“Fun place..many laughs!”

Zanies Comedy Showcase
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to Zanies this past weekend (for my b-day) to see Rich Guzzy, master Hypnotist. I admit, I was a doubter. But after his hilariously funny show, I doubt no more!! I have never laughed so hard and for so long.. Ever!! The staff was friendly, place well organized, and kept the show on schedule. My husband & I will definitely be back to see future performers..thank you Zanies..my birthday was great!!

1  Thank Stephanie F
in 7 reviews
"purchase"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Zanies is a great place to see top comedic talent in Nashville. The venue is small, so the atmosphere is intimate and interactive. It was a little chilly when we went, so I'd recommend bringing a light jacket or sweater. Servers are cheerful and helpful. Parking was limited but they have an organized system that works well. Zanies is relatively close to Vanderbilt and 15 minutes from downtown.

There is a 2 food/beverage item minimum purchase. This isn't a negative, but the food is mostly fried and loaded with sodium, so plan on blowing your diet if you come hungry. My French dip was OK at best, and my husband felt the same about his chicken strips basket.

1  Thank holta1988
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The only negative I have about Zanies is the location being away from the rest of the Nashville night life. Even though I dont care for the location, its not a grievable issue considering all of the positives. GREAT guests there! We've been to see some really great (and popular) acts there including our favorite, Ralphie May. Not a bad seat in the house and the food's not too bad. I had just been at a comedy club in Denver that made me appreciate Zanies even more.

1  Thank wccope
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went to Zanies this past weekend to see Craig Shoemaker. Excellent show! Zanies is a nice club. We had good seats on a bar counter facing the stage, we weren't crowded sitting there like you can be at the tables. Got some food, Fried Mushrooms and French Fries, both good. Good selection of alcohol. We took a cab to the club from downtown, took about 10 minutes and it was easy to get a cab back. Had fun, nice clean club, would recommend going to see a comedian there and will go again.

3  Thank Stonecity57
See more reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to the late show and had to stand out in the freezing cold weather for about 45 minutes. Once I got past that Zanies seemed to be quite organized. I was seated one row back from the stage. The comedians were all good. Remember, you have to order a drink and something to eat. I had one of their special coffee drinks and the French dip sandwich. Both were good! The prices were average for the food you get. This place is a little on the small side as we were packed closely on the floor level. So if you don’t like being right on top of someone else you might not like the seating arrangements here. There was a balcony; however, I never went up there. Parking was another issue. Do NOT park in undesignated lots as your vehicle will be towed. Overall, a good experience!

1  Thank VaSpeters56