“Good location and clean”
Review of Music City Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Music City Hostel
Quesnel, Canada
“Good location and clean”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Very reasonable price compared to surrounding hotel rooms if going solo. Location is pretty good, it took 25-30 minutes for me to walk downtown from here. Looked pretty safe.
I saw them cleaning multiple times during my week here, which is always a good thing.
My only real beef is the small number of bathrooms. When the hostel isn't full it's not too bad, the weekend I was there it was full though and it took forever to get in there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kootenay23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here as part of an organised tour on Boxing Day (26th Dec). We had an entire block for our group and there were 2 bunk beds per room, in 4 rooms, with one bathroom (with a shower) and another toilet. The rooms were all clean and a good size so you weren't falling over yours/other people's stuff - they're also really nicely decorated (see the photo) and there was good WiFi signal and it was pretty quick. Also being bungalows, you don't have any problems with noise from rooms above or below you, so had a very good night's sleep. Breakfast consisted of making your own waffles from mix and water and kitchen/office area had a good selection of maps/leaflets to help you plan what to do. We drove into Nashville so I'm not sure how long the walk would take, but I'd guess a taxi'd be about $12 or so with a tip.

Overall, a really great place to stay and fits in really well with the rest of Nashville.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed here with friends a couple of months ago and had an awesome time. The staff here are great, and are always happy to help, and basically just feel like part of the group. Most evenings we were there we had campfires with beer and of course plenty of music. There is always the sound of a guitar a banjo or a mandolin being played from somewhere at this hostel and in this way in completely embodies the music city.

The rooms are fairly basic, but clean. The free breakfast basically consists of making your own pancakes from mixture, and it's a 20 minute walk into town, but none of this matters. This place has an amazing atmosphere and vibe that is well worth the rest of the slightly more basic features.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
darwin
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This Hostel was one of the best I have stayed at in the USA. The people who run the hostel are fantastic. The room rate is amazing, I payed $75 for 3 very enjoyable nights. Breakfast in supplied in a very basic means of make your own toast or pancakes. A few blocks away from the main street of Nashville, where you can get a cab to the more Downtown parts of Nashville. Very safe and friendly area to stay in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This hostel was clean and in a great location. We parked the car and walked the rest of the time. The staff was very helpful with restaurant reccomendations (of which I am usually pretty picky) and with directions. Definitely a place I would return to next time I am in Nashville.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bridget H
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I always begin my hostel reviews with a caveat...I am only young at heart, no longer in body. And, I was traveling with my 12 year old daughter. This means I am not the typical hostel customer...so read on with that in mind.

Music City Hostel was not far from downtown Nashville and said the magic words…”Yes, we have a private room.” When we entered the yard, I stifled a giggle. A four-man welcoming committee was soaking in the bright blue blow-up pool on the front lawn. (At this point, my pre-teen daughter turned to me with an expression I had come to know quite well on this 50-day road trip…”Really, Mom???”)

Karma was definitely working in my favor today. I was able to transport myself from the hot to the warm seat by empowering said disgruntled daughter…she would get to choose either our pre-reserved standard private room (accessed through a dorm room with a shared bath) or the proffered upgrade (a private room in the condo out back with our own bath). It took her two seconds to choose the condo that we would share with only two other young women. (A little kink in the upgrade...we were instructed not to use the full kitchen or living room. The hostel kitchen, although I never stepped foot in there to cook, was just fine.)

After lugging our ten ton bags up two flights of stairs and down the never ending hallway, we walked into a 2- bedroom/2-bath condo. Very barren, but decent. Kind of a bummer not to be able to use the entire place, but we were happy just to have a private room and our own bath.

We met our English roommates about 1 a.m. the first "night"…and, were reintroduced the next "night" at 4 a.m. So sleep was a tad challenged, but everyone was very friendly so it was okay in the end.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WanderingEXHousewife
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This is a place I have stayed three times this year. In February, I spent two and a half weeks. I spent another week in April and one more for good measure in May. I keep coming back not only because it's the best deal in town for short-term stay but also because there's a palpable sense of community.

The common area may be very small compared to other hostels, but that's also what makes Music City Hostel so warm and inviting. Grab a guitar off the wall, or plug in your laptop, and just watch the hours go by. Sometimes there's no need to seek entertainment elsewhere in town; watching the tourists pour in from all over the world can provide enough entertainment!

The owners are very hands-on and you will meet them and their dog every day. These are people who care about you, will ensure you are roomed with the right people, will even go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Much the same can be said about the staff at the hostel. They're all very friendly and helpful. Be careful, or you might just make some friends!

Also, a lot of people at the hostel are musicians. Be prepared for an impromptu jam session at any time of day. They're very respectful about quiet hours, but you might just find people singing and playing guitars in front of the place overnight. This is great to come home to.

The location is great. It's a short walk or a bus ride to either downtown (Broadway) or the very trendy Vanderbilt area (bars, shopping, coffee). There's also a Walgreen's right nearby and plenty of fast food eating options. If you call for a cab or a shuttle, they know exactly where Music City Hostel is and will be there very quickly.

The only marks where I give this place only 4 stars out of 5 are for sleep quality and rooms. That's because the rooms are very bare-bones and, as you might expect, you're packed in with a few other people. But again, this is not a horrible drawback. The owners take pride in their ability to match boarders up with likeminded folks whenever possible. Also, you may very well be sharing a toilet and shower with half a dozen other people, so you'll have to wait your turn. Just be cool and respectful, and try not to let the door slam when you stumble in after 3 in the morning.

Room Tip: Phone ahead about availability and speak with Ron.