“Lots of laughs”

Zanies Comedy Showcase
Ranked #11 of 30 Fun & Games in Nashville
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went to see J B Smoove - he was very nasty. It was funny at first but got old quick. Overall the venue was nice. I would go back. The food was bar food and there are absolutely NO healthy choices on the menu (well a black bean burger with chips - I didn't try). My hubby had the fish basket and fries and I went with the wings. Wings served with no celery or carrots (that would be too healthy) They were very spicy - I only ate a few.

You have to buy at these 2 items per person on top of the $20 per person plus tax and service charge. I would eat BEFORE I go next time and have a couple of beers. Service was good. Parking easy. No complaints really. After all it is a comedy club not a restaurant.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"purchase"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The tickets could not be at a better price. I have been to Zanies twice and have had a great experience both times. The ticket prices are low, but the "catch" is that you have to order 2 items from the menu. I am a social drinker so that is not a problem for me. But they have several food choices (basic bar food) and other drinks that are not alcoholic. The waiter that we had was very friendly and came to our table almost immediately after we sat down. He came back to check on us 3 or 4 times during the show and removed dirty plates and empty bottles efficiently. So not only was the show amazing (Garfunkel & Oates) the service was great as well. I would recommend Zanies to anyone looking for a great laugh!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I went there on a date night and saw Jay Pharoah. He was pretty funny. The opening acts were horrible though. It could've been an off night there [but it was a Friday night].

The actual comedy house has a nice set-up and almost anywhere you sit it seems the stage is still very close. The service was good and the staff were friendly. The waitress came around too often in the middle of a punch line.

To no fault of the comedy house, they sat a lady next to us who smelled like someone cracked open a bottle of cheap perfume all over her. I could barely breathe (that was some comedy for my wife while we sat through the boredom of the opening acts).

Would I return here? Not unless a Comedy King were performing. Other than that... no. It was $44 for both of us plus $20 for two drinks. If you sign up for their e-mail newsletter they send you coupons for 50% off ticket prices.

Get there early like 30 minutes before the show starts to get in line outside, the further back in line you are the worse the seats you'll get. You can purchase tickets online.

I think we'll stick to Ryman's Auditorium.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We visited zanies for the first time last night and we had fun. The acts were good and funny, but the service was horrible. We had a young guy waiting on us, and we probably would have drank 50.00 more in alcohol if we could have ever gotten any!! We were there for 2 hours and i got served 2 small margaritas, you guys have to do something about your waiters!!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a really nice comedy club just outside of downtown Nashville. I have seen a lot of big names here along with some no names that were funny. Their drinks are pretty good and their food is surprisingly really good. I've had the chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks. The drink the "Zanies Zipper" is really good too.
We recently saw Chris Kattan here and the 2 opening acts were pretty good and Kattan was great. Zanies is really good about having a nice area for the comedians to chill and hang around with the people afterwards. I've found it easy to get pictures with people here. If you sign up for their email list they will send you emails about $5 shows pretty often. Overall as good as it gets for a comedy club that's not in LA or NY.