“New hostel still getting onto its feet. Great location and awesome staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Music City Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Music City Hostel
“New hostel still getting onto its feet. Great location and awesome staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am reviewing the Nashville Downtown Hostel (Music City's sister hostel).

This hostel is brand new and so is everything in it. It's a nice change going to a hostel with new and modern bathrooms and decor.

Best thing about this hostel is the location!

The service was awesome, had some great conversations with staff and they were incredibly helpful.

Hostel is kept pretty clean and they have a good cleaning system in the kitchen. Kitchen is well equipped, cooked there lots!

Kind of strange that the washing machines and dryers were behind the front desk. Found it quite awkward throwing your dirty undies into a washing machine there.

Common room is massive with sofas, tables and chairs, a piano and guitars. A really great area but needs a TV or background music. Was kind of an awkward, echoey atmosphere when no one was busting out their skills on the instruments! Just a small thing but I think it would attract a lot more people to the common area.

Rooms are clean, new and basic. They don't have any wall hooks or a chair so there's nowhere to hang your towel let alone any clothes you need to decrease after being crammed in your suitcase! I imagine you could hang towels on dorm bunk beds but there's literally no where in private rooms.

Girls toilet paper was almost always out every morning. They definitely need to do something about that!

Not a bad hostel, I'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank jsek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
South Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was at the newer Down Town Hostel, not the other one. It was fantastic!! Could not fault it. Very friendly staff, great location, felt very safe. You are less than 4 min walk to Broadway! It's on the same block. Just on the opposite side.
I have stayed in a lot of hostels and this is an awesome one. I love how the rooms are not numbered, but named after songs and their singers!
A++++++++

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Was only here for one night with a friend, but we wish we could have stayed longer!!! Awesome atmosphere - completely renovated building downtown Nashville...definitely dig the contemporary urban living and decor!!! GREAT location and super helpful staff. This hostel has got their act together. Apparently they have been running the one in midtown for 9 years I think...I don't know anything about that one, but the downtown hostel is worth every penny and then some!! Thanks to Ron and crew for welcoming us! Best wishes for continuing to make this place a wonderful community! My only suggestion is to improve signage ASAP as it was difficult to find (drove past it like 3 times)! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a four-person room that actually had a bunk that included a double mattress on the bott...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I travelled to Nashville as a solo female traveller so I was looking for somewhere safe and easy to get around from. The bus stop to take you downtown is about 5 minutes walk away, and one to take you to Hillsboro Village (Pancake Pantry is the best brunch I've ever had - recommended!) is about an 8 minute walk away.
I think another reviewer summed up the atmosphere of the hostel perfectly:
"You will have had beds more comfortable, bathrooms more clean and bigger pools. But it all of that is irrelevant because it is on big party. Singer songwriters stay here, as a source of continuous music, cigarettes are bummed and beers are shared. Unless you have an OCD or hate to meet new people the music city hostel is the place to be in Nashville"
It's really easy to meet other travellers to join up with, or just take a day trip with. My favourite times of my whole trip come from sitting in the chairs outside this hostel, drinking beer, listening to music and making some new friends. Nashville, and Music City have my heart.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cait_G1311-
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed in a private room for 2 nights. Room was noisy, you can hear every whisper/shout/song from the other guests. Whole building smelt awful from the guests who sleep in the curtained off side of the hallway.
Room wasn't clean - used earplugs on floor next to bed, shaving foam & hairs on sink in room. Plastic mattress covers on bunk have several rips, mended by duct tap. We felt unsafe & watched by other guests.
I don't usually give TA reviews but having booked directly through the hostel (found hostel through Lonely Planet) this is my only way of letting others know of our experience. Pay the same amount to stay in a hotel (choose a safer area though!).

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank NessErasmus
, Manager at Music City Hostel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
We apologize for failing to meet our guest's expectation. We, the owners and Music City Hostel family of long term staff, have high expectations of our operation and we feel terrible when we fall short of our guest's expectation. We've taken on some temporary help during busy summer season and not all of our temporary staff share our commitment to excellence. We pledge to do better job at training temporary summer staff.

Our hostel tend to be more social, engaging and lively than a typical hotel, motel, and other hostel. We have singers/song writers and interesting and friendly travelers from around the world who have greatest time. 11pm~8am is quiet hours and we shut down any excess noise but it is not uncommon to hear background music, laughter, and generic noise of lively atmosphere in the back ground.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Really nice hostel, very clean and sociable and a very friendly atmosphere. Had guests of all ages as well. Would suggest it's a really good place to stay in Nashville. Only drawback is the location, about 20-30 minute walk from town... Though that isn't really an issue because there are buses. It was only an issue for us because we decided to walk in the searing heat... Our mistake! Staff are really nice, especially one british girl with red hair, who I immediately got on with because she lived very near me back home!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clbear22
Delft, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed in the Music City Hostel for 3 nights on my solo-roadtrip through the US. Recovering from the worst hangover in the history of mankind I arrived as a walk-in guest in the middle of summer. Although they didnt promise me a room at arrival they told me to wait till 1 and then they would be able to tell, they offered to look after my enormous backpack in case I wanted to see the city. I decided to hang around, smoke a pack of cigarettes in the garden which was also fine to them.

The Music City Hostel is an amazing place. You will have had beds more comfortable, bathrooms more clean and bigger pools. But it all of that is irrelevant because it is on big party. Singer songwriters stay here, as a source of continuous music, cigarettes are bummed and beers are shared. Unless you have an OCD or hate to meet new people the music city hostel is the place to be in Nashville

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo