“Dump? Jailhouse?”

Super 8 Nashville Downtown
Ranked #137 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Room was clean and neat. However--blankets had large holes and hotel staff refused to replace them. Staff also refused to give us extra towels, pillows, or a cot. We were given 2 bath towels for 5 people. Pool was closed for the season in August despite appearing well maintained. Ice machine broken. Electrical outlet not working right and lamp kept flickering. Wrong time on alarm clock.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I rented this hotel at the last minute, as I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it to Nashville for our friend's birthday. We were only going to be staying for 1 night, so we figured based on location and price this would be a good choice. A couple of complaints that we had were that they front door would not completely shut, and the water actually had some black flakes in it. The continental breakfast was as to be expected for the price. Overall, I would say the hotel was a little underwhelming, and staff wasn't very engaging. Location though is good, being that its in close proximity to the highway.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The office staff were unfriendly and not helpful at all. Scary location and not close to the downtown area. Found a bug in my bed and felt very unsafe. The hair dryer was broken and asked the office if another one was available and they said no. Not close to Opryland. had to take a taxi everywhere. Asked if their was a bus pickup and office said they didn't know. Asked for tour advice they didn't know. Asked for them to print out our airline passes and they said no. No internet/computer available for guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I look for different things in hotels at different times while traveling - this time I went with 'cheap' and picked our hotel based purely on the cheapest price I could find for that evening in the area. We usually arrive late and leave early, so are typically just looking for a basic, clean room with a bed and a working shower. Here, I got the bed and the working shower, but I found the carpet disgusting. I wouldn't walk around without my shoes on. The rest of the room was clean enough, though the back of the bathroom door had a large sentence or two of graffiti scribbled on it. The offensive words were blacked out, and I don't know if that is going to be the extent of the clean-up or if it was a temporary measure.

I really debated how to rate this hotel, because our experience was not terrible, and the staff was efficient and friendly, but I found the carpet truly disgusting. So, I definitely would not call it an average hotel based on every hotel I've ever stayed at, but is it average for this price range hotel? No, I still don't think so, when one item is that severely out of whack, but since the service and breakfast met or exceeded expectations, I ended up choosing 'average' for the overall rating.

We arrived about 9 PM on a Saturday evening. Check-in was smooth - quick and friendly. I was glad to see we had a room on the back side as the front faces a 4-lane road and I-65, so I thought the back rooms were likely be quieter. We went up to the room - there's an elevator to the upper floors, but we used the stairs. The hotel's not in the best of neighborhoods, and there was a very rough-looking individual hanging around on the balcony that made me a little uncomfortable, but we had no trouble with other guests. Once in the room, we got ready for bed and went to sleep. The bed was comfortable, and I got a good night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was fine - there were seats available in the dining area and options included coffee (I don't drink it, so can't comment) and juice, cereal, danish, fruit, and maybe some other items. No hot options that I noticed. Check-out was also easy and friendly, and we headed out to our next destination.

So, it was an OK experience, but I would likely choose somewhere else to try next time.

Room Tip: I imagine rooms on the back side of the building are probably quieter (front faces a 4-lane road and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Well we stayed here because the website said close to opryland and the price was unbeatable! Well, it's a 10-15 minute drive to anywhere but the gas station next door and the pictures are considered false advertising. Their pool is in the middle of a Parking lot ( not going in there), our remote for the tv wasn't working the first night and the front desk had me walk down there and he gave me another remote... Oh what a surprise it didn't work! We have been watching qvc ever since. The maid doesn't speak English or understand that I don't want my room cleaned at 8am. And everything is wet/ damp including my luggage... Wouldn't be surprised if they have a mold problem. Lastly, the ac does not work... It just blows around room temperature air. It's never cold and we left it on all day, when we came back at night it was cooler outside than in... But it's the price that got us... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

• Stayed: August 2013