“A Touch of South Beach in Nashville”
Review of Cabana

Cabana
Reserve with OpenTable
Cabana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 2,178 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hillsboro West End
Cross street: 19th Ave.
Reviewed September 11, 2014

Beautiful, beautiful restaurant. I had passed what I guess is the back of Cabana many times traveling back and forth from my hotel to Vanderbilt. During the day it appeared to be a restaurant converted from an old garage {?}. I never did find out if that was the case. However it was cool looking.

My brother and I went there one night just to grab drinks and get away from the hospital for awhile. It is located very close to Vanderbilt hospital. Since we were just having drinks, the hostess set us in the back area which was very cute. The floors if I recall correctly were concrete. There were a couple of cabanas in the back area and open seating with views of the parallel street. All very swanky and nice, putting me in the mind of something you may find on South Beach. Walking back from the hostess stand to the back bar, all of the cabanas were nice. The restaurant was busy and we noticed lots parties, mainly what appeared to be bachelorette and birthday parties.

Our drinks were good and the service was good. We had a little food to cushion the alcohol, however, I don't recall what we had.

I enjoyed the atmosphere so much. That along will bring me back and I am sure I will try the food again.

I think it's a must see and try spot for anyone visiting Nashville or looking for a nice evening out. It was cozy also. Perhaps a great date night spot.

1  Thank Ty S

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We went here for a bachelorette dinner and we weren't the only ones - the restaurant was overrun with bachelorette parties! It's easy to see why - it's a large space that can accommodate big parties, and the small plates are great for sampling and sharing. The service was excellent, especially considering that we were such a large party with a lot of requests. Food was very good, although I wouldn't call it great. The restaurant is lively and a bit on the loud side - would definitely recommend this for any special occasion group outing!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

My wife and I went to Cabana for a Sunday night out. It's located in a cool part of town, off Hillsboro Village. The "cabanas" are large booths with drawable curtains. They could probably seat 8 comfortably, though it was just the two of us that night.

We decided to just get small plates and taste items. Everything was good. The atmosphere was nice. It seemed like it was more of a club atmosphere than a sit down restaurant and that's fine. The only problem was we ordered some blue cheese potato chips that were very stale. When I mentioned it, the server took them back and returned a few minutes later with fresh ones. She agreed with our complaint and didn't charge us for the new ones. That wasn't necessary, but it was a bonus.

We'll definitely go back, although maybe it would be better late night.

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Nothing impressive. I ordered the fried green tomatoes, pork pot stickers, and sweet potato biscuits. Biscuits were cold, and there was so much sauce and cream cheese in and on the tomatoes that I couldn't taste the tomatoes. The pot stickers were ok. Service was very good. Very young crowd which didnt bother this 50 something. Expected better. Maybe my tastes are just more mature than what Cabana has to offer. This was a one-and-done visit.

1  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

This place should be on your list. Excellent space, great staff and food. On this night I hosted several co-workers and our spouses for dinner at Cabana. Not a single complaint and all plates were cleaned. Beautiful space which could be used for special events (see the large back room)