“Extremely Expensive - Poor Food”
Review of Stock-Yard Restaurant - CLOSED

Stock-Yard Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Never again will we make reservations at an out-of-town restaurant without checking the reviews! I don't make vacation plans without Trip Advisor, why did we spend almost the same amount on this dinner?

Where do I start? Martinis made exactly opposite of what we specified. Limp salad; overcooked crusty macaroni & cheese; but worst of all, an expensive filet mignon oscar cooked as ordered, served hot with an ICE COLD scoop of crab meat and lukewarm bearnaise! Then, for over $100 per person. . . microwaved. Enough said.

There are newer reviews for Stock-Yard Restaurant

Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you want a nice, romantic, old school place to get a steak, then this is the place for you. It's not a bad idea to have a reservation. If you want to celebrate something special or impress a date, then this is a good choice.

1  Thank StraightTalk
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a special night out, and chose the Stockyard because of a friend's recommendation. It was a wonderful night! I love historic buildings, and try to avoid chain restaurants like Morton's... in my opinion they lack personality, and I believe in supporting local businesses. The feel of the Stockyard is amazing! Very intimate and cozy, while still high-class enough to make you feel spoiled. Our server was friendly and very knowledgable about the building and the menu, sharing the history of the building with us with obvious pride. They have a bottle of wine in the lobby that is the oldest bottle in the U.S.!
My husband got the Dry Aged Cowboy ribeye, another enlightening experience! I had never heard of dry aging before, as I guess it is very rare (due to the expense). It was amazingly tender and flavorful. My husband the giant foodie rated it in his top two steaks ever. I got the sea bass, which was wonderful as well.
All in all- it was an expensive night for sure, but one we will always remember. We have had many meals that were as expensive but not memorable, and where my husband (who is a 6'4" foodie-with-an-appetite) left hungry due to small portions at fancy restaurants. Not so here- we took the shuttle downtown happy, full, and satisfied.

1  Thank Ana616
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was told this was a pricy restaurant. Older/wiser. Not for the hard working middle class. Internet menu for Stock Yard did not have prices. Never again will I visit a place that does not put their prices on the menu. The cheapest Entree' was Chicken and it was $39.00. My husband ordered a kobi steak nothing came with it and it was $69.00, and we both had salads. My Cesar salad was the size of Wendy's small cesar. We both had water and he had a gin and tonic that was $7.00. Everything is pretty much al la carte. I order the jumbo shrimp with mashed potatoes, it was $39.00. I asked to switch mashed potatoes with a baked potatoes. I was politely told we do not do substitutions; all the vegetable sides were $9.00. When my shrimp arrived I asked for cocktail sauce. I only had eight Shrimp to begin with, by the time I received my cocktail sauce I had three left. I was charged $2.00 for cocktail sauce. It came in a small glass container that might have been two ounces. We only tipped 15%.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Please come back. Please make it like it was. It's in a crusty part of town but wish it could be one of the steak joints of Nashville. It's just not.

1  Thank sgordon70