“Splendid indeed! Perfectly named ice cream heaven”

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
Ranked #4 of 58 Dessert in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Description: Our latest Nashville scoop shop opened in September, 2013 in the 12 South neighborhood and is next to Josephine, a new cafe by Miranda Whitcomb Pontes, who serves Jeni's ice creams in her nearby Burger Up pub. Other Music City favorites in the area include 12 South Taproom & Grill, Katy K Designs, and denim purveyor Imogene + Willie. 12 South epitomizes what we love in a neighborhood: action. 12 South, a lively, super-cool area, includes some of the best options for enjoying yourself in Nashville.
Louisville, Ky.
“Splendid indeed! Perfectly named ice cream heaven”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

If you enjoy food wonderfully planned and lovingly prepared, each taste of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream will assure you that you are in the right place.

We do not have the good fortune of having one at home (or nearby even) so when we have a mantra that when we travel, we never eat where we could also it as if we were home. This had been on my bucket list, for lack of a better name for my list, of tastes i wanted to try.... This location is between 2.5 and 3 hours away from home and i was determined that when in the area I was seeking it out.

On this visit I had the incredible pleasure of trying Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk (by far, The Best strawberry ice cream I have ever eaten....and there have been many...), Reisling Poached Pear Sorbet (lovely flavor on its own but also served as a bit of a palate cleanser between richer flavors), and Sweet Cream Biscuits with Peach Jam. Each of these, I believe are seasonal flavors, some perennial. Sampling each others, I was pleased to taste milk chocolate and a dark chocolate ice cream that were both luscious. I ended with Black Coffee ice cream and found it to be among the very best coffee ice creams i have ever put in my mouth.

And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the staff here are FANTASTIC! They deserve the tip jar to be full, so don't forget!

• Visited August 2014

ohio
“Good...pricey.”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

The ice cream is good, but I think it is a little pricey for what you get. I had Buckeye and milk chocolate. They were both good, but we have great ice cream in Cinti (Graeters), so I am spoiled by that. For me, it is hard to beat. Especially considering that Graeters is also expensive, but their scoops are much larger than what Jeni's gives you. The employees were nice...gave me the samples I asked for and described each one in detail as she gave me the sample. So it is good ice cream, but to me it is a little over rated.

Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Best Ice Cream Ever!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Went here after lunch while on a trip visiting Vanderbilt. The ice cream flavors are unique and amazing. All three of us had something different and they were all excellent. If in town, you HAVE to stop by!

Panama Province, Panama
“Line is quick”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Line was out the door, but the ice cream is delicious. And even with the line, they are still patient giving out samples (I tried three). BUT the scoop size is very small (we have ours in a cup, so it doesn't go far), and the ice cream melts quickly (we sat inside). I would visit Jeni's because the flavors are unique--just go knowing it is a big splurge for what you get on your cone or in a cup!

• Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Best ice cream ever!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Cute little place with very nices workers!! Encouraged us to try as many flavors as we wanted!! So fresh and creamy but had a texture to please! The pear was amazing! We all loved it and wish there was one in Chicago!!

• Visited July 2014