“Not the Best, Not The Worst”
Review of Whitt's Barbecue

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Whitt's Barbecue
Ranked #699 of 2,163 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Fast Food
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I would have given 3 stars but the price was worth an extra point to me. BBQ can be very expensive for a quick lunch except at Whitt's. I am not the biggest fan of vinegar based BBQ but the pork ribs were good and fell off the bone. Sides were OK - nothing to write home about. Cross it off the bucket list and try a new BBQ place next time.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The experience was really good and the food was very tasty! Especially LOVE THE CORNBREAD! Plenty of space to sit inside and dine. The Ribs were fantastic!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had the ribs and my wife had the pulled pork and both were good, tender and good flavor. For sides we both had beans, (add some barbecue sauce to them) and I had vinegar slaw which was pretty good. the corn bread was good as well.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Yuk, this place is overrated not sure why anyone likes it. We had pulled pork sandwich it's a vinegar base so if you like Carolina style you may like it.

1  Thank Vdubfixer
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have friends who love Whitt's.I am so not in agreement with them here.Whitt's precooks their meat and then steams it at each individual store.This is not real smoked barbeque as it should be.It is an abomination in my opinion.Their potatoe salad is mushy.Their slaw is cabbage vinegar and sugar.There corn bread is bland.The turkey is okay but really you can find much better bbq anywhere else.Jack's is way better.Jim N Nicks is ,too.All the good reviews you read are probably from folks who have never had real barbeque.The only reason I think most people go is for convenience as there is a Whitt's on almost every corner in the Music City.That and they are fairly cheap.You do get what you pay for.Support a little Mom and Pop joint and you will be much happier!

1  Thank jackman1111