“Great Service, Clean but in Need of a Refresh” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Nashville West End

Aloft Nashville West End
Ranked #71 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Service, Clean but in Need of a Refresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived a couple weeks after this hotel changed from an Indigo to an Aloft. Not many changes (other than signage) had really taken place. The front desk staff (in all interactions) were beyond professional and nice. The common areas and rooms were very spacious. The floors and walls were a bit off, being warn and scuffed quite a bit.

The wifi was fast and easy to connect to. The water pressure was great and I never ran out of hot water. The toilet seat wasn't the right size for the toilet though - very strange. The bathroom does have louvered doors, which doesn't allow for much bathroom privacy if traveling with others, There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom either - so following a shower the entire room gets a little steamy.

The biggest issue with the hotel room was the power outlets. There really weren't any available. None at the desk at all, and all the ones near the bed were occupied - I had to unplug the phone and the lamp just to charge my gear.

The bar was going through a bit of a transition too - the liquor license was being changed from the prior hotel name to the Aloft and they were only allowed to serve beer - no wine or alcohol.

There are many other hotels in the area (same class). If I had to be in this area again, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor, the ample light in the morning is a great way to start the da...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TXN60613

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

When we pulled up, we had to call the valet over after waiting several minutes and my husband had to remind him to open my door. We were the only car there. My toiletry bag was lost between the car and the room and the staff assumed no responsibility and didn't even make an effort to correct it or accommodate my bath needs. The staff, although polite, were not friendly, knowledgable or helpful.

The room was large, loud and there was a column blocking one of the two televisions. The view out of the one very small window was of a large, loud, commercial a/c unit. And I'm not sure if blood red is the most suitable color for the walls in the bedroom.

I'm not sure if they employ a housekeeper as of yet, I've been waiting 2 days for a clean towel, which I really need because there is no shower door and the floor is soaked after every shower and the tiles are super slippery.

There is no room service, concierge, restaurant, mini bar, or any of the other comforts provided by most hotels. There is a small bar in the lobby that opens at 5 pm and closes early.

This hotel was clearly not ready to accommodate guests. Next time I'll be heading to The Hutton or Union Ststion,

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank JTCala

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are looking for a different style hotel then you have to check out the old Hotel Indigo, now Aloft. The rooms are huge, the staff is professional and friendly, and only a short cab ride down to the strip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I arrived in Nashville a day earlier than expected and my hotel, the Embassy Suites, was booked up, so our company travel agency put me in the Aloft. My first impression was positive -- the place is weird and modern, with very wide halls and huge rooms. But when I got to my room I found it to be surprisingly shabby, with gashes in the wall where a nightstand had been moved, cupped fake wood floors (Pergo or something like it) and -- most distressingly -- a spent can of flea and bedbug spray sitting in the middle of the floor. I was tired enough not to make a fuss, but I was glad to move the next night. I won't repeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank yelvington
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

As previously stated, this is now an Aloft. Not sure who to blame for this hot mess of garish colors and bizarre decorating choices. The room is huge but lacks basic essentials such as a door or curtain on the shower or an exhaust fan in the bathroom. Everytime someone takes a shower, the floor gets soaked and the room becomes a terrarium. Continuing this potty talk, the bathroom door is louvered so there is no acoustical privacy while using the facilities. The clock in the room is off by about 90 minutes and after analyzing it for about 15 minutes, I've concluded there's no way to change the time- you're stuck with whatever time it was when it was plugged in. House keeping is non-existent, the vinyl flooring in the room makes for poor acoustical absorption of corridor noise.

This section of West End (street) is sort of a no mans land with vacant lots and failing commercial development. May be a little too close to the expressway to be commercially viable. Commercial development improves a bit as you go west. If you're staying here for proximity to Vanderbilt, there are several closer and better choices. If you're here for Music Row, it's close but you can still do better.

The best that can be said is that the Hotel is right across the street from the West End Cafe, which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: This section of West End (street) is sort of a no mans land with vacant lots and failing commercial...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clovis Ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Well to start with the hotel changed hands to aloft but neglected to tell anyone. Because of this I forefit any priority points I would have recieved. Staff is friendly with the exception of a African American woman that answered the phone when we called from the airport when we inquired about a shuttle ( there isn't one ) when we arrived we thought the hotel was decorated awkwardly rooms are spacious and comfortable beds , windows are dirty and look like they never get cleaned. Second day room was never cleaned and when we complained they said awww sorry, did nothing . Next day room was cleaned, but not well boiler is obviously not large enough to accommodate hot showers in the morning, took a Luke warm shower coffee in the morning was warm, not hot but free. Bottled water 2.50 wow. Parking is metered on the street and not allowed during rush hour and hotel parking is 20 bucks a day ! Guess they think this is downtown San Francisco ! Won't be staying here again !

• Stayed September 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Indigo three nights requiring housekeeping on two days. On the first day we came back to the hotel mid-afternoon and noticed that our room had not been cleaned yet, so we reminded the front desk. But on the second day we didn't return until the evening and again we found the room untouched. We were furious. We were just coming in from a football game where we had been rained on and all we wanted was a nice shower and a nap in our lovely hotel room before going out that evening. When we complained we were told that they could send someone up -- but we still needed that nap and shower -- not to have to vacate the room until housekeeping finally did their job. There is no excuse for this. We were offered vouchers for breakfast the next day, which we accepted. However, once we paid for the parts of breakfast that were not covered by the voucher (which we weren't awareof until our check was delivered), the taxes, tip and some other additional charge I was never clear on -- and waited 55 minutes for our food to be delivered -- our "free" meal cost us $24. And one of the orders wasn't even correct. So, no thanks to the Indigo again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple