the Aloft. There was not a major rehab but rather some cosmetic changes (like changing decor from blue to red).

We had no problems with customer service and housekeeping came daily (this was apparently an issue in the recent past per older reviews). There is no room service but there is a breakfast bar you can order from in the lobby. They even had some soy milk for my cereal! There were free water bottles and a Keurig machine in the room (and to-go cups with lids to use) with daily replenishment of supplies.

The bed is comfortable with plenty of pillows. There is free wi-fi. The room we stayed in was quite large with basically a wall of windows and black-out curtains.

The bathroom door is louvered, so only stay with people you like. My husband's pet peeve is a wet bathroom floor and despite the lack of door on the shower, the floor never got wet. The shower area is large and we turned the shower head toward the back wall and it worked perfectly.

Overall, it was an easy stay without any of the prior issues I had read in reviews here. I found a good pre-paid deal during the time of the transition, so it may be overpriced compared to other comparable hotels with normal rates, but for what I paid I'd stay again.

2 Thank beaglebay
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Aloft Nashville West End late on a Friday evening (Sat AM) on our way from St. Louis to Atlanta. She has a puppy, and we needed a pet-friendly hotel...Aloft fit the bill! There was no charge for her puppy. The room had Pergo flooring throughout to minimize pet stains/accidents. There was a small strip of grass to the side and rear of the property. The rooms were immaculate; no issues like other reviewers have mentioned. The staff was super attentive to our needs as we arrived at midnight. The location was easy to access from I-40 and was along the way to I-24. Granted, we didn't travel through Nashville during rush hour... I'll definitely consider this hotel in the future as my girlfriend and I travel to Atlanta frequently to visit family.

1 Thank tfurg69
North Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 5, 2012

After our booking, but prior to our arrival the hotel was bought out by Aloft, which we were never informed of except that we got a confirmation email from Aloft, which confused us a bit. In definite need of repairs. There's a lot they could do to freshen this place up. The have plastic Dixie cups in the room for water, the room looks a bit worn, and the lighting is dingy. The front desk people are nice, but not very helpful. While we were here the fire alarms were going off and the elevators were being repaired, yet the front desk couldn't tell us where the stairs were located to use?! After our day of excursions we stopped to get a 6pack of beer to drink while getting ready to go out that night. The room didn't have an opener,so I asked the front desk, they told me to ask the bartender so I asked the bartender if I could borrow an opener for the room and she said she didn't have one, while I could see one sitting on the bar. Now I understand they want you to drink in their bar but come. The location is good for the Vanderbilt/music row area.

1 Thank letsgogirl22