“Will Definitely Be Back”
Review of Caney Fork

Caney Fork
Ranked #72 of 2,052 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The #1 Restaurant Attraction in Nashville. Southern Camp-Style Restaurant with top rated food, awesome service, interesting decor and a fun atmosphere.
“Will Definitely Be Back”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are in town for the week, and it is safe to say that we will eat at this establishment several times during our stay. The atmosphere is a little eccentric, but the food and service are outstanding. It has been quite some time since i have eaten somewhere and had a hard time deciding what to order because there were so many good options...if you like southern cooking, i very highly recommend this place!

1 Thank jiddins

Campbell, New York, United States
“fast, friendly service. excellent food.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were on a tight schedule to get to a show at the Grand Ole Opry, needed to find a restaurant and happened to turn into Caney Fork. We were NOT disappointed. the food was excellent. my husband had a Catfish platter of some sort that had a little bit of everything. He also ordered ribs. (I have never enjoyed ribs but ate about half of his and wanted more. they were so good....very little grizzle and the meat slid right off the bone.) the deep-fried pickle chips were the perfect combination of batter and pickle. I ordered the salmon, campfire potatoes and mixed veggies. There was also a live band playing. We'll go back if we ever make it to Nashville again. my only regret was the we didn't explore the restaurant and the waitress, while perfectly competent at her job, didn't suggest we take a look around to see the catfish pool.

1 Thank TMHammer
Sunbury, United Kingdom
“Three visits during our stay so must have been decent”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good food and great choice . A few unusual things available . The ribs and steaks were first class. Nice surroundings and fast friendly service. The only criticism is that being British I do like hot food scalding hot but I notice that everywhere I have eaten although not cold it is not as hot as I prefer.

Would definitely recommend here.

“Simply not worth it...”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We walk in around 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon and the hostess immediately asks us if we want to sit in the bar...??? Wait....WHAT?? Do we look likes lushes or something? Anyway, instead of seating us toward the back or in one of the many, many open booths, we were seated at a little table at the bottom of a ramp, which leads up to the indoor catfish pond(and many more booths)...that way everyone who wanted to see the pond, the latter patrons who WERE seated up there, and all the servers got to walk by and breathe on our food...yuk!!

So, our server greeted us, though not very friendly (come to think of it, onky one server was) and brought us our waters. We decided to immediately get up to go wash our hands. As we returned to our table our server watched us sit back down, and no sooner than I got my straw in my glass, she was standing there asking us if we were ready to order.....??? Can I have a chance to at least OPEN the menu first?????? Geez.

Prices: so not worth it!!

I ordered the red onion rings as an appetizer. The batter had ZERO flavor...I actually had to salt them! Then, approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds later, our entrees came out. Not cool.

My wife went for the house salad. $7 for lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and dressing. The lettuce was mostly yellow with dark brown spots. The ranch was watery.

I had the "buffalo" chicken sandwich with fries. The batter was crispy outside, but slimy inside. That coupled with the fact the chicken meat was tough, created a situation in which every bite caused the chicken to slide easily out of not only its batter, but the bread as well. I asked for them to 86 the tomatoes, and for a side of blue cheese. Guess what. Big juicy tomatoes right on top, and just like the ranch the blue cheese was runny.....almost like some Dollar General brand dressings or something!

Then, halfway through the meal, both water glasses sitting on the edge of the table....EMPTY, the manager had to go get our server to come give us refills(she was busy sitting in a booth talking to other servers).

Nasty food that is WAY overpriced, extremely poor service, but great decor= we will NEVER waste our time or money again!!!

Los Angeles, California
“More for the Outsdoorsmen in heart. City-slickers beware.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On Sunday's, up to two children eat for free per adult entree purchased.

OK, I admit to being a domesticated hillbilly. I live in Los Angeles, but am a country-boy thruogh and through. That being said, if I would have brought my city friends here, I would have caught more grief than they have catfish. Alligators, wild-game, and trail friendly fixin's are great ofr those expecting it. We had a great time, however make sure your part know's what to expect!

• Visited May 2013