“Quirky!”

Merchants Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Merchants Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,031 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: 4th Avenue
Houston
“Quirky!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Coooool staff and vibe! Really enjoyed that first and foremost. My meal was also very good. Overall, really enjoyed the place, despite a wicked hangover! :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Olympia
“WOW!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Walked in at 5:00 p.m. without a reservation. First time. We were seated immediately. I ordered the smoked brisket and my cousin ordered jambalaya. Although I was given a sharp knife, it was completely unnecessary. The brisket was so very tender and flavorful, I was in beef heaven.

Most importantly, at least four servers came to the table to assist us including the one assigned to our table.

And, the peach cobbler with the butter pecan ice cream and caramel was amazing.

If you have a chance to visit Merchants Restaurant. DO IT!!!

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good food, great location”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, this is a nice place with tasty pub style food. They accept reservations which was helpful on a busy Friday night.
The sweet potato fries were awesome.

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Horrible food”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Picked at random while walking broadway. Apps at the bar were OK but mains - Cesar salad (to much dressing to eat) and steaks (bland, very fatty) were horrible. Extremely disappointing...

1 Thank ChiggsTO
Louisville, Kentucky
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were recommended this place at the last minute by a couple in our shuttle over to Broadway from the hotel. So glad we listened!

First, when they take your name for a table, they take your phone number and text you when your table is ready. This way, we were able to go to a bar nearby for our long wait instead of sitting around. I thought this was such a good idea, especially for an area where there is so much to do.

There are two menus: an upstairs and a downstairs. We ate in the downstairs area which is more casual. They give every table a cup of this delicious, garlicky popcorn to start off with. I couldn't get enough of this. We ordered the duck fat tater tots as an appetizer and they were fantastic. They were just super, extra crispy delicious tots with three different dipping sauces.

I ordered steak frites with French fries and mixed greens. The only bad thing about this was that I wanted it with filet, but they were out so I had to get flat iron. It was still very delicious. I got it with bearnaise sauce, which was delicious. My one friend ordered fish tacos, which she said were amazing. My other friend ordered the 12 oz ribeye with smashed yukons and mushrooms and he ate every last bit on his plate.

The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the dessert. We shared the crème brulee and it was cold throughout with a very inadequate top which makes me think that it was premade. Any time I've had crème brulee it has been warm with a super crispy top. This being said, it was still really yummy and, even though we were stuffed, we ate it all.

I would definitely make a reservation for this place, though. This time the wait was only about thirty minutes. I attempted to eat there again recently on a weekend night, but the wait was going to be about an hour and we were just too hungry to wait.

• Visited September 2013