“As Expected!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Salt Lake City, Utah
“As Expected!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The stockyard is a great Steakhouse, rivaling Ruths Chris and Morton. The service is top notch. Steaks are cooked as requested, and very good. My only complaint is the price is expensive, easily costing more than a dinner at Ruths Chris. Also on our second trip, we were given a "Dry Aged" menu which featured beef dry aged rather than traditional wet aged. Well the cost is about double. Someone in our party accidentally ordered the dry aged proterhouse, and we didnt know untill we saw the $99 tag for it.. I just thought a little deceiving. Also the servers are a little cocky, but that may be as expected for an upscale place. We still enjoyed our meals, and will make The Stockyard a part of our Nashville trips. I will also point out they have a great free shuttle service from most hotels. This was nice as we had 10 in our party. I dont like the tipping part, more so when the meal was as expensive as it was.

Visited January 2013

Thomasville, North Carolina
“A jewel in Nashville”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you like to dine instead of "eating out", then the Stockyard is the place to go. My husband & I enjoyed dinner there while in town visiting on business. The wait staff was wonderful and the food was absolutely delicious. They offer a shuttle to area hotels which is great. All we had to do was be in the lobby and the driver came in and picked us up. Both drivers were very friendly and helpful. This will definitely be a place for us to visit again when in Nashville.

Visited January 2013
Michigan
“WHAT AN AMAZING STEAK / EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First and formost - be prepared to spend BIG BUCKS for a meal at this restaurant. They have dry aged beef in a variety of different cuts. I had lobster bisque - It was so good, I wanted to lick the bowl out! I had a filet mignon medium that was tender and juicy - it was the best steak I've ever had in my life. They had sides of mac n cheese, green beans, and potato's that were very good as well.

The evening started when we arrived and were seated. We were greated by each person as we walked to our designated dinning room. The main waiter gave us a background on the restaurant with a history lesson on the stock yards in Nashville, who owned the building, that when it was made over into a restaurant, they kept the original design intregrity of the builidng down to the rose colored marble and furnishings. It was a very unique dinning experience.

I enjoyed this meal completely. I'm sure the desert was amazing as well, but everyone was so full from the appetizer tray that held grilled pork chops, grilled chicken, grilled Ahi Tuna, crab cakes and shrimp, to the steak and sides and the lobster that we shared, there was no room for desert.I highly recommend this restaurant not only for the food, but for the atmosphere and historical experience.

• Visited January 2013
Ann Arbor, MI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality, Service & Atmosphere...at a price.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant with an amazing variety of excellent choices, especially all kinds of regular and aged steaks. Service was superb, with old school charm. Save your money; it's one of the most expensive places I've ever been. A shuttle for pickup and delivery was a nice plus.

• Visited January 2013
“Expensively delicious”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food was outstanding and the service was even better. Not sure I've ever had better service anywhere. The menu is VERY pricey but we called ahead and knew what we were getting into.
The shuttle picked us up from our hotel. Probably would not have found the place otherwise.
All in all. Great food, service, atmosphere. We will be back.