“Roasted, Salted Peanuts”
Review of The Peanut Shop

The Peanut Shop
Ranked #31 of 118 Shopping in Nashville
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I went to this shop hoping to see "Mr. Peanut" outside. However his costume was hanging gingerly from the ceiling inside the shop. The owner said he was now retired because it was difficult to find someone to stand outside in the hot with black tights and a hard peanut shell on. But, I was pleased to find that the quality of the roasted, salted peanuts was the same or better than I remember as a child. The peanuts were large and very fresh. I was happy the owner allowed me to sample anything I wanted to. When I returned home I was disappointed I had not purchased a larger quantity of peanuts. It will be a while before I get to another Peanut Shop because there isn't one in the city where I live. But, if I ever can get to another one I will surely remember the excellent quality of those delicious peanuts from The Peanut Shop at 19 Arcade in Nashville, TN.

1  Thank mefohiker

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I work across the street from the Arcade where the Peanut Shop is located! I visit about twice a week for popcorn! Best popcorn in the area! I love the staff, I walk in and they immediately know "large bag of popcorn" sometimes I mess them up when I ask for an ice cream cone instead! Best ice cream cones around as well!

They are reasonably priced and over the years I've gotten to know the Owners/Staff and they've gotten to know me!

1  Thank Karri F
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Our local Mr. Peanut shop in Raleigh closed many years ago, so it was a real treat to stop in this one. The proprietress was very friendly and offered samples of anything we wanted to taste. Although it added an hour or so to our trip, it was very much worth it. The peanuts and chocolate covered nuts were very fresh. I wish that we still had one of these closer by home.

1  Thank Ed P
Reviewed January 26, 2012

A hidden treasure. The best fresh roasted nut meats I have ever tasted. The cashews are especially tasty.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I can't tell you how many times I walked past this store because the front display was all over the place. I actually walked in todAy and this store became my favorite shop I'm the city.

From boiled peanuts to malt chocolate they even had regular old school soft serve. The service was great, the people friendly and everything so organized. I can't wait to go back again.

2  Thank eager2c