“good basic food”

Rippy's Smokin' Bar & Grill
Ranked #99 of 2,038 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
worcester
“good basic food”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stopped here as part of a tour so it was a set menu. The food was good and plenty of it, the waitress was helpful and the food arrived quickly and was hot.

Visited November 2012

Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Fun”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Rippy's is a good place to hang out before a game at the Bridgestone. Being a wine drinker, I was unpleasantly surprised to have it served to me in a plastic cup though.

Visited December 2012
Roanoke
“Three bars and good food in one place”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

This is my second trip to Rippy's. I had the half rack ribs and they were delicious...the food and bar service was excellent. The bands my first trip were good; however, the bands were less to be desired last night. I will definitely go back hoping the bands are much better. Everybody needs to experience Rippy's at least once.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Food was good. Entertainment in dining room was mediocre.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I had the pulled pork platter. Was pretty tasty BBQ. Main dining room band was three old dudes playing the most depressing drek ever. Moved over to another part of the place to a bigger bar and better band. Then the lead singer let his twelve year old take over and belt out a couple Miranda Lambert songs. Kinda went south at that point. Overall I'd say I'd eat there again and hope to catch better acts.

Winter Haven, Florida
“Friendly and considerate of mobility challenged”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

After attending the early night "Grand Ol' Opry" @ Ryman Auditorium, the crowd was too large and traffic too congested to even think about driving from the parking lot. Decided to go "honkey-tonking" on Broadway. Loud music coming out of all venues, but crowds, lines and bouncers made it difficult for a manual wheelchair to enter. Walked two blocks east, crossed Broadway and headed back west. Rippy's was the last place we encountered, music, no line and no steps. Perfect!!! Took us a few minutes to assess the area, but everyone (patrons included!!) were very polite to my husband and his wheelchair. Noticed the end bar stool empty, I sat and the person next to me looked, saw my husband trying to be out of the way, and moved over to allow him more room!
Music was loud, but not obnoxious, played by 40/50ish 3 person group. We thought they had an excellent reportoire. Ordered a drink for each of us. Bartender immediately realized where my husband was. Ordered a sandwich to share and served almost immediately.. with extra plate and plastic utensils! Ordered another drink..group ended and it took close to 45 min to set up and "sound check" (youngsters!!!) After one poor song we left.
Definitely a DRINKING VENUE!! Sandwich was fair. SERVICE EXCELLENT!!!

• Visited November 2012