“If you are wanting a 'private double', I would consider going to a motel”
Review of Music City Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Music City Hostel
Reviewed October 19, 2009

When I booked our private double room I was under the impression we would get a room like the one on the front of their website (picture of a nice double bed). But it ended up being one of the dorm rooms which had a double bunk although we had the room to ourselves. The first night was ok, but the second night we were transferred to another dorm room (as they had got the booking dates wrong). The second room was really scummy. I thought they might have cleaned it out after the others had left, but no, it was skanky pillows, hairs, used band-aids & crumbs on the floor, dusty surfaces etc. plus the plastic sheeting on the bed had rips in it and instead of getting a replacement sheet, they used duct tape to patch it up. Plus there was only one bathroom for a lot of people. For the $70 I paid for this hostel I would pay a little extra and get a proper double, with ensuite.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AngelaB50

Reviewed September 16, 2009

We just turned up to music city hostel & were greeted to people enjoying the sunshine out on the decks singing along to a lad playing his guitar = perfect!! the staff were really friendly & said they had room for us so we were put in a room with a huge kitchen which was great!! the garden is a great place to just sit & talk to everyone else staying at the hostel & have a sing song!! you can make your own breakfast in the kitchen.. theres always ingredients available to make pancakes -yum!! it's only a half hour walk tops to get to downtown nashville where all the bars & live music are!! the walk is along a busy road so it's very safe as the restaurants & garages are open 24 hours!! the hostel is in a great location.. the staff are very helpful & the rooms are spacious & clean!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2009

People relaxing on the deck and the kind and friendly service given on arrival gave me good vibes! Music City Hostel has a homely feel and I loved waking up every morning and walking out onto the garden/courtyard area on my way to the kitchen where I ate my first ever waffles - ingredients compliments of the hostel! The big buzz of downtown nightlife is only 20 - 30 minutes walk, or a short cab ride. The lovely green areas of Centennial Park and Vanderbilt University with close by restaurants are a few blocks away.

I felt safe throughout my entire stay at this hostel - how important a priority this is for other travellers might only be appreciated until such a time as when one has an unpleasant experience staying where registration is somewhat lax.

Music City Hostel is particularly memorable because it was so lovely to come home at the end of the day and enjoy sitting in the wonderful atmosphere on the deck or in the front courtyard area - often with musicians playing and singing.

There's a hostel somewhere in Bariloche, Argentina which just about matches this hostel for its fun friendly atmosphere. Understandably my one-week stay at Music City hostel turned into two!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank CarolynDeH
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Our host was so friendly - everything was really laid back and nice. Lots of budding country music stars stay here on a permanent basis trying to get into the industry.

It is a bit away from the town so expect to walk a long way back or like us all share a taxi back. Found Nashville to have some really good music with packed bars - but it was a Saturday night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I did not have very high expecatations, I thought it would just be a cheap place to lay my head but I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great, very warm and provided amazing information about the city, where to eat, where to go, how to get there....The rooms were cleaner than I was anticipating. I stayed in an all girls room in bunk beds with our own private bathroom. The paint was new, the bathrooms were new, the floors were clean, the beds were clean. All the rooms actually locked with a passcode so I felt very safe. They have free parking, which is a $20 a day value. It is fairly close to downtown (it took me about 20 minutes to walk) and close to Vanderbilt and Cenntennial Park. You just have to realize that it is a hostel, there will be cool people to meet and hang out with, but its not a 5 star hotel. If you know that going in you will have a great time.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2009

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I am sold! I brought my 14-year-old daughter and her friend here for a week. The staff are fantastic. The place is clean, organized, and very well run. Wonderful sense of community. Great location -- very convenient to downtown Nashville. Off-street parking, ample access to bathrooms, well stocked/equipped kitchen. These guys really care about your total experience. They are understandably proud of their facilities and service. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2009

They were in a middle of a refub, so I only stayed a couple of nights. But the place was clean and the staff lovely.

The location wasnt as close to the centre as I thought it was but still not miles away.

Internet was fantastic, very fast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo